Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Anybody have any opinions on Blackberry's version of the LG Vu?
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    It sure puts the FUG in fugly based on what I briefly saw. However they, at the very least, turned up a surprising profit this quarter, and are still producing phones, so I'll give them that.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    As someone who is considering BBOS because they knocked off lots of webOS stuff, I have to say I'm happy they're still around and kicking.

The device is far too large for my tastes, but otherwise seems inoffensive.
    I'm actually thinking of getting it because it looks so wacky. It has a nice size screen and the physical keyboard BB is famous for. It's as close to WebOS as I am likely to see for the near future and is most certainly NOT an iphone or android device. It does look a bit on the wide side but only getting one hand will tell the full story.
    Every time I bought avant-garde device I regretted. If anyone considering querty BB10 device, then Classic is a safe bet (but I suspect it will be over sized, somewhere like Samsung Galaxy S4 with querty).
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Anybody have any opinions on Blackberry's version of the LG Vu?
    I think that its really nice slick device and it was great to see company blackberry still driven and determined on releasing phones with physical keyboard (even though they are becoming the thing of the past, thanks to iPhone and android), everything what the horribly designed HP Veer should had been for WebOS. It got a nice wide- display and it got a keyboard that the user does not have slide open to reveal the qwerty keyboard and does not have to plug any magnet connector to plug in any headphones and lets not talk about 2.6 inch display. Not to discourage the WebOS users who own veers, but I think that palm could use the form factor of Pixi but with 3.2 inch HD display.

Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 06/20/2014 at 05:15 AM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    How dare you speak ill of the Panda!

The only thing I can fault it for was that miserable magnetic socket. Everything else on the Panda was IMO fantastic.
    boovish and guilledil like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I think that its really nice slick device and it was great to see company blackberry still driven and determined on releasing phones with physical keyboard (even though they are becoming the thing of the past, thanks to iPhone and android), everything what the horribly designed HP Veer should had been for WebOS. It got a nice wide- display and it got a keyboard that the user does not have slide open to reveal the qwerty keyboard and does not have to plug any magnet connector to plug in any headphones and lets not talk about 2.6 inch display. Not to discourage the WebOS users who own veers, but I think that palm could use the form factor of Pixi but with 3.2 inch HD display.

Click to view quoted image
    That's actually a picture of the BlackBerry Classic. The Passport is the device on the left in this image:

http://cdn.liliputing.com/wp-content...y-passport.jpg
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Pretty goofy looking device.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Looks far too... square, no sure how comfortable that would be to hold. I find the Jolla not that comfortable and it isn't nearly as wide.

Barry