1.    #1  
    I'm sure most of the webOS faithful have migrated to other platforms by now. Since my poor Veer broke, I've been a refugee on other platforms. I've been using a BB form factor Ginerbread device and a Nexus 7. I feel in love with the Pebble smartwatch and need to upgrade my phone for v2.0 of the Pebble software. This means either Android 4 or newer or iOS. I've long had the inability to type on a virtual keyboard. I loved Grafitti back in the day.

I'm now debating between a Samsung Note II for both the pen and the larger screen and getting the Typo keyboard with a jailbroken iPhone. Not sure about the pocketability of the Note vs already having apps etc established on Android. Which do you think would make a webOS user more happy?
    <thread moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by thehyperone View Post
    I'm sure most of the webOS faithful have migrated to other platforms by now. Since my poor Veer broke, I've been a refugee on other platforms. I've been using a BB form factor Ginerbread device and a Nexus 7. I feel in love with the Pebble smartwatch and need to upgrade my phone for v2.0 of the Pebble software. This means either Android 4 or newer or iOS. I've long had the inability to type on a virtual keyboard. I loved Grafitti back in the day.

I'm now debating between a Samsung Note II for both the pen and the larger screen and getting the Typo keyboard with a jailbroken iPhone. Not sure about the pocketability of the Note vs already having apps etc established on Android. Which do you think would make a webOS user more happy?
    I went from a Veer and Touchpad combo to Samsung Note II with with some spiffy android apps that tried to make the Note more webos like. It's not a bad choice and actually quite pocketable (of course nothing is pocketable when compared to Veer). Put a modified back on it and am able to use my extensive Touchstone collection for charging. Even found an Exhibition type app that brings up a clock when the Note is placed on the touchstone. After a 14 months with that combination (and still occasionally firing up the Veer because I really miss it) I realized that I was still using the Touchpad just as much. Which defeats the whole purpose of a Phablet. Plus putting that Samsung next to your head to answer a call is a little weird. If you go that route try a Samsung HM500 bluetooth stick to make it a little less strange. Anyway, my new combination is an Acer Iconia 7 inch tablet and a Samsung Pocket Neo. Neo has a form factor a bit like a Pre (sans keyboard) and runs Jelly Bean. But I wouldn't recommend it for anything but size and phone use. Iconia however is great. Perfect size for notetaking at meetings, reading, etc. So that's my typing tool and the Neo is just a phone or emergency email device (like at a boring play the other night.) The Touchpad is almost completely unused now. Even OpenMobile couldn't save it. I also have plenty of Apple stuff around the house as my wife and kids are all disciples. Hate it. But the mechanical keyboard attachments have always intrigued me.....maybe I'll try that next. But I really want my Veer back as a daily driver. A damn near perfect smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehyperone View Post

I prefer iPhone over android, mainly because of the cards multitasking, and rather than getting the Typo keyboard, I prefer one of the other keyboard cases, rather than the typo. Keyboard Buddy Apple iPhone 5 Case - The best of both worlds. An ultra slim, slide out, bluetooth, backlit keyboard for the Apple iPhone 5.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I prefer iPhone over android, mainly because of the cards multitasking, and rather than getting the Typo keyboard, I prefer one of the other keyboard cases, rather than the typo. Keyboard Buddy Apple iPhone 5 Case - The best of both worlds. An ultra slim, slide out, bluetooth, backlit keyboard for the Apple iPhone 5.
    Yeah, I like the multitasking card ripped off from webOS when I saw iOS 7. The iOS interface just works better in portrait, which is why I'm thinking Typo would be a better option. Also, I'm a bit concerned about extra thickness those cases have. I want to be able to type with one hand. Landscape won't work for that but I'm not sure if Typo's weight ratio would make that problematic.

I'm also dependent on Google Voice so I'm not sure if I can replicate the fluid integration Android provides.
    Might not be able to get a typo keyboard soon and the few members on iMore that have them stated that there not to user friendly
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship