Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By laoh
  • 1 Post By Firepower
  1.    #1  
    I think I just found the best Android app for someone that misses webOS like me. it's called Swipe Home Button and I found it while viewing this video for HTC One.

    One thing I've always wanted to do was to swipe up from the bottom bezel to bring up the recent apps list to at least try to imitate the way we switch cards on webOS. I didn't like long pressing home button on my GS4 (I hate long presses period) to bring up the recent apps list.

    With Swipe Home Button, you can tie an action to a gesture and the swipe up from the bottom bezel is one of them. Now I can finally swipe up to bring up the recent apps. Task switching is still not webOS fluid but it's not bad.

    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2JM_lHiCf0[/YT]
    Last edited by laoh; 01/04/2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Rnp, normsland and jkromero like this.
  2. #2  
    I just checked for my Samsung.. it's free. I think I will try it.
  3. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #3  
    Me too... ;-)

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Tried it, Love it, I can't stand pressing the button and even worst holding it down for a second while i wait for my recent apps to come up, This is a must if you like webOS and use android.

    There could for sure be more functions to this app but the basics are there. I wish I could bring up the app launcher just like in webOS. but seems there is not custom app for that.
  5. #5  
    nice find u got there, esp a free app that doesnt have any insane permissions.

    thats rare imho.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    There could for sure be more functions to this app but the basics are there. I wish I could bring up the app launcher just like in webOS. but seems there is not custom app for that.
    Do you mean you want to swipe up from the home page to bring up the app drawer? If so, you can do that with a custom app launcher like Nova launcher, which is what I use. You can assign actions to gestures in Nova as well; however the catch is, you can only do Nova gestures when you're on the home screen, so unlike Swipe Home Button where you can do a bottom bezel swipe up gesture while an app is full screen, with Nova gestures, you can only do it when you're on the home screen (when app is minimized). That said, they have swipe up where you can assign that to the drawer. Since Swipe Home Button is already using the swipe up starting from the bottom bezel, you can do your swipe up on the home page from mid-screen and Nova will recognize that. Also, if you have a Galaxy or similar phone like me with buttons (physical or capacitive) in the bottom bezel, you can assign actions to the button touches. If you want to make pressing the home button while you're on home screen to bring up the app drawer, you can do that too. Lots of options for customizations the way you prefer.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Do you mean you want to swipe up from the home page to bring up the app drawer? If so, you can do that with a custom app launcher like Nova launcher, which is what I use. You can assign actions to gestures in Nova as well; however the catch is, you can only do Nova gestures when you're on the home screen, so unlike Swipe Home Button where you can do a bottom bezel swipe up gesture while an app is full screen, with Nova gestures, you can only do it when you're on the home screen (when app is minimized). That said, they have swipe up where you can assign that to the drawer. Since Swipe Home Button is already using the swipe up starting from the bottom bezel, you can do your swipe up on the home page from mid-screen and Nova will recognize that. Also, if you have a Galaxy or similar phone like me with buttons (physical or capacitive) in the bottom bezel, you can assign actions to the button touches. If you want to make pressing the home button while you're on home screen to bring up the app drawer, you can do that too. Lots of options for customizations the way you prefer.
    Thanks for the reply. I did something a little different. All i did to make this work was i downloaded an app that just opened up the app launcher, Appdrawer I think it's called. now i just use the custom app and select that,

    works for me. This is so far today the best day I have ever used Android. The only thing I need now that i really miss about webos is card view. If I could get an app that switched the recent apps from going up and down to left to right I'd be happy.
  8. #8  
    You should also check into Wave Launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.wavelauncher
    Stay thirsty, my friends
  9. #9  
    Ya I've seen the wave launcher before but I personally never used it so no need for me
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    The only thing I need now that i really miss about webos is card view. If I could get an app that switched the recent apps from going up and down to left to right I'd be happy.
    When CM7 first came out for Touchpad, someone made a mod where the recent apps were big and scrolled sideways. I think many ppl made that mod, including myself. Though, I have to say, the bigger "cards" made it harder to use b/c you couldn't see as many cards on screen compared to before. Plus, unlike webOS, Android (and apple) cards don't snap into place after each swipe and I didn't like trying to scroll bigger cards left-right when it was free scrolling.
  11. #11  
    Now if only there was a way to do this on the iPhone without jailbraeking, especially since the new multitasking screen is just like webos'es.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  12. #12  
    Good if you could also add back button as swipe
    Rnp likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02/09/2012, 09:08 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12/16/2011, 03:03 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09/07/2011, 01:35 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/25/2011, 09:33 AM
  5. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10/12/2010, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions