Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mattmers
  1.    #1  
    LG announced their Chromebook desktop. Be great if it had a touchscreen and webOS

LG Newsroom

CHROMEBASE_11.jpg
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    LG announced their Chromebook desktop. Be great if it had a touchscreen and webOS

LG Newsroom

CHROMEBASE_11.jpg
    Android is everybody's cash cow now. Can someone explain to me how LG putting WebOS on televisions is more profitable than putting it on LG phones, especially since WebOS is a mobile platform. I'd love to have a WebOS TV and phone that has a remote app for the TV.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
    Android is everybody's cash cow now. Can someone explain to me how LG putting WebOS on televisions is more profitable than putting it on LG phones, especially since WebOS is a mobile platform. I'd love to have a WebOS TV and phone that has a remote app for the TV.
    Chrome is quite different than Android. I don't know why they bought WebOS for TV but maybe they needed the talent more then the OS. Maybe realized they needed to reboot their TV os and webOS was cheap, and already started. They would not need to take a year with the frame work of a new os and then os and app development their after. Just seems like the quickest way for them to reboot it. Also maybe if the TV os is successful and impressive enough to LG's senior staff they will try it on different platforms, tablets, phones, and appliances. LG has its own dedicated page for Hotel TV's which could mean its a big market for them. The Hotel TV page says this:
    LG provides hospitality solutions for in-room entertainment, including LCD and plasma televisions, as well as interactive hotel TVs that allow guests to watch movies on demand, check email, surf the web and more.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    RumoredNow likes this.