Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By masterhit
  • 1 Post By ArchonAdvisors
  1.    #1  
    So what never worked on webOS [phones] now works on Android!

Printing in Android 4.4 KitKat (with some help from HP) | Android Central
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/05/2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So what never worked on webOS now works on Android!

Printing in Android 4.4 KitKat (with some help from HP) | Android Central
    webOS Printing from QuickOffice, Photos, etc... always worked for me, but then I have an HP Printer..

Also my wife has HP ePrint on her IPad Mini (also works well), but then we have an HP Printer...

However, looked at KitKat plugin, non of my devices are compatible, not even CM9 Touchpad...

So looks like Matias Duarte finally gets the UI he always wanted and dreamed of...

A bit on synergy, cloud file systems, integrated printing... Still waiting for the Phone pairing...
    still waiting for the decent UI... (speaking about Android)

I never had any issues with printing either once the Touch2PC program was released. I wasn't replacing my printer to print from my Touchpad (though I eventually bought a Canon wireless printer to replace my older HP printer).
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Ah....

never post after a few wines..

and no touchpad...

editing post 1!

I DO have an HP wireless printer & smart office.

[edit]
    Hang on, Touch2PC prints via a PC! I could plug in USB mode or use wifi file sharing to print via the PC! Not direct from webOS or... OK that's TP to (newish) HP only.

So, a TP & newish HP printer will work, but any other webOS / printer combination is basically using the device as a 'drive' and needs a PC to do the prep / formatting for the printing.

But Android 'Kitkat' will do it.

Ah well. What will really annoy me is a toaster running Android 'Poptart'.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/05/2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Yeah I have the 3510 and my TouchPad sees it and prints to it fine. No dice on my webOS phones though. Why isn't that functionality there? No idea. Oh and the app setup was like salt in the wound because the images they use to demonstrate wireless phone printing are all webOS phones.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    the app setup was like salt in the wound because the images they use to demonstrate wireless phone printing are all webOS phones.
    what app setup are you referring to? any URL pointer ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Yeah I have the 3510 and my TouchPad sees it and prints to it fine. No dice on my webOS phones though. Why isn't that functionality there? No idea. Oh and the app setup was like salt in the wound because the images they use to demonstrate wireless phone printing are all webOS phones.

Yes once I played with that copied over the Frameworks/Binaries for printing have a Print Manager Application, when connected to WiFi My HP Printer is Auto Discovered and reports in...

Installed Adobe Reader (from touchpad on Phone), Opened a PDF (can't use Adobe Reader Interface), change PDF to Adobe Reader and then use InternalzPro to select the PDF, document opens fine in Adobe Reader...

Now Click Print, it shows me the Printer, when I click Print, it returns unable to process print job. (error -1 or -202)...

Wait just tried it today... Kept clicking, if finally showed it to be able to print selected only 1 page and clicked Print...

Unable to communicate with the printer. Please make sure the printer is online and try again...

Shutdown the Printer... Restarted Printer...

Tried again?

Preparing to Print...

Palm PrePlus with webOS 2.2.5 and webOS 3.0.5 parts prints...

For updates: Native Printing from webOS Phones...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 11/06/2013 at 01:34 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    HP Mobileprinting app for webos .... would be cool... for now i just installed CUPS on my Veer
    netzherpes - lassen sie mich arzt, ich bin durch
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  9.    #9  
    So I post a random moan and within 24hrs there are two solutions?!?!?

Having opened my fat mouth, I'm now going to try this and make this post a how-to for those like me. (ignorant)

1. So I've downloaded the zip from John Steffes. -DONE

2. I need to run this script... from WOSQI? Or on some kind of terminal on the phone?

3. I need to get the print app - which is either Adobe reader or Quick office for Touchpad.

I don't know how to get that from the app catalogue - I have no TP, so I'll try the extract from doctor route. Downloading doctor from here: http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar

Can't see the file in this .jar.. maybe it's in the webOS.tar file ? Nope. Not in HP.tar either...

4. Install that app with WOSQI or Preware - should be easy.

5. Need to set the app as the default .pdf handler in the device info preferences. Doesn't seem possible at the moment (PDF View only), but maybe it first needs another option or maybe the script unlocks it..?

6. Need to use InternalzPro file manager to launch a PDF

More later as I stumble through this...

Having opened my fat mouth, I'm now going to try this and make this post a how-to for those like me. (ignorant)

1. So I've downloaded the zip from John Steffes. -DONE

2. I need to run this script... from WOSQI? Or on some kind of terminal on the phone?

3. I need to get the print app - which is either Adobe reader or Quick office for Touchpad.

I don't know how to get that from the app catalogue - I have no TP, so I'll try the extract from doctor route. Downloading doctor from here: http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar

Can't see the file in this .jar.. maybe it's in the webOS.tar file ? Nope. Not in HP.tar either...

4. Install that app with WOSQI or Preware - should be easy.

5. Need to set the app as the default .pdf handler in the device info preferences. Doesn't seem possible at the moment (PDF View only), but maybe it first needs another option or maybe the script unlocks it..?

6. Need to use InternalzPro file manager to launch a PDF

More later as I stumble through this...
    For Updates: Native Printing from webOS Phones...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 11/06/2013 at 04:20 PM.
    That's our webosnation crowd for you.
    pattyland likes this.