• 10 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By eKeith
  • 1 Post By TJB
  • 2 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 2 Post By boovish
  1.    #1  
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 hands-on | Android Central

"Multitasking on a smartphone is still something many major players are working out how to do right." :rolls eyes: And I swear if iOS 7's multitasking gets rave reviews of "a company finally got it right" I'm going to punch a kitten. A really cute one.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Lol! I needed that morning laugh...

... Kittens evacuate! You know that's the script...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    xandros9 likes this.
    RAM = 03GB!

Meeee... Wantssss...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  4. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I would consider going to whichever OS has the best multi-tasking or most similar to WebOs. Right now I have the Note 2 and while I luv the huge screen I miss WebOs. I still have my touch pads to get my fix.

It would suck if apple was the first to get it right. It would be hard to go back to a tiny screen.
    Rnp likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    RAM = 03GB!

Meeee... Wantssss...

Best Regards...
    Ha. I'd settle for 512MB of unshared RAM on my Pre 3.
    MAMISHO and cujoq37 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I would consider going to whichever OS has the best multi-tasking or most similar to WebOs. Right now I have the Note 2 and while I luv the huge screen I miss WebOs. I still have my touch pads to get my fix.

It would suck if apple was the first to get it right. It would be hard to go back to a tiny screen.
    They already did. iOS 7 is basically like webOS 1.4.5.1. And why the heck would that suck?

Check out the video I made of it

If you want, I can remake it.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I am excited about some of the new features added to iOS, but I HATE the new UI! I can't be so blunt on imore or I would get lambasted by the overzealous members and moderators telling me to get a different phone or calling me a troll. I'll have to put up with the ui or live without the features I guess.

- Matt
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I am excited about some of the new features added to iOS, but I HATE the new UI! I can't be so blunt on imore or I would get lambasted by the overzealous members and moderators telling me to get a different phone or calling me a troll. I'll have to put up with the ui or live without the features I guess.

- Matt
    I agree. Tim Cook needs to fire whoever created iOS 7
    MAMISHO and Grabber5.0 like this.
    The multitasking on iOS 7 is basically similar to webOS in look only. Yeah, the cards are there, but the function is still very different. If I remember correctly webOS just kept everything in a card open.

If Apple is credited with, "Doing it right" it will be because of how the OS decides to keep apps open and pull info from rather than how you actually switch between apps. The model is supposed to go to one where iOS 7 picks the apps you use most at the time of day you use them and remember to keep them open for you at that time.

I believe it was Brian Klug from Anandtech who said on an edition of Vector that he believed Android will be going in a similar direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by Good OL MC; 09/07/2013 at 12:08 AM.
    Twitter: @GoodOLMC
    I thought Palm did multitasking on phones first ? now Samsung or Apple will claim they did it, and linking phone and tablet together with calls texts etc by a major manufacturer is a new feature, my Touchpad/pre 3 did that in 2011, And every OS is borrowing parts of web OS the cards being one, Palm must have got a lot right, a shame they could not have still been here today developing web OS to be the leading system. Sorry forgot HP screwed it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    They already did. iOS 7 is basically like webOS 1.4.5.1. And why the heck would that suck?

Check out the video I made of it

If you want, I can remake it.
    Actually it sucks if no stacks or mini-cards

(to proper forum)
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Actually it sucks if no stacks or mini-cards
    I never really use stacks or mini cards. Only to show off to my friends how much smoother and better my webOS device is than their shattered and laggy samsung devices
    Yeah, never got into the habit of using those features. Next up: live cards - yeah right.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    "Multitasking on a smartphone is still something many major players are working out how to do right."
    Reminds me of the quote from eblade's sig:
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I never really use stacks or mini cards. Only to show off to my friends how much smoother and better my webOS device is than their shattered and laggy samsung devices
    I heard someone say they never pay any attention to stacks before and I can't imagine. To me it's scrolling aimlessly left and right without stacks or minicards. I wish my laptop had stacks.
    How I use my phone is to have my main app (most often a music player) by itself and the others I want to get to in a stack to the right. Minimal scrolling and very easy. Sometimes I use advanced gestures.
    In fact I hated webos on the touchpad until lunaCE fixed it because the cards were way too big and it was just a lot of blind scrolling this way and that
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    To me it's scrolling aimlessly left and right without stacks or minicards. I wish my laptop had stacks.
    What OS do you use? I use Linux with WindowMaker as my window manager and can do the usual alt/ctrl+tab to switch apps but also ctrl+alt+left/right between desktops, so essentially ctrl+alt+left/right can be considered move between a stack and ctrl/alt+tab to move up and down that stack. I believe Windows has a virtual desktop app but it isn't very good and I guess Apple kit has similar.