Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    And from what i can tell, some kind of service relating to the Telephony API (i haven't looked), is subscribing to updates to that DB section, so once you make a put request, something else wakes up (look at the dbus/Ls2 stream maybe?) and pulls the message out of the database, processes it and deletes the entry
    I think you're precisely right. I see all the preparation for an MMS entry to the MojoDB in the jsjsjs, $and$ $I$ $can$ $indeed$ $see$ $the$ $mms$ $object$ $listed$ $in$ $message$:$1$ $with$ $Impostah$ $in$ $various$ $states$, $as$ $would$ $be$ $expected$ $from$ $the$ $exposed$ $js$.

New messages are posted to the Outbox as "pending". Eventually some service, which I suspect is the subscribed mms-service binary, seems to wake up and send it, then recategorizing the message on success or failure and updating the UI (not deleting the db entry).

As best as I can tell, mms-service is where the watcher code we really want to see is hidden. Trail goes cold after the entry is posted to the db. And nothing up to there gives hints to how the MIME message is actually posted. Just the list of recipients.

And word of warning: how the recipients are structured in the db entry appears critical to how the MMS messages are databased for GUI interpretation. Both before and after transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I would opine that iOS automatically replying to all
    Instead of giving a choice is NOT a better implementation!
    Well, technically there is a choice in iOS. There's a setting to disable Group Messages (not the default). webOS is all the worse apparently since we can't stop sending group info on MMS messages.

(I dunno if iMessage gives a choice on a per-message basis.)
    Remy X likes this.
  2.    #22  
    So, in summary...

SMS is still effectively classic BCC (naturally).

And unless someone smart comes along, the only MMS BCC solutions I see are:
    1) As suggested previously, manually send MMS messages individually
    2) Recode the loop in compose-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $do$ #$1$ $for$ $you$, $generating$ $multiple$ $MMS$ $requests$
    3) Accept the fact that all group MMS messages in webOS are effectively exposed CC, a la email

Personally I don't want to pursue options 1 or 2 as they mean the same picture is repeatedly uploaded.
    I guess the next step would be to build a barebones MMS-only app (and replace Messages with it) that makes proper DB calls and allows the user to edit a JSON blob/template that is fed into the database, independently of how the Messages app likes things to be.

If we can somehow force the mms-service to consume the modified format, through trial and error it may be possible to invoke BCC. I may be overly-optimistic, but this way we could determine if there's any chance of it working properly or the mms-service itself is not up to spec and lacks the ability to format messages as carrier-handled BCC

With so many more layers to the equation, JSJSJS $app$ $logic$, $the$ $database$ $intermediary$, $and$ $the$ $mms$-$service$, $in$ $the$ $worst$ $case$, $it$ $may$ $be$ $that$ $mms$-$service$ $is$ &$quot$;$smart$&$quot$; $on$ $the$ $parser$/$formatter$/$sender$ $side$ $where$ $it$ $generates$ $the$ $final$ $message$, $but$ &$quot$;$dumb$&$quot$; $on$ $the$ $database$ $side$, $and$ $being$ $configured$ $to$ $only$ $want$ $certain$ $things$. $But$ $it$'$s$ $worth$ $messing$ $around$ $with$ $it$ $to$ $see$ $how$ $flexible$ $it$ $may$ $actually$ $be$
    Last edited by Remy X; 09/02/2013 at 06:09 PM.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    If we can somehow force the mms-service to consume the modified format, through trial and error it may be possible to invoke BCC. I may be overly-optimistic, but this way we could determine if there's any chance of it working properly or the mms-service itself is not up to spec and lacks the ability to format messages as carrier-handled BCC
    The only WAG I can see to try is in _sendMessageMms in the setup of the structure "params" by changing the name of the "to" field to "bcc".

It seems unlikely the mms-service would swallow it. But if you're right and it's capable, just not getting the right input, then that's the only obvious place I see to try it. Anything else would be a complete shot in the dark. Really have no idea what db structure the service can accept.

(I do otherwise see a simple way to revise the jsjsjs $to$ $generate$ $multiple$ $MMS$ $messages$. $Still$ $don$'$t$ $like$ $that$ $though$.)
    Remy X likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12