Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By gizmo21
  • 3 Post By C-Note
  1.    #1  
    I know comparisons in the mobile sector are lame (who was first...), but as i really like many of the small but noticable Palm design-decissions, it's good to see they are copied more often now:

Reminds me of Pre3-Rubberback incl. rounded volume buttons:

Blink notifications:

Well OK this is a common feature now, but very welcome.

And wireless charging:

Well here is potential for a better TouchPad like stand sollution, but the good is QI-standard could make this possible for 3rd party firms.

As far as i can see we could get some decent replacement for palm devices somewhen. And good to see Android device manufacturers not only copying iPhone features anymore.

Oh how far ahead you where Palm...
    Remy X, cbosdell and Mutoidi like this.
    Except the Qi standard sucks, as our very own Derek Kessler explains: I hate the Nexus 4 Wireless Charger | Android Central

I can't imagine how well the charging works without the magnets. And that's one thing holding me from getting another phone (other than the fact I don't need one)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Except the Qi standard sucks, as our very own Derek Kessler explains: I hate the Nexus 4 Wireless Charger | Android Central

I can't imagine how well the charging works without the magnets. And that's one thing holding me from getting another phone (other than the fact I don't need one)
    It works as expected, Nokia's Qi charger is flat and not at an angle
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Yeah fortunately since Qi is a standard, alternative chargers are available. I need to look around for a Qi charger at a good price for my new Nexus 7.

Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    It works as expected, Nokia's Qi charger is flat and not at an angle
    maybe their charger has to be different in noticable ways for their patent not to clash with palms?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    All will prove to be the "revenge of the webOS nerds". All of the features which were scoffed at by the iOS and Android crowd back where there was a real horse race will be implemented and embraced as innovative and (gasp!) new.

I'm still undecided about if I should feel irritated at this or grateful that the things that made webOS great are being picked up. Still, nobody is getting to the multitasking feature at the same level as this creaky old OS, a feature which is still so useful that I can't walk away from my webOS phone.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Grabber5.0, Rnp and fxspec06 like this.

No inductive charging has been one of the worst things for me leaving webOS.

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    maybe their charger has to be different in noticable ways for their patent not to clash with palms?
    Most of the Qi chargers I have seen are flat other than I think one Nokia one I have seen off the top of my head.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I can't help but say you're kinda forcing the volume rocket analogy
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I can't help but say you're kinda forcing the volume rocker analogy
    Not really. I'm not sure this was intentional, but i'd say the similarity he noted is quite valid. Black chrome with "soft touch" plastic has sort of been a Palm trademark in the webOS days, and various things cycle in and out of fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    I'm very grateful! Otherwise, those cool ideas/features would have died with webOS. At least we still get most of the good stuff from webOS on other platforms now.
    And they still manage to do it wrong, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah fortunately since Qi is a standard, alternative chargers are available. I need to look around for a Qi charger at a good price for my new Nexus 7.
    E-Bay: LG WCP-300 QI Wireless Charger from seller ta-korea.global.

They are in South Korea, I am in the UK and bought one for my Nexus 4.

It unlike the Nokia pad I had (returned) worked fine with the N4, so no reason for it not to work with the N7.

Good seller and it came within a week!

Barry
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    E-Bay: LG WCP-300 QI Wireless Charger from seller ta-korea.global.

They are in South Korea, I am in the UK and bought one for my Nexus 4.

It unlike the Nokia pad I had (returned) worked fine with the N4, so no reason for it not to work with the N7.

Good seller and it came within a week!

Barry
    Wow a puck for inductive charging, now where have i seen that before

But then again without angle for the simple reading of exhibition time... Or magnets to for the right positioning, it' has potential to get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Wow a puck for inductive charging, now where have i seen that before

Click to view quoted image

But then again without angle for the simple reading of exhibition time... Or magnets to for the right positioning, it' has potential to get better.
    Wait what??? Where has this been for years? I feel like I've been missing out
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...