1.    #1  
    How do you think the user experience of BB10 is comparing to WebOS? I'm especially curious how the Hub is compared to Synergy+notifications.
    <<thread moved>>
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I moved to a Q10 nine days ago and love it. Had a GS3 and Nexus 4 and am so happy to have a real keyboard and webOS-like predictive. The OS is super clean and fast. I might actually retire my Pre3 now...the Q10 is that good.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have had a Z10 for about 1 month. Have been very happy with the performance of BB10 and the Z10. Faster than my Veer. I do not use many apps, but the ones I have used work well. The camera sincs with my Touchpad's Box account. I used the maps and GPS to get around Southern California on vacation. The Hub pulls everything in. Sometimes too much stuff. Works better than my wife's iPhone 4S and my daughter's LG Optimus G.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Also, The predictive typing works great. My wife sends some strange texts when the iPhone tries.
    i am highly interested in the q10 myself but the lack of apps is like moving to webos again. i dont want to keep waiting on promises.

also it seems that the bb10 os is not as custom/hacking/mod friendly. the square screen also makes the apps more limited.

instead of jumping right in, i will stay with my current phones. veer, pre 3, and s2. the s2 is actually a good phone minus the keyboard.

nevertheless, the q10 is very tempting
    iOS 7 will feel more webOS than BB in my opinion
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I'll let you know when I get my Q10 from work end of this month...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I played with a q10 and z10 last night at the t-mobile store, and it was a bit awkward at times. I would have to spend a lot more time with them to really rate them. I'll admit, webOS took some discovery at first to get comfortable, and I think these may be the same. I did find having to tap a tiny x to close an active app to be very unsatisfying compared to tossing them away. I also found the interface too flat just like Android and what has been shown of iOS 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I moved to a Q10 nine days ago and love it. Had a GS3 and Nexus 4 and am so happy to have a real keyboard and webOS-like predictive. The OS is super clean and fast. I might actually retire my Pre3 now...the Q10 is that good.

What happens when a new notification comes in?
    I've had a Z10 for almost 3 months now and I have to say that it is hands down the best OS I have used on a device, and I've been through iOS, WP, Android. I only ever got to experience webOS with a Touchpad, but it made me really wish that I had picked up a Pre before webOS was killed.

I find the OS to be very reminiscent of webOS but still very unique in its own regard. The gestures feel natural, the Hub is the best message management system out there, the OS is fast and rock solid.

As far as apps go, most of the apps I use are major apps anyways so there is either an official Android port or a native BB10 app out there (native BB10 apps also rock, slickest standard design out there). BB10 also has the best on-screen keyboard out there, but if you're coming from a keyboarded phone now, you'll probably adjust easier to the Q10.

tl;dr - Give BB10 a shot, you won't regret it
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    What happens when a new notification comes in?
    By default you get a tone and an LED blink. You can then "peek" at your hub to see what notices/messages/etc. are waiting using an up-and-right gesture. You can also use a third-party app to have app-specific or even contact-specific notification sounds and LED colors. BB10.2 allows a pop up notice that you can tap and respond to, but that's only in Beta right now.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I just bought a q10 to replace my pre 3 and veer. Pre3 would of been ok but im looking for something faster as far as network apeed. Veer was as great as well but my aging eyes makes it difficult to read. Got the q10 at a good price. Ill see if its easy on the eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    I just bought a q10 to replace my pre 3 and veer. Pre3 would of been ok but im looking for something faster as far as network apeed. Veer was as great as well but my aging eyes makes it difficult to read. Got the q10 at a good price. Ill see if its easy on the eyes
    If you think webos had a lack of apps, bb10 is really sucks for apps.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    If you think webos had a lack of apps, bb10 is really sucks for apps.
    Uh, sorry yo correct you, but BB10 + android player = way more apps that my pre3. Granted, I miss Advanced Options and other patches, but I find BB10 apps FAR more functional than what I had with my pre3.

I would have gone for the Z10 IF SPRINT HAD IT!
    knowwhatimean...

Hoping the A10 materializes soon on Sprint. The Q10 screen is a bit small for my old eyes.