Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
  1.    #1  
    BBC News - Blackberry shares plunge after $84m first-quarter loss

How long i wonder before/if they join us.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I hate seeing mistakes repeated.

Any die-hard Blackberry person loved:
    1. the scroll wheel, which they got rid of years ago
    2. the keyboard, which wasn't available on the latest OS until a week or so ago, right?

It is like webos screwing up PIM for the PalmOS people.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Remy X, Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    I wonder when the stock will bottom out and if it will be a good buy, or if Blackberry is going down in a big way...

But in any case, like Palm, they took way too long to innovate and catch up to modern offerings, by which time cash starts to run out... (edit: not to imply that they are low on cash.. didn't mean to make it sound that way... in fact, they are doing great in that regard)
    Last edited by Remy X; 06/29/2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Been helping out on that site today and it's like Déjà vu all over again! Sooo brings back memories of what this site went through when the bad news hit. At least BB's news isn't that some nut-job CEO is killing off the whole operating system.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Been helping out on that site today and it's like Déjà vu all over again! Sooo brings back memories of what this site went through when the bad news hit. At least BB's news isn't that some nut-job CEO is killing off the whole operating system.
    i suppose if BB does go belly up, at least we have Leo to squarly blame for the fiasco, it must be more gut wrenching for BB people knowing they have tried their best and are still losing grip regardless.
    It's like when HP promised 2.0 for the regular Pre users and then axed the program. They got everyone's hopes up that they would support that old(original) phone and then said "no" with no reason. (I was on the Beta team for that software and there was a reason). BB basically did the same thing with the Playbook. Most likely because they were facing the same issues HP did with 2.0 and the original Pre. They could get it to work, but at some point the cost is too high for the hardware you are trying to support. All I would say to the BB folks is "Welcome to our world".
    I'm over there too right now, watching the trainwreck unfold.... it looks to be a good opportunity for us to glean some more valuable insight, stuff and suggestions that RIM won't actually listen to, but we will

I know i sound pretty "out of touch", when we have so little market share (all of it legacy devices) and nothing out that can compete with the new flagship Android offerings, but wth, i'm not about to miss this occasion...
    OwOS + ACL -> Playbook? ;-)

Is it unlocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    OwOS + ACL -> Playbook? ;-)

Is it unlocked?
    The Playbook is boot locked, and we'll see if the display drivers are even compatible with the Android model. But the customers are sure as hell p*ssed and won't leave this be
    To be fair... their core competency is corporate, and most enterprise are actually still in testing phase for BlackBerry 10. It's a dramatic change, and there are a lot of security concerns with it. I know for my company the pilot starts next month (I signed up for it :P) and full rollout expected in the next quarter.

I would give them a bit more time before I call them dead.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Remy X, Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    I don't think they are 'dead' either, but they do need to get their crap together. I hope they learned a lesson from HP and give their new OS some time to develop. BB has been around a long time and they have users that (just like Palm) will resist the new OS. Lots of Palm users hated webOS in the beginning too. If BB will hold on, keep working and moving the OS forward, they'll survive. But if they freak and hesitate like HP did they'll be done.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/29/2013 at 01:25 AM.
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    IMHO, BB is far from dead. They're sitting on $3.1B in cash - a luxury webOS never had. I just bought a Q10 (to complment my Pre3 and my Nexus 4) and, aside from a dearth of apps, it's a nice phone and OS.

With the Q5 and A10 coming soon, I'd say BB has another year to hit a homerun. Sure hope they can pull it off.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Wow, such a big loss. Does this mean Crackberry gets removed from the header of Mobile Nations just like webOS Nation?
    Rnp likes this.
    At this rate Mobile Nations will have to create another "main website" to move all of these "dead" OS's over to.... perhaps "Immobile Nations"?
  15.    #15  
    At this rate Mobile Nations will have to create another "main website" to move all of these "dead" OS's over to.... perhaps "Immobile Nations"?
    ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grabber5.0 and Rnp like this.
    LOL.... I was thinking more along the line of zombie OS's. All the experts insist they are dead, but they keep coming back in droves proving these 'experts' wrong.
    Grabber5.0 and Rnp like this.
  17.    #17  
    LOL.... I was thinking more along the line of zombie OS's. All the experts insist they are dead, but they keep coming back in droves proving these 'experts' wrong.
    i should have added a rotting hand sticking out of the ground holding a phone
    HelloNNNewman and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    "Immobile Nations"?
    "Mobile Expats"?
    Interesting article here that compares Blackberry's current situation with that of Palm/HP.
    BlackBerry Offers Disappointing Report on Sales - Barrons.com
    geekpeter and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    "Mobile Expats"?
    "Mobile Graveyard"?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast