Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm watching the keynote address and I'm pretty sure I just saw "Cards" implemented on iOS7.

I'm curious to see how that all works.

Also, it looks like they are now using Android like widgets and animated backgrounds.

I wish we had some new WebOS hardware and software.
    I'm Raging lol. Bet Derek is happy.

http://www.imore.com/multitasking-up...tyle-interface
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mattmers; 06/10/2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Added more pics and link
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    RumoredNow likes this.
    jokingly, I would say that webOS team and LG better start suing apple now for cheaply copying webOS cards and ripping off multitasking.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    silvaalf likes this.
    I think iOS7 looks great but they are clearly stealing Card Multitasking. Even google was kind enough to not steal it and do there own thing. Come on Apple, I expect better.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad

Shadowhawk and Alex1958 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    jokingly, I would say that webOS team and LG better start suing apple now for cheaply copying webOS cards and ripping off multitasking.
    Did Palm file a patent for Card Multitasking? I just remember the Quick access bar.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    I think iOS7 looks great but they are clearly stealing Card Multitasking. Even google was kind enough to not steal it and do there own thing. Come on Apple, I expect better.
    Well, to be fair, BB copied the card multitasking on the Playbook and if we're going for visuals alone then Windows Phone copied it too.
    On the other hand: this time around webOS is owned by LG instead of HP so who knows, maybe they're gonna sue this time around.
    **compares to Touchpad**

Looks... umm.. crappy.

The duplicated clock/battery/wifi statusbar is something that Steve would have never allowed into production. It's still hard to believe he's gone.. but things like this are a definite reminder
    Last edited by Remy X; 06/11/2013 at 12:59 AM. Reason: typo :(
    chalx likes this.
    Did Palm file a patent for Card Multitasking? I just remember the Quick access bar.
    If it wasn't patented then HP blew a lot off steam when they laughed at BB and said "we're not gonna sue because it looks like a cheap rip-off". If they hadn't patented the card multitasking then they probably would've used a different sentence to laugh at BB.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Hope there is a lot of revision, it looks tacked on- even more so than the BB playbook's card style-

I think card style multi tasking is the best- and so far webOS still does it the best- I will have to see how it runs on iOS7... it just looks bad...very bad

and if card view is not your home screen its annoying...that's what I hate about ALL other mobile OS's is that its task manager is a secondary view. Closest thing is BB10 but they even managed to go more to the android and windows phone side of things rather than advance what they did with the playbook.
    Remy X likes this.
    I think that Palm might had had a patent for multitasking but, little amount of knowledge does not clearly states on how far the patent goes or contents within that patent.

According to some internet articles(that I researched online) about the event that transpired during the HP/Palm acquisition one of them mention a patent for multitasking that was filed in years ago in 2003...quoting the article: " Palm’s portfolio of patents at approximately $1.4 billion. In particular, he said, Palm has patents around one of the most-desirable areas for mobile operating systems — multitasking and Palm has also patents on cloud computing and visual search that could help create newer versions of search on mobile phones.''
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    This is sooooo Palm. So many times they've been so far ahead of the curve and had ideas taken and used years later. LOL

I was honestly thinking to myself about this just last night. I was seriously wondering if/when Apple would us the card interface. I was on the train yesterday watching a woman keep having to hit the button to go back.. back.. back.. through applications to the main screen. I knew someone would FINALLY adopt the card interface. Damn you Leo.

And... wholey moley.. those are some frakkin' huge icons below the cards.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/10/2013 at 03:06 PM.
    LCGuy likes this.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is sooooo Palm. So many times they've been so far ahead of the curve and had ideas taken and used years later. LOL

I was honestly thinking to myself about this just last night. I was seriously wondering if/when Apple would us the card interface. I was on the train yesterday watching a woman keep having to hit the button to go back.. back.. back.. through applications to the main screen. I knew someone would FINALLY adopt the card interface. Damn you Leo.

And... wholey moley.. those are some frakkin' huge icons below the cards.
    I never thought the day would come. However Apple will perfect it.
    Yes, damn you ***** Leo. A pig does not know the smell of Jasmine.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Yeah, really, lose the icons. I'm glad to see this, but I wish the swipe up was for this and not for the control center. Also I think the flat elements they put in the UI (like toolbar buttons) look awful, and too much like the Android elements.
    Not to forget the latest thing in iOS 14: Access to all your favourite cloud sources from each and every application. May it be Mail, Todos, Photo's or Files. Configure them ones access them everywhere!

Works like it's magic!.......or like Synergy. Who knows?

J
    Shadowhawk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I never thought the day would come. However Apple will perfect it.
    Yes, damn you ***** Leo. A pig does not know the smell of Jasmine.
    Yeah right, Apple will perfect it. You don't even know that for sure. Remember when they said they'd perfected their Maps app to get rid of Google Maps? Yeah, me too and look how that initially turned out. With Jobs, we'd know for sure they'd perfect it. With Cook? We'll have to see.
    What losers at Apple, and they call themselves innovators. <edited by moderator>. A golden opportunity lost.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/10/2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: language

<threads merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Wow Apple. Just wow. This is why I stick with Palm. They are always way ahead of the competition. Always will be?
    -wcTGgeek
    I like it, nice to see it - does anyone know how it's activated?
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Apparently the beta is popular but Apple still has some work to do on 'multitasking'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast