Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes
    Apparently they also added the back gesture to iOS7
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I like it, nice to see it - does anyone know how it's activated?
    You have to have an iTunes paid subscription, then press the main button 4 times to go into card view. Then you have to press the button twice to get out of card view to go to an app.

<of course I'm kidding>
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Why would you guys be upset at Apple for "stealing" this? Clearly we're not getting anything else out of webOS.

The card interface is the only thing holding me to my TouchPad. I love it. Can't stand to use Android and iPad because of it. When I lead worship at church, I just swipe thru my open PDF cards - couldn't be easier!

IF Apple finally got this right, then I'll be happy because I am sold on Features, not company names. Can't blame them for trying to make their system as great as possible!
    sledge007 and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    Why would you guys be upset at Apple for "stealing" this? Clearly we're not getting anything else out of webOS.

The card interface is the only thing holding me to my TouchPad. I love it. Can't stand to use Android and iPad because of it. When I lead worship at church, I just swipe thru my open PDF cards - couldn't be easier!

IF Apple finally got this right, then I'll be happy because I am sold on Features, not company names. Can't blame them for trying to make their system as great as possible!
    And if history repeats, they will announce to their sheep they invented card view and better multitasking then aquire a patent and beat everyone else to death with it for copying "their" tech.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    And if history repeats, they will announce to their sheep they invented card view and better multitasking then aquire a patent and beat everyone else to death with it for copying "their" tech.
    well, you are probably right, but at least they are actually running with the idea and making improvements to their product line, as opposed to what HP did. I guess I really don't care anymore as long as I have a device that works the way I want it to work. Right now, that is my TouchPad. But if apple gets multitasking right, then, I'll probably head that way for my next device.

Let the sheep be sheep. I don't worry about that world anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I like it, nice to see it - does anyone know how it's activated?
    Still have to double-click home button. I was so hoping the up gesture would be for that.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/10/2013 at 07:31 PM.
    kataran, ananimus and xandros9 like this.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    -Charles Caleb Colton
    renater and xandros9 like this.
    Flick off the screen close too? Still I would say that without stacks or mini-cards I would have to pass
    As I was reading the list of "new" things IOS7 can do I couldn't stop repeating: "webOS has done this for years" it is a pitty my Pre3 is no longer running!
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Flick off the screen close too? Still I would say that without stacks or mini-cards I would have to pass
    I would agree, but after losing Exchange access, I had to choose between two phones or the lesser of two evils. I welcome this. I'm still hoping for a Pre3 for Father's Day though.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/10/2013 at 07:32 PM.
    kataran likes this.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Not sure if I should cry or laugh.

Alteast they didnt say they invented card view:
    Apple Introducing iOS 7 - Official Video - YouTube

Even nicked the gesture to close cards, that fruit vendor ain't shy.

Btw, the card view is at 3min28s in case the direct link above wont take you there.
    Last edited by Andreas; 06/11/2013 at 03:12 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    hoping its as good as it sounds sadly thou

the card swipe is also extended to the Safari browser as well

apple boosting it will remember what time of day you use what cards and shuffle them for you or something like that
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I think it is great. It was what I miss every day from my Pre. Now I can have something similar on my iPhone. Letīs face it, we aren't getting any WebOS devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by vdroide View Post
    I think it is great. It was what I miss every day from my Pre. Now I can have something similar on my iPhone. Letīs face it, we aren't getting any WebOS devices.
    It doesn't itf it's Similar or not, but still just way too much copying of WebOS(instead of Apple try to innovate features themselves), and those fruity folks of Cupetino have tons of guts of saying that Samsung are the copy caters laughing out loud
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    More salt in the wounds - I miss my Pre! (Currently with Android).
    I'm annoyed and angry at Apple. You all know the reason. Whether this feeling is justified or not, who cares. Esp after they go around suing everyone. Thoughts like "I'm happy that someone is using the card interface" is all horse's arse.
    Palm did it first and this is too close to home for comfort. Way to innovate apple.
    Anyone else feel the same?
    Shadowhawk and shicky256 like this.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    This just shows you how innovative WebOS was. 4-5 years down the line, they still have other OS's trying to get the multitasking with cards down pat. Sorry android, ios, blackberry, and Windows phone 8. You just can't do it. WebOS is in a class of its own when it comes to multitasking. While I have moved onto a Blackberry Z10, I still pull out my Pre3 from time to time to reminisce and go swipe crazy. It puts a smile on my face every time, and makes me think about what WebOS could have been if the timing and money was right.
    Why is no one focusing on the real story here?

Congratulations to webOS-Ports!

I was expecting the Gnex, but to Jailbreak iphone5 and get webOS on it is a great achievement!

I, for one, welcome our new Apple overlords.
    Well all cars are pretty much the same. Someone invents and others copy if they can't do better.

That said it bothers me when these tech companies get up there and pretend it is their idea just by not saying it's not their idea.

Apple is a special case since they always busy sueing somebody over how icons look and slide to lock etc.

Now apple really has some balls. I can just see them busting their brains and finally saying f**k it, lets just copy webos. Nobody will ever know. After all only about five people ever heard of webos and who gonna sue us, it has no owner and even if it did they don't care
    Wait a minute,

...it'll have Preware, right?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast