Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Derek Kessler
  • 3 Post By Derek Kessler
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  1.    #1  
    Maybe they'll start an official thread, but just wanted to say I'm pretty stoked about TM13. The old Smartphone Round Robin was pretty fantastic, and wondered when they'd do it again. Felt pretty smug during the last one I remember (2010?). Interested in seeing what the other OSes had that the young webOS didn't, but still glowing and cozy having moved from WinMo to the webOS I had waited for without ever knowing I did.

So yeah! Can't wait to hear about how the experiences have changed across "the big four" from perspective of other platforms, even if webOS is the man behind. Perhaps they'll even lure some webOS loyal away. *looks about suspiciously*

Will the webOS Nation have a way to chime in, still raving about webOS features we wish would start being integrated? Because I for one am a little surprised Duarte's special sauce only seemed to make a dent with ICS/JB, to only partial effect. The BB10 GUI and WP8 contacts seem to have borrowed more.
    I've got a feeling that any user input into the discussion will take place via Twitter...

There is a new TM13 focus at http://forums.mobilenations.com/ and rumor is that the first topic (of 10) will be "Mobile Gaming."
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I've got a feeling that any user input into the discussion will take place via Twitter...

There is a new TM13 focus at http://forums.mobilenations.com/ and rumor is that the first topic (of 10) will be "Mobile Gaming."
    I've got a feeling we might be building a new cross-site commenting tool.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    ananimus likes this.
    should be some interesting android vs fruit flamewar comments to enjoy then.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    should be some interesting android vs fruit flamewar comments to enjoy then.
    Yeah, we're trying with Talk Mobile to elevate the conversation beyond that. Talk Mobile was born from the old Smartphone Round Robin, but it's more a discussion of the greater concepts around mobile computing and how it impacts our lives than how Windows Phone is better than BlackBerry or iPhone is better than Android.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Choorp, RumoredNow and ananimus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Yeah, we're trying with Talk Mobile to elevate the conversation beyond that. Talk Mobile was born from the old Smartphone Round Robin, but it's more a discussion of the greater concepts around mobile computing and how it impacts our lives than how Windows Phone is better than BlackBerry or iPhone is better than Android.
    Good luck with achieving that ;-)

-- Rod
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/03/2013 at 03:01 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ananimus likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Good luck with achieving that ;-)

-- Rod
    No doubt! If MN has found some new antifanboy filter, get a patent on it asap. Till then... *makes some popcorn*
    Just got the email... Talk Mobile is Live!!!

Revealing Talk Mobile 2013
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    ananimus likes this.
  9.    #9  
    YAY! Although I immediately notice something and have a bone to pick with TM13. To be fair, this is with current blogs everywhere and in general. There's this tendency to try and pull out key points by making a copy, verbatim, and putting those words that have already been said into giant eye-catching standouts.

WORDS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SAID

This drives me absolutely insane. If you're actually reading the article these explosive sentence fragments do nothing but to knock the narrative unfolding in your brain back about ten seconds. I suppose we're expected to learn a new way of parsing, putting a filter on our brains to ignore the redundancy? I understand it may partly be for those who fall victim to TL;DR, but in that case this technique becomes a lazy replacement for creating graphic content. That space could be illustrating the words instead of just dumbly filling space by being a blown up photocopy. People who can't read articles might like the pictures even better. After all, pictures aren't the words they're so afraid of!

A LAZY REPLACEMENT FOR GRAPHIC CONTENT

It reminds me of tag clouds. Remember how awesome tag clouds were?

AS AWESOME AS TAG CLOUDS
    RumoredNow likes this.