Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By kevets
  1.    #1  
    They just forgot to put WebOS on it... it seems to be running some other "fruit-based" operating system.

Hands-on with the BlackBerry Q5 | CrackBerry.com

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFTAePIwdk[/YT]

I think it looks pretty slick for a low-cost smartphone option. Pretty decent replacement for the Curve I'd say, for the portrait keyboard lovers.
    Last edited by kevets; 05/14/2013 at 12:46 PM.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Uh yup...

Smart move. The Z10 and Q10 are getting hype and notice. But everyone is noticing the price as well.

A budget model is needed in the lineup and it looks pretty good for BB Jr...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Man I heard him say 2100 mAh battery which is not too shabby for a budget phone. Non removeable but I guess you can't have it all. Also interesting is that they went to an LCD on this rather than the OLED screen like on the Q10, which had been getting some rough reviews on the screen I guess.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    More like a fleet model. Expect corporate will deploy these as the mass volume and the Q10 for executives.
    IMHO the Blackberry Q5 looks more like a HTC ChaCha than the Pixi.

6.    #6  
    The cha cha is ugly as sin... I think the Q5 looks like a nice candy bar phone and especially in black resembles an overweight pixi.

Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    The cha cha is ugly as sin... I think the Q5 looks like a nice candy bar phone and especially in black resembles an overweight pixi.
    I think the Q5 looks as ugly as the ChaCha (yes, I hated the ChaCha from the moment it hit the market because of Its ugliness). Though the black is a bit nicer than the all-white ChaCha but still, it looks too much alike so I think it's ugly. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course
    should wait to see a price.
    I'm thinking 3-4 hundred
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    I'm thinking 3-4 hundred
    In that case this thing is gonna blow. Most people, especially in my country, use BB because their easy to type on and they're cheap. If they now announce a cheaper Q5 that looks as cheap as the cheap HTC ChaCha but gonna sell it for 3-4 hundred then I'm not convinced this thing is gonna be a success.