Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    ...if only I could get inductive charging added to this thing it would be a great webOS replacement.

BlackBerry Q10 Review | CrackBerry.com
    Well that's nothing an Xacto knife and some duct tape won't fix.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Well actually..... Hmmm call mr whitby to help lol
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    AAHAHHhahahha! Love his reaction to the amazing new "Instant Actions."

Really though, this video has great mojo. That hardware is right up my alley for the same reasons. Nice screen for browsing, keyboard for messaging. Solid all around. Maybe I'll enjoy my Pre 3 a while longer to let BB10 mature, but the Q10 may be just be my next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Well, the MAh is half the truth. You can't compare the Q10 to the Note or even the Galaxy. A good comparison would be the Pre2.
    We are talking both about huge differences in screen size (which is a major battery consumption culprit) and of course differences in the OSes (and the specs behind them).
    The Z10 for example has a mediocre battery life. The Q10 under normal circumstances must have excellent battery life. It's one of its advantages. If only they would not be insane and price it at a more normal level...
    That's why I said: "maybe it's big for the form factor". And apperantly that is.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Yeah that screen size should make it last a nice long while. Z10 is 99 on Amazon Wireless with new 2 year contract. Don't think Q10 will come out below 199.99 and maybe 99 on Amazon, with the R10 rumors unfortunately they have to leave themselves some room to price that at say 99 from carrier like the Veer at launch.
    Well I'm in Europe where things are a bit different. I'm used to buying the devices unlocked and the Z10 for example is priced at more than 500 right now, which I find a bit expensive compared to good Android or WP phones. Not extremely expensive, but making you think twice for investing in an endangered ecosystem.
    The Q10 I think is around >600 which for me is a huge price for such a small phone. I know that BB has the Z10 as the phone that could lure people from other companies and Q10 as the phone for the die-hard BBers, but still I find it extremely expensive.
    I would buy the Q10 at once if it was at the same price I paid for my Pre2 a couple of years ago or even if it was at Pre3 prices. But at a price higher than a Galaxy 3 and a Note II, I think not.
    paccoli likes this.
    @Loiter: Z10 for 500? You're in luck, actually. Here in The Netherlands it's still around 600 euros.
    Holy sweet , this thing is expensive! I do bring-your-own at this point, and the Q10 is going for $700-$900!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @Loiter: Z10 for 500? You're in luck, actually. Here in The Netherlands it's still around 600 euros.
    Really?
    Maybe BB is popular in the Netherlands so the price didn't drop as elsewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Really?
    Maybe BB is popular in the Netherlands so the price didn't drop as elsewhere?
    BB devices are very popular here, but the Z10 isn't very popular yet.
    You can buy Z10 online for around EUR 500,- see blackberry z10 | Geizhals EU

Mostly from Germany, but OK since there's not QWERTZ keyboard
    But are you a business user? Because so far I hear everyone about the new Z10 and Q10 that it's only useful for business users and that their target is business.
    Vistaus,
    The Touchpad is an excellent (and very under-rated) business tool - so migration to BB10 will have to be my reluctant next step - unless things turn around.

But even in its' "relic" state, the Touchpad (with webOS 3.05), more then keeps up to what I need. Emails (via synergy) all come together very nicely. Notifications (while I'm doing whatever) really help. And with Google Calendar - along with a few specific apps & core parts to the program - I have all I need in my field (the Service Industry), to give me what I must have. Could care less about the camera. I'd like to move to the LunaCE version, but can't risk that chance at this time. If a clean Open webOS can be loaded onto an Android tablet (in the future), I would be all on that.

As to other systems, I've worked an ipad, and an Android unit, and yes ... they run quicker, and yes, they have more apps. But webOS - and why I love this Operating system - still outshines them (in my situation). Crazy Birds can disappear for all I care, although I did have some fun with CB until I "lost" the free program.

As for other opinions, whenever people see me on my Touchpad, the responses are generally positive. Plus it's always fun to run into someone who still runs on a Pre (like moi). One of those was a girl who doesn't know anything about webOS nation (or related groups), yet swears by her Pre. Her hubby even stated that she was fanatical about her little phone.

Gushing aside, the Browser still remains a real concern for me, and as such, I really appreciate your efforts in that regard.

renater likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You can buy Z10 online for around EUR 500,- see blackberry z10 | Geizhals EU

Mostly from Germany, but OK since there's not QWERTZ keyboard
    I know, but I was talking about the prices in our own country. Most Dutch people will most likely get their devices from within a store or Dutch webshop

@Lansing: I wasn't talking about the Touchpad being a business tool but I could see it being used in businesses. Also, LunaCE isn't going to affect your Touchpad negatively so you can be assured that it works right.
    @Lansing: I wasn't talking about the Touchpad being a business tool but I could see it being used in businesses. Also, LunaCE isn't going to affect your Touchpad negatively so you can be assured that it works right.
    In respect to the Touchpad (and this thread), I was trying to make a correlation as to why I (and others), might take the next step to a Blackberry. With a little bit of homerism thrown in .... Canadian .. eh?

As for LuncaCE, I guess I have to make the jump at sometime. Still concerned, but will have to get over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansing2002 View Post
    In respect to the Touchpad (and this thread), I was trying to make a correlation as to why I (and others), might take the next step to a Blackberry. With a little bit of homerism thrown in .... Canadian .. eh?

As for LuncaCE, I guess I have to make the jump at sometime. Still concerned, but will have to get over that.

It's no firmware, no rom or whatsoever, just basically an "app" from Preware When it doesn't work you can always revert back to stock "luna"

The 4.9.5 beta is nice, but I've been running 4.9.10 alpha and it's fine too.

There's also a 4.9.12 binary out there on the GitHub (however still labeled as 4.9.10 when you install it for whatever reason). This one never got released, but it's supposed to fix some minor issues with 4.9.10, however since it's a binary and no release notes I couldn't tell you what that would be....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It's no firmware, no rom or whatsoever, just basically an "app" from Preware When it doesn't work you can always revert back to stock "luna"

The 4.9.5 beta is nice, but I've been running 4.9.10 alpha and it's fine too.

There's also a 4.9.12 binary out there on the GitHub (however still labeled as 4.9.10 when you install it for whatever reason). This one never got released, but it's supposed to fix some minor issues with 4.9.10, however since it's a binary and no release notes I couldn't tell you what that would be....
    Just look at the corresponding tag in the git hub source repo.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I know, but I was talking about the prices in our own country. Most Dutch people will most likely get their devices from within a store or Dutch webshop

I think there is also still a difference in GST or VAT, so the actual tax you need to pay. Germany would have 19% and I am not sure about our orange friends, but even with 3% added, its certainly not worth 100€ :-)
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Holy sweet , this thing is expensive! I do bring-your-own at this point, and the Q10 is going for $700-$900!
    Well it's not released in the US yet, Canadian versions are being sold in NYC for $1000+ currently. Hoping after US release or by the end of summer we see a price drop. I think come July we are switching to bring your own on ST as well.
    ananimus likes this.
    I'm currently testing out the Z10 for my company to see if we will move in that direction, I really like using it and yea its definitely has a webOS vibe too it, and after reading some of the features of the Q10 quick actions for one, i think im sold,

Come on Sprint cant wait to play with it, considering ive been using the Z10 for a while now, muscle memory for gestures is back and im again trying to swipe up on my Galaxy Nexus and even sometimes when i try closing apps on the Z10, cant swipe to close like on the Playbook or webOS, have to remember to hit the little X to close, but swipe up to minimize is right on the money in regards to webOS.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Annnnnd for those interested, the Q5 (The Artist Formerly Known as R10) has been announced and demoed: Hands-on with the BlackBerry Q5 | CrackBerry.com

What's this now? First being released precisely no where in North America? !

Big ups to BlackBerry though with BB10 on the hardware choices. They have the touch slab, the premium BB keyboard phone, and now a distinctly economical but respectable classic BB device. Much better than Nokia's doing in terms of a simple and diverse product line.

Because seriously, Nokia... You have something like a dozen almost identical phones released in as many months. Maybe some of that's a limitation of WP8 (how do you stick a keyboard on that?), and I love the quality, but c'mon.
    @ananimus: Yeah, because BB is really original. Head over to the Q5 topic on here and watch my picture of the HTC ChaCha (which is a few years old device). It's a blunt of copy of that phone.

The Z10 I do really like, however. That's a nice design and good phone. Would like to have it but it's too expensive.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast