Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Exchange policies locking it out now? I didn't realize it was that bad now. You must have some security nazi Exchange admins there!
    Yep, all Palm devices have been blocked. From what I can tell it's a device block for anything named palm. I'd try to find a way around it, but corp security probably would frown on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you miss the recent threads saying the dropbox apps weren't working anymore? Don't know if it's affecting everybody, but I have seen a number of people reporting the same experience.

As for reporting which apps are needed/wanted.. there have been many "we need x app" list threads on here, that shouldn't be very hard to find. You are defending the app catalog a bit too enthusiastically (IMO - don't jump on me). The situation sucks if you "need" apps. Eh, it sucks anyway for me, because I can't use mine for work anymore. It really is bleak. I LOVE webOS, but I'm a realist. I'm not afraid to admit the shortcomings, and have done so since I jumped on board in 2009.
    Dunno what you're talking about, Dropboxify HD works fine.

And yes, I'm a realist too but I'm also trying to create a good situation. And those threads are bull****. Many of the posts are very old (like I already stated btw) and the recent posts are mostly apps that I can't legally port. So that leaves me questioning individually to people what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Dunno what you're talking about, Dropboxify HD works fine.
    In that case you should read this thread:
    Dropboxify not working anymore?
    It would appear it (as well as other apps with Dropbox functionality) will not work for new users or users whose credentials have been lost. I would not be listing it under apps we have anymore unless it gets fixed, which I doubt will happen.
    Thanks for digging the link up Matt so I didn't have to.

As far as on topic, Crackberry highlighted an app yesterday that allows for customizing of hub notifications in BB10, looks pretty cool, allows customization of the multi color flashing LED so different notifications flash different colors. Still not webOS notifications, but something that will help some folks transition.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Jelly Bean on the N4 has the blinking LED for Notifications...

AOKP ROM is letting me set up a different color for a different condition. (I.E.: Weather Notifications and Cell Broadcast = red, Missed Phone Call or Voicemail = green, SMS = yellow - whatever colors I want to set)

Me likey.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Wow. It's a summary of many posts from this forum over the last 2-3 years. Would have been interesting.
    Something else for the time machine when it's ready. Can we start a Kickstarter for a webOS time machine?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Something else for the time machine when it's ready. Can we start a Kickstarter for a webOS time machine?
    Only if it's a Delorian with a Mr. Fusion...

So is anyone in this thread seriously thinking about switching to the Q10 or the Zed?
    Just saw this for Matt and others still on Sprint....

Sprint gearing up to show off the BlackBerry Q10 at BlackBerry Live | CrackBerry.com
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Not for me. QNX seemed like such a blatant ripoff of webOS, I never warmed up to it (not to mention, I felt it wasn't better than webOS). Now with all the wait of BB10, gone is the card system we're fond of and now BB10 has this hub thingy, which is the multi-tasking switching hub.

I was reading The Verge's review of Q10 the other day. I read it b/c I'm a regular Verge reader but then I realized something... the I was utterly disinterested in the new BB hardware. I just have no interest at all. Then it hit me. The non-webOS users must feel the same way no matter how much we attest to and try to evangelize the greatness of webOS... bleh.
    I couldn't disagree with you more. I have my Pre 2 held tightly in my fist, but I hang out at Crackberry and like the new BB10 hardware and OS even though it may not be completely original from the point of view of some people at this forum. My Pre 2 is past EOL by most accounts. I am due for my upgrade now but since I have no urgency to switch, I can take all the time I want to get used to the features of the Z10 and upcoming Q10, not to mention waiting for the 10.1 update for Verizon. I need a reliable phone that can do email. My Pre 2 is nice but even though I have loaded a bunch of patches, it is painfully slow and lacks modern features, and oh, yeah, it lacks the manufacturer's support.
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    Still have my pre2. I use a prepay service, so subsidized phone upgrades are not a factor. If I am going to switch to something else it *would* be android or iphone. the new BB right now cost the same as they do. The big draw back to webos is their lack of app support as opposed to android and iphone. at this point BB doesn't seem to have that much more support as far as apps. Everything is IOS or android. Microsoft's deep pockets and preexisting foothold in corporate IT can't get them in, what's Blackberry going to do?

Yes, i know there are still devs out there for WebOS, but all the low hanging fruit is gone. I could write some junk apps with JavaScript, wrap them up with enyo and put them on the app catalog, but other than inflating some stats, it would be a waste of time. The devs that are needed are people like Netflix or Amazon, who have a service and take responsibility to maintain an app to give people access to that service. They are only going to write for IOS and android, and there's nothing we can do about that.

Yes, there are third party people who can take it upon themselves to write *some* of this stuff, but it's a moving target keeping up with changing APIs. Most people with the skills to keep up are looking for money, and webos doesn't have a lot of new users coming in who need to buy the apps and therefore pay the devs to keep up. Just the old diehards who already paid their dollar, and now expect free support and updates forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Only if it's a Delorian with a Mr. Fusion...

So is anyone in this thread seriously thinking about switching to the Q10 or the Zed?
    I'm seriously thinking of moving to the Z10 whenever it drops down to at least 400 euros (and I'm not gonna import it because that adds unnecessary extra costs). Unless by then a similar to the Z10-device has already launched for that same price (400). And no, keyboard is not an option for me. I love the keyboard of my Pre 3 but I have yet to come across a BB design that I like (I mean from their keyboard phones because the Z10 is a beauty).
    Thank you, but I already got into bed with Apple and have to stay there for at least 2 more months. I'm still unable to upgrade for another 18 months unless I buy something outright, which isn't going to happen, or trade. As for BB, it looks interesting, but I hate the thought of potentially getting involved in another OS that could fail not far down the road.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    LOL part of my excitement is due to coming up on my contract being up in July... so by the end of summer I hope to be buying something newer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    ....Still have my pre2. I use a prepay service...
    Slightly off-topic, but who do you use for your service?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Thank you, but I already got into bed with Apple and have to stay there for at least 2 more months. I'm still unable to upgrade for another 18 months unless I buy something outright, which isn't going to happen, or trade. As for BB, it looks interesting, but I hate the thought of potentially getting involved in another OS that could fail not far down the road.
    I understand your concern. While I can't predict every of BB's move (nor do I wanna sound like a fanboy because I don't even have a BB10 device lol) but one can't argue with the fact that BB *is* pushing OS10 out there in contrary to HP who thought they could get away with only some ads (Veer and TP) before deciding to kill it off. So I'm not sure *if* BB is gonna make it but at least they're seriously trying so chances are bigger that they hit the sweet spot in the market share than HP with webOS (before the Leo-demonizing).
    LOL part of my excitement is due to coming up on my contract being up in July... so by the end of summer I hope to be buying something newer.
    Well, not to put any fuel on your fire, the virtual keyboard of the Z10 is one of the main draws for me. Unlike the iPhone (which my company keeps peddling on me), the primary keyboard has all the punctuation I need to type quickly, avoiding the need to go to the pesky second and third alternate keyboard. I use question marks, periods, percentage signs, all the stuff my Pre 2 has on the keyboard. But it is wicked fast. The browser is fast and very tempting. Unlike most of the iPhone fanboys, I use my phone to ...wait for it.... make and receive calls, and secondly to send really long, serious emails. The Pre 2 has been great for that. We should be getting a Pre 5 by now, but I have to let it go. Seems the Z10 is at the top of my list for now.
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclingdaddy View Post
    Well, not to put any fuel on your fire, the virtual keyboard of the Z10 is one of the main draws for me. Unlike the iPhone (which my company keeps peddling on me), the primary keyboard has all the punctuation I need to type quickly, avoiding the need to go to the pesky second and third alternate keyboard. I use question marks, periods, percentage signs, all the stuff my Pre 2 has on the keyboard. But it is wicked fast. The browser is fast and very tempting. Unlike most of the iPhone fanboys, I use my phone to ...wait for it.... make and receive calls, and secondly to send really long, serious emails. The Pre 2 has been great for that. We should be getting a Pre 5 by now, but I have to let it go. Seems the Z10 is at the top of my list for now.
    Yeah I have heard A LOT of positive comments about the Z too. The Q is where it's at for me after a lot of reading and quite a bit of posting on CB. There is a good thread in the Q10 forums about comparing screen size on the Q and Z. I like the physical KB, KB shortcuts, and once they fix the KB speed dial on the Q I will have more than just my insanity about physical KBs to justify the Q over the Z. Other kicker is, having TouchPads if I am doing serious media consumption I will switch over to the TP and tether.
    Ide agree. Get the Q10 if you want something that is sort of simular to Webos
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast