Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    One of the main issues holding some webOS users back from embracing BB10 and RIM, is the fact that they are struggling. No one wants to swim from one sinking raft to another which is starting to take on significant volumes of water... If changing to BB10 means putting money into an OS that may not be here in two years, well they've already done that.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how Ubuntu Touch pans out. It's very gesture-centric and has a lot of nice features. I find that the overall feel when using it is one of immediacy. It feels like all functions are right there waiting, without a lot of wasted time/motion. It's very sleek and effective. The learning curve is not so steep and that helps get converts also. It has elements to the UI which I could say are like webOS, but the overall feel is very different... As it should be...

No OS wants to be compared too heavily with another anyway. They make sure they differentiate on purpose, both for marketing and legal reasons.

I'm sure there are many former webOS users now buying into BB10, but I highly doubt they would say it is a "natural extension" of the OS they left behind.
    Its the reason I went with iOS. It felt great to be in an ecosystem that was well supported. I still miss and adore WebOS though. But I guess any WebOS fan worth his salt would.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, so the answer from most you is no and for some yes.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Not for me. QNX seemed like such a blatant ripoff of webOS, I never warmed up to it (not to mention, I felt it wasn't better than webOS). Now with all the wait of BB10, gone is the card system we're fond of and now BB10 has this hub thingy, which is the multi-tasking switching hub.

I was reading The Verge's review of Q10 the other day. I read it b/c I'm a regular Verge reader but then I realized something... the I was utterly disinterested in the new BB hardware. I just have no interest at all. Then it hit me. The non-webOS users must feel the same way no matter how much we attest to and try to evangelize the greatness of webOS... bleh.
    QNX isnt a rip off of webos. May be the BB10 UI is. QNX is a RTOS and has long history way before webos. As far as being future proof is concerned i highly recommend to read the links below. I think they have mentioned webos also in there. not that this article is the bible but just to give a perspectice on QNX and BB10.

Appesque Why Appesque is investing in BlackBerry 10

History of QNX and its Implementation in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

thank you,
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderJJJ View Post
    If your deciding to leave webOS, then yes, BB10 will be more familiar to you than iOS, Android, or WP8.
    And yet another biased poster who just recommends BB10 without giving any reason. So far no one has told me yet what makes BB10 so webOS-like because I don't see it outside of the up gesture and the minimized apps a little bit and I did fiddle around with it a couple of times in store (yes, I love my Pre 3 but playing with phones in store that carry a totally new OS is fun ).
    Last edited by Vistaus; 05/02/2013 at 05:58 AM.
    There's nothing that is WebOS-like enough to really drive fans like us to it. Any one of "us" who has moved to a different platform has made compromises and most still yearn for a modern WebOS experience. I didn't go to BB10 because I thought it was like WebOS. I went to the Z10 because I thought the size of the phone was good, because I like the Hub and it's unified interface for all my accounts, and I bought it for the browser. The Hub, browser, and keyboard are all places where the Z10 really works well, and for me that was enough for me to give it a go.

Everyone is looking for WebOS on other devices, but the truth is no matter what fancy Android launchers or iPhone jailbreak-y things you do, it won't compare to what WebOS can be.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I will switch to the z10 as soon as it drops below 400€. To be honest I did come REALLY late to webos (bought my veer ~4 months after fire sale), BUT I really love this OS it is so much more convenient than iOS and Droid. The only real problem is starting to be App support, and the need of wanting something new.

I personally think that the HUB is like Synergy. The card count of 8 does not bother me really as I do not happen to have usually more than 3-4 cards open, plus I really like the swipe to unlock thingy they have, would love to have that in webOS. The only thing they should have done is swiping apps away to close them, I think even meego/maemo did have that though the swiping was to the left or right. Thats THE feature they should have copied aswell.

just my 2 cents
    veeru789 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by krushaaa View Post
    I will switch to the z10 as soon as it drops below 400€. To be honest I did come REALLY late to webos (bought my veer ~4 months after fire sale), BUT I really love this OS it is so much more convenient than iOS and Droid. The only real problem is starting to be App support, and the need of wanting something new.

just my 2 cents
    Ah, we have the "app support is not good enough" guy again. Sorry, don't take it personally, but I wish people like you would finally tell *which* apps they want support for. There are still developers left, including myself, tell us what you want.
    Remy X likes this.
    Why are you being so hard on the guy? The truth is there are a lot of catalog apps that are no longer supported.
    yellowhammer and cbosdell like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by veeru789 View Post
    Hi All,
    This is my first post here. I used to be a regular at Crackberry.com but now a days only go there to read Chris's posts on BBRY stock. The intention of this post is not to troll but just out of curiosity to see what webos fans think about BB10. Do you guys think that BB10 is a natural extention of webos and in future migrate to BB10 or prefer iOS/Android/WP8. what do you think
    So far, the Q10 is the only phone I have seen that makes me consider no longer daily using my Pre3. I reserve final judgment until I see more user reviews and get to physically use one. Everything I am seeing about the phone and BB10 looks pretty good to me and it is a viable option for how I use my phone.
    paccoli likes this.
    Actually I gave up trying to find satisfaction in some new device or OS.

I will just stock up on back up devices and spare parts and move on with my life. Only wish I knew how or had the talents to build my own apps and patches
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Actually I gave up trying to find satisfaction in some new device or OS.

I will just stock up on back up devices and spare parts and move on with my life. Only wish I knew how or had the talents to build my own apps and patches
    Just curious, have you checked out the Q10 review I posted a thread about today? It's a long freaking read, but I feel like I might be able to be happy with it. Not trying to push you at all, I'm still rocking my Pre3 and will be thru summer, unless someone I know hits the lottery and hooks me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Why are you being so hard on the guy? The truth is there are a lot of catalog apps that are no longer supported.
    Because there are some people on here including him always yapping on about 'no supported apps' and stuff but doesn't specifically say what apps he does need. Since there are developers left, including me, it can never hurt to name a few of those apps so that devs (like me) know what the people want (and yes, I know there's that thread but that's a long ******* read with a lot of old posts) and could consider making such an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just curious, have you checked out the Q10 review I posted a thread about today? It's a long freaking read, but I feel like I might be able to be happy with it. Not trying to push you at all, I'm still rocking my Pre3 and will be thru summer, unless someone I know hits the lottery and hooks me up.
    I'll check it out and even go to the store to play with it. To be honest I need a phone with at minimum stacks and touchstone and will settle for nothing less no matter how big and fast it is. Just don't care any more.

I'm satisfied with my phone, what I need is one of those new fangled convertible laptops with backlit keyboard, touch screen and don't set my #alls on fire.

By the way on the blackberry keyboard do you know if one can delete whole words at a time? Need that too
    I was wondering about the bb10 also.I'm still using my veer and want to hold on to it, but I'm really feening for an instagram app and you can apparently side load it onto the bb10. I want touchstone charging tho Sorta off topic:. There is a guy on ebay that does modified covers so that the Galaxy s3 can be used on a touchstone, does anyone know if this can be done with the galaxy s4 as well, and when you have the cover on, is the usb port still accessible? I thought I read the mod uses the usb port in some fashion.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I'll check it out and even go to the store to play with it. To be honest I need a phone with at minimum stacks and touchstone and will settle for nothing less no matter how big and fast it is. Just don't care any more.

I'm satisfied with my phone, what I need is one of those new fangled convertible laptops with backlit keyboard, touch screen and don't set my #alls on fire.

By the way on the blackberry keyboard do you know if one can delete whole words at a time? Need that too
    Not sure, I really just started digging in today, I do know they have some cursor control I've been reading about. Q10 not released in the US yet, so still waiting on more info. Lots of info, and lots of long time BB users learning to convert to what is a new OS and way different hardware, much like PalmOS to webOS for this crowd.
    veeru789 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I was wondering about the bb10 also.I'm still using my veer and want to hold on to it, but I'm really feening for an instagram app and you can apparently side load it onto the bb10. I want touchstone charging tho Sorta off topic:. There is a guy on ebay that does modified covers so that the Galaxy s3 can be used on a touchstone, does anyone know if this can be done with the galaxy s4 as well, and when you have the cover on, is the usb port still accessible? I thought I read the mod uses the usb port in some fashion.
    I am "researching" Q10 wireless charging with the NFC. No clue on the USB port on the S3 backs and haven't heard anything about the S4 inductive yet.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Im assuming you can delete whole words at a time. i used to do it on 9900 by holding the shift key,
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    @Sukiyaki: AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Instagram$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $on$ $the$ $Q10$ $because$ $of$ $the$ $screen$ $size$. $It$ $does$ $work$ $on$ $the$ $Z10$ $though$. $And$ $if$ $you$ $want$ $Instagram$ $but$ $not$ $take$ $pictures$ $with$ $it$ $then$ $you$ $can$ $do$ $that$ $on$ $webOS$ $with$ $Instagrio$.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    BB10 has some nice things, but it's still a new OS and has some problems.
    Moreover I find their devices (especially the Q10) extremely expensive. Too expensive for a niche OS.
    I'm sure the OS will be improved but with these prices it's a no go for me.

I don't like Apple and I find iPhone5 to be extremely ugly. I tried to like WP and both the Lumias and HTCs are nice devices, but the OS feels kind of a step back after having webOS.

Android has improved a lot and I really love the new HTC One. However it is huge and I dont know if I could get used to it. Maybe the smaller One (called M4) would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    ... And if you want Instagram but not take pictures with it then you can do that on webOS with Instagrio.
    That's like having an email client that is read-only, or a phone client that only accepts incoming calls. No offence to the dev that made it, but you're missing out on half the fun.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Sukiyaki likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast