View Poll Results: Which Mobile OS Do You Use Now?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • iOS

16 12.50%
  • Android

31 24.22%
  • Windows Phone

13 10.16%
  • BlackBerry 10

8 6.25%
  • Sticking with webOS

60 46.88%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have sadly put my Pre3's on the shelf and (sigh) went to iOS 6. I will jump to webOS again. If introduced in the future. (damnit)
    Still on my Pre 3!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    I confess. I really enjoy having phone no one else has
    IOS as well even though, I would buy a Gnex for OWOS. As a side note though, BB10 is something I'm drooling over at the moment ;-)
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    I'm actually still bouncing around
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Went to Android and got a GS4. I've had every webOS device that came out ever since the Pre Plus launch on AT&T. Just sold my two Pre3s and got this. I still have my Touchpad, and I still have a couple touchstones that I am going to use for wireless charging. I like this phone a lot but I miss the things Android just doesn't have, like how quickly I could find any app or contact on my phone with Just Type, and I miss the slider to answer and end calls. I miss the sliding mute switch, and free tether. And what made webOS as good as it was, the homebrew developers and this community. The android forums are clogged full or ppl fighting over HTC One vs GS4. I ask one simple question about my phone making an alert in my ear when I place a call and I get laughed at. But I like this phone. There's a lot that it does that I couldn't do before, but the most upsetting thing is that webOS could do all this stuff if it didn't get treated like a redheaded stepchild.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    MDsmartphone likes this.
    I went to WP8 using an HTC. I am really impressed with the hardware. I have no complaints.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Sadly, while I occasionally use my Touchpad to web browse or email, my iOS devices have so many more apps that I need.

But I still catch myself daily trying to flick them off the screen!

Oh, and I have to laugh hearing about new BB or Android phones being the "the first to do wireless charging"!
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    I held onto my Pre+ for as long as I could, hoping that eventually the Pre3 would officially come out and be on Verizon. When it turned out not to be true, I held out for the Pre3's on eBay to go down in price which never happened. I picked up a TouchPad, actually pre-ordered one at full price, and still use that daily for casual web browsing/email. When my Pre decided to not work very well in anymore I bought a iPhone 4, hated it within months and decided to at least wait till WP8 came out. Once it did, I immediately snatched up a HTC 8X.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Still sticking with webOS, but my Pre2 is starting to show its age and the HTC One looks delicious (although huge).
    I've got the HTC One as a work phone, but am running a Pre3 also. The differences between the two OS's is really quite surprising. Android has some fantastic hardware (like the One) and lots of apps, but the interface is truly clunky in comparison. Out of all the apps everyone brags about, just like webOS I find there are only less than 10 core apps that I need/use and the rest really offer nothing for me. Yes Android has multitasking, but it's truly not nearly as nice or smooth as webOS.

I love the new hardware of the One, but I'll always be using webOS and waiting for some new life!
    RumoredNow and ananimus like this.
    I maybe just tried to buy a for-repair Nokia E6 on eBay. *ashamed*

You know! For the love of the hardware!

Missed the auction, but s'all good. Might try the BB R10 given what some folks here are saying about the Q10. For now the Pre 3 continues to rock my socks as I experiment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Still sticking with webOS, but my Pre2 is starting to show its age and the HTC One looks delicious (although huge).
    I have always felt the Pre2 was the perfect size, yet, after using the HTC 8X for 6 months now, the size isn't that big of the deal to me. I have to admit, the larger screen is nicer when surfing the web.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/12/2013 at 08:54 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I moved to the Nokia N9. I guess I like platforms that are abandoned by their owners. The story for this one was even worse than for the Pre3: even before introduction it was already doomed.

But boy is that a beautiful device. Read this: Portable cathedrals which more or less sums it up.
    Last edited by ridmaur; 05/13/2013 at 10:50 AM.
    ananimus likes this.
    I moved to android. Bounced around a few of their devices before finally settling on the razr MAXX. Coming from the pre plus and pre2, to have a battery that lasts days on a single charge in as thin of a form factor as my phone, I am just amazed. I used to carry multiple pre spare batteries and even have a 2600 Seido battery, but that thing was chunky. Anyone remember the 3800 battery and how chunky that thing was? My razr MAXX has a 3300 battery and is ridiculously thin.

Here in lays the advantage to android...the hardware. What we've always lagged behind with webOS. Yes android has some great features, but nothing that webOS couldn't get if work continued with it and better resources were available to palm and hp.

I like the way webOS handles email and calender better. I like how quick it is to navigate the device, find a contact, switch btwn apps, swipe things away, and just type. And the touchstone, and exhibition mode... Just a marvelous piece of hardware that still hasn't been emulated properly on android.

For android, my email is all over the place in different apps (I use Hotmail, Gmail, and ymail) and each email app is different. Though navigating the UI is very good and customizable, it still is missing something that webOS has that I can't point a finger to. And there is always this occasional lag that is supremely annoying especially in a device with this much juice in its hardware.

That being said, the browsers are much better on android making browsing the mobile Web more enjoyable. The selection of apps obviously is better... Having a banking app and Starbucks and dunkin donuts app for example. If I only used Gmail then the Gmail app is terrific. Having a functioning navigation and maps app is great (damn verizon always crippled my pre devices' navigation).

I would choose webOS all over again if work resumed on it and there was some real hardware. But alas that dream is dead now.

So here i am, on android... But not attached to it in any way whatsoever. If a better iPhone comes out or a better looking blackberry with a nice keyboard screen combo I would consider those as well.

I didn't leave webOS. WebOS left me

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    I maybe just tried to buy a for-repair Nokia E6 on eBay. *ashamed*

You know! For the love of the hardware!

Missed the auction, but s'all good. Might try the BB R10 given what some folks here are saying about the Q10. For now the Pre 3 continues to rock my socks as I experiment...
    I tried some Symbian. I really lusted after the E7-00 for awhile. That is one beautiful device:

But, even used, it fetches a lot of $$$ for something known to be discontinued hardware and software wise. Especially if you want one in the rarer colors (silver and black are most available). I'm over it for now... But might try and hunt one up again if I can sell off some of my surplus phones.

I got my hands on a BNIB E5-00. A bargain messenger in the E6 style, but topped off at series 60/non-touch on the OS. I think Symbian is akin to BB in that there are lots of layers, lots of options, lots of setup... Once done it's powerful and flexible. You just have to have patience to find the sweet spot. A pretty steep learning curve. I will say this - the free for life Navigation that comes with every Nokia Symbian phone is top shelf and works great.

Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I have always felt the Pre2 was the perfect size, yet, after using the HTC 8X for 6 months now, the size isn't that big of the deal to me. I have to admit, the larger screen is nicer when surfing the web.

I've been using the Nexus 4 for a about 6 weeks now. Coming from using a Veer as my daily, the 4.7" screen seemed HUGE at first. Now I don't even think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ridmaur View Post
    I moved to the Nokia N9. I guess I like platforms that are abandoned by their owners. The story for this one was even worse than for the Pre3: even before introduction it was already doomed.

But boy is that a beautiful device. Read this: Portable cathedrals which more or less sums it up.
    LOL... see my comments above about the E7. If someone would donate one I'd be happy to drive it.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I confess. I really enjoy having phone no one else has
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I tried some Symbian. I really lusted after the E7-00 for awhile. That is one beautiful device:

Click to view quoted image

But, even used, it fetches a lot of $$$ for something known to be discontinued hardware and software wise. Especially if you want one in the rarer colors (silver and black are most available). I'm over it for now... But might try and hunt one up again if I can sell off some of my surplus phones.

I got my hands on a BNIB E5-00. A bargain messenger in the E6 style, but topped off at series 60/non-touch on the OS. I think Symbian is akin to BB in that there are lots of layers, lots of options, lots of setup... Once done it's powerful and flexible. You just have to have patience to find the sweet spot. A pretty steep learning curve. I will say this - the free for life Navigation that comes with every Nokia Symbian phone is top shelf and works great.

I've been using the Nexus 4 for a about 6 weeks now. Coming from using a Veer as my daily, the 4.7" screen seemed HUGE at first. Now I don't even think twice about it.

LOL... see my comments above about the E7. If someone would donate one I'd be happy to drive it.
    I've got a blue E7. The keyboard is second to none. It seems so much more clunky than web0S but I've used Symbian for even longer than I've used webOS. Hoping to move to an N9 now that the price is nice or maybe get the Jolla phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
    I've got a blue E7...

I'm sure from my E5 time it won't be smooth handling and adroit at shifting gears... But it's just so dang schmexy. Blue would be very nice and probably what I'd get. I've never seen a green one for offer.

Is it physically just a tank? I mean the build quality is supposed to be top notch and choice of materials without equal. Anodized aluminum case for crying out loud!!! I imagine it must feel so solid and confidence inspiring...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've got the HTC One as a work phone, but am running a Pre3 also. The differences between the two OS's is really quite surprising. Android has some fantastic hardware (like the One) and lots of apps, but the interface is truly clunky in comparison. Out of all the apps everyone brags about, just like webOS I find there are only less than 10 core apps that I need/use and the rest really offer nothing for me. Yes Android has multitasking, but it's truly not nearly as nice or smooth as webOS.

I love the new hardware of the One, but I'll always be using webOS and waiting for some new life!
    If you're feeling home sick for WebOS, you can get themes to make it look like it. You can also change the multi taking screen into the "cards". There's even an app for the quick launch bar.

Or you could buy an old GNex and install open WebOS on it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast