View Poll Results: Which Mobile OS Do You Use Now?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • iOS

16 12.50%
  • Android

31 24.22%
  • Windows Phone

13 10.16%
  • BlackBerry 10

8 6.25%
  • Sticking with webOS

60 46.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderJJJ View Post
    I use to be a big webOS fan. I had the Pre Plus, the Pre 2, the Veer, HP Touchpad 16, 32, and 64GB white model, and two Pre3's.

But eventually I had decided it was time to leave.

I then went to Windows Phone in December of 2011. Didn't want to go to iOS or Android. Have had the Focus Flash, Lumia 900, and Lumia 920. When I heard of BlackBerry 10 and saw how much it reminded me of webOS, I just had to move.
    So I now have a BlackBerry Z10 and am loving it. Reminds me of my Pre's.
    So what mobile OS are you using now (or would you use) after webOS?
    Really, you like Z10? I am glad to read this.

I have been thinking along exactly the same lines as you do. Did not want to get an Android phone (hated a Galaxy Tab & sent it back) and am too snobbish for iOS. I have been planning on getting a Win phone (Lumia 920), but then found out about lack of support of POP3 accounts. Kiss of death.

Now I am fairly convinced that I should go with Z10. I actually have been bidding on one on eBay to try it out, but backed off last night. Maybe I shouldn't have.

On your Z10, how is the mail setup? Easy with POP3? Does the setup give you an option of a Reply-To setting? (i.e., having the replies to your messages go to an account different than the phone; that is very important to me).

Do Google Maps work with the browser? That is my only complaint regarding WebOS: some travel pages on the Web have automatic mapping via Google and those do not render well with either the original browser or with the MaKleSoft's Advanced one.

Thanks in advance for any info. Regards, Robert.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    iOS6 on iP5 just plain works. Tools and gadgets. But my Pre3 was a lot more fun to use. Shame it was killed (for me) by the lack of major medical apps.
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Really, you like Z10? I am glad to read this.

I have been thinking along exactly the same lines as you do. Did not want to get an Android phone (hated a Galaxy Tab & sent it back) and am too snobbish for iOS. I have been planning on getting a Win phone (Lumia 920), but then found out about lack of support of POP3 accounts. Kiss of death.

Now I am fairly convinced that I should go with Z10. I actually have been bidding on one on eBay to try it out, but backed off last night. Maybe I shouldn't have.

On your Z10, how is the mail setup? Easy with POP3? Does the setup give you an option of a Reply-To setting? (i.e., having the replies to your messages go to an account different than the phone; that is very important to me).

Do Google Maps work with the browser? That is my only complaint regarding WebOS: some travel pages on the Web have automatic mapping via Google and those do not render well with either the original browser or with the MaKleSoft's Advanced one.

Thanks in advance for any info. Regards, Robert.
    Browser is actually one of the best I've used. Scores higher than anything else smartphone or desktop on the HTML5 test and owns ringmark as well. Google maps works very well in browser. Video works like a champ and LTE... well, it's Damn fast.

Hub is good. Centralized messaging is nice. I can't speak for POP email but I'm sure you'll be alright there.

Only downside right now is its still very early on as far as updates and the BB10 ecosystem. That shouldn't scare anyone too much who is used to webOS though. Should be exciting to see how this year goes with the Q10 coming and BlackBerry 10.1 around the corner.

If you couldn't tell... Posted from my Z10.

Oh yeah, and it's not an android or apple. I like having something a little different.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    AlexanderJJJ and paccoli like this.
    I am sticking with webos. Have a pre3 and Veer that are used daily and my touchpad is in constant use. Have not yet felt the need to look at any other device / OS.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    After my Pre 3 began to suffer from relentless reboots when using 3G (on Telstra), I decided that the time was right to switch. At the time it was between windows phone, a Porsche Design Blackberry and an iPhone 5. I eventually went for the iPhone. While it felt relatively fresh at first (I hadn't used many iOS devices prior), the OS has become a little dull with use. Surprisingly however, my favourite thing about having an iPhone are the endless array of cases available which means I can pop on a new case when I feel like it is time for a change. I still carry a veer along with me where ever I go however even if it is technically it is of little use.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Temporary move to Android (SGS3) to preserve my Pre3. Still use my Touchpad daily, y'all.

NOT impressed with the SGS3 and Android.

Will be getting a GNex and N7 to port OpenWOS soon(ish).
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Browser is actually one of the best I've used. Scores higher than anything else smartphone or desktop on the HTML5 test and owns ringmark as well. Google maps works very well in browser. Video works like a champ and LTE... well, it's Damn fast.

Hub is good. Centralized messaging is nice. I can't speak for POP email but I'm sure you'll be alright there.

Only downside right now is its still very early on as far as updates and the BB10 ecosystem. That shouldn't scare anyone too much who is used to webOS though. Should be exciting to see how this year goes with the Q10 coming and BlackBerry 10.1 around the corner.

If you couldn't tell... Posted from my Z10.

Oh yeah, and it's not an android or apple. I like having something a little different.
    It scares me away - I don't want to live through that nightmare again. I'm keeping an eye on them, but from afar.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/26/2013 at 01:37 PM.
    I had to switch carriers... Straight Talk really grated my cheese.

Looking around, it seems T-Mobile is going to give me the best balance between service, what you get and $ spent.

So... I'm not in a refarmed area, I need that 1700 MHz band or why bother? I had a Galaxy Nexus I was using to experiment with Ubuntu Touch and it has the right bands to yield H+ on T-Mo.

I flashed the unadulterated Google version of Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on the GNex and started using it on ST while I got ready to move over to T-Mo... I have to say the Nexus version of Android is nowhere near as annoying as the bloated OEM/Carrier skinned versions. It's fairly usable even. I made a strategic decision and got a T-Mo micro SIM with an adaptor and I ordered a Nexus 4.

So now I'm on Android with stock Google via a Nexus 4.

But I'm just waiting. It's a holding place.

I'm waiting for Ubuntu Touch to develop enough to be a daily driver, then I'll run that on the Galaxy Nexus. I think UT shows a lot of promise. If it takes off I can flash it to the Nexus 4.

I'm also waiting for Open webOS to port successfully to the Galaxy Nexus. I'd switch to that in a heartbeat.

Of course, if LG wants to release a ROM of webOS to the Nexus 4... That would be awesome. My favorite OS on hardware worthy of it.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    (Sigh) I still have all my webos devices, but have adopted an iPhone 5 64GB from Sprint. dammit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I Ebay'd most of my WebOS gear while there was still a market for it; made enough off it to switch to iOS and an iPhone 5. It's good enough - form factor is good and it's stable as they come, so all in all, worked out well.

Hated to see WebOS go, but hey... life is all about change. Once you get through it, it's not so bad. After all - it's just a phone.
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    I need a multi-check option in that poll...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I will be purchasing a GS4, because my Sprint Palm Pre is starting to turn off randomly. I will still use my Pre to test preware patches, by loading the preware patch that lets me turn off the antenna and run on wifi only. I also still have my 2 HP TouchPads that I still use.

I will miss multitasking, ease of adding calendars, and the keyboard.

Maybe someday someone will realize what a functional OS webOS was and improve the already unique functionality, and add sturdier hardware

LONG LIVE webOS!!!!!
    I've actually gone in reverse. I can't wrap my head around Android except the T-Mo Sensation. Nice phone but it's still Android. I have an iPhone for work, meh. Loved my webOS phones but I need a real keyboard for my large fingers. That brought me full circle to Palm OS. As hard as I try to get away, the one handed ease and the ability to sync with my Windows computer at work and my Mac at home is too irresistible. I'll be with my Treo until....let's see what happens this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by gihmley View Post
    I Ebay'd most of my WebOS gear while there was still a market for it; made enough off it to switch to iOS and an iPhone 5. It's good enough - form factor is good and it's stable as they come, so all in all, worked out well.

Hated to see WebOS go, but hey... life is all about change. Once you get through it, it's not so bad. After all - it's just a phone.
    Where is the dislike button lol.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    I am sticking with webos. Have a pre3 and Veer that are used daily and my touchpad is in constant use. Have not yet felt the need to look at any other device / OS.
    Same here.
    purplepansy likes this.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Although I had promised myself to stick to webOS as long as my Pre+ and the Pre3 last I have now decided to see if I can safe up for the BB Q10. Like others said before it seems to fill the gap that Leo had cracked open best, although not entirely. It just makes me sad every time I look at my Pre3 or the Touchpad how they are sitting on their touchstones, and to know that there will be no more, and that they could have been so much better than others....
    If Anyone is interested in my TP with keyboard, Touchstone and HP case please feel free to contact me. Same counts for the Pre3 (with german Qwertz keypad)
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    When my FrankenPre2 started cutting off the phone and data antennas whenever I opened/shut the KB, I realized it was time to move on. My timing was just right - Sprint just got the HTC One, so I got the black one. My first exposure to Android, and my worst fears of losing webOS functionality were NOT realized. So, this One runs Jelly Bean (4.1.?) and it's not too bad. Steep learning curve the first weekend, but LOTS of functionality, speed, and smoothness.

Also, I gotta say the Beats audio sounds really good!

End of an era, after standing in line back in June, 2009.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    After YEARS of beeing faithful to Palm I finally switched to IOS and a Iphone5. First I was very sceptical, but now I have to say I'm perfectly satisfied. But I also must say that I still use my Touchpad on a daily basis. The only thing that I really miss is the touchstone from my former Pre3 - would LOVE to charge my Iphone with it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    If only my Pre3 were a bit faster, particularly with boot times.
    I agree that the boot time is too damn long, but I hardly ever notice because I hardly ever boot it.

With a Touchstone at home and at the office it's almost never out of juice.

What reason is there to boot it often enough to make the boot time a relevant factor?

The only thing I really miss on my Pre3 is browser updates. It's still OK - but with every month it's a little bit more out of date and the number of sites causing issues is going up a bit.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    still using my pre2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast