Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kledanhoj View Post
    I still use my Pre3 on ATT. I still use my Touchpad daily, using it right now to post this. However, I'm at my wits end. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.
    I have tried both Android and Apple and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with an ice pick than use them as is, but there seem to be many ways to make them almost act like webOS.
    What's the least departure from webOS I can get?
    Blackberry Z10? A giant Samsung with some webOS infusion? Iphone sprinkled with webOS? Are any of the others worth a try? Or should I try one of the webOS ports?
    Arrrrrgggghhh. I'm frustrated. LG WTF?????
    I was using a Pre+ on Verizon & was patiently waiting for the Pre3 when it all hit the fan. Still using my Touchpad and hacked it with Cyanogenmod 10. My wife has a Pre2. When my contract came up for renewal I was still waiting for the Pre3 and the Pre+ slider was getting wobbly. E-bay prices on the Pre3 were absurd, So I broke down & went Android with an HTC Rezound. I miss WebOS on the phone, but I have to admit there are a few things I can do now that I couldn't do on WebOS (and I know I would be able to if it was still being developed) All in all, though, I miss the feel of the Pre in my hand, I miss the slide-out keyboard, and I'm really thinking there might be a Pre3 out there that I can pick up for a reasonable price.
  2.    #22  
    for all the replies.. Even the why bother ones.

I love my pre 3. Believe me, I would prefer to keep it. However, there is no movement, no improvements coming and virtually no expectations of any changes anytime soon.

In addition to the question, how long is long enough to wait for the Sun to rise on this platform? There are some features that I see on other phones that I'd like to take advantage of.
    Voice to Txt is a big one for me.
    better camera
    better video editing
    expandable memory
    and yes, bigger screen

I like the Android pattern screen unlocker, not a big driver but would be a cool patch if someone could do it.
    Then I'm not a big app consumer but the Netflix app would be nice and you don't really know what cool apps there are until you check out the bazillions on other platforms. Yes, most are trash but there are some useful ones that we can't even sniff with webOS.

I was hoping the PHX guys that want to make an Android UI overlay based on webOS may have released something, anything, soon. I'd pay damn good money for that.

I'm just in the, I'm tired of waiting, camp and I really can't afford to have multiple phones.

Sorry if my question sounds like so many before me.
    Bought my Pre opening Day in 2009, drove it into the ground hoping for the Pre3 then went ahead and got the Pre3 off Ebay after HP screwed us all.
    Meanwhile improvements come in leaps and bounds everywhere else but on my Pre3.
    Soo yeah, I'm wanting to jump ship and take my lumps. Seems like it has to happen at some point.

Now I'm just feeling sorry for myself.
    Well I asked why you wanted a new phone and you have stated why now, and it makes sense if there's something out there you can't get with your current phone.

Like me I am lusting over one of those dell XPS 12 convertable windows 8 device. Want backlit keyboard and tired of my so called laptop that's too hot for my lap. Can't afford it tho
    Now I'm just feeling sorry for myself.
    Ha, no worries mate. At the end of the day, they're just phones. Hope you enjoy whatever you use!
    ...I'm just in the, I'm tired of waiting, camp and I really can't afford to have multiple phones.

...Meanwhile improvements come in leaps and bounds everywhere else but on my Pre3.
    Soo yeah, I'm wanting to jump ship and take my lumps. Seems like it has to happen at some point...
    Why not look for a gently used Galaxy Nexus?

It would give you an upgrade on hardware right now and possible options later.

I'm enjoying the unadulterated Android on a Nexus much more than any OEM overlay version I ever used. Ubuntu Touch will be immediately ported to it when it reaches the state of daily driver. I rather liked the UI on Ubuntu Touch having tried out the developer preview for over a month. (http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...ntu-touch.html) And webOS Ports is still working on getting Open webOS going on that device. They haven't announced that all hope is lost there as of yet.

A Galaxy Nexus might be the best way to hedge your bets.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Why not look for a gently used Galaxy Nexus?

It would give you an upgrade on hardware right now and possible options later.

I'm enjoying the unadulterated Android on a Nexus much more than any OEM overlay version I ever used. Ubuntu Touch will be immediately ported to it when it reaches the state of daily driver. I rather liked the UI on Ubuntu Touch having tried out the developer preview for over a month. (http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...ntu-touch.html) And webOS Ports is still working on getting Open webOS going on that device. They haven't announced that all hope is lost there as of yet.

A Galaxy Nexus might be the best way to hedge your bets.

yea I'm hoping to snag a GNex as well, since the Nexus4 is currently too new to be in my price grade
    i saw a deal over at swappa, but there's no verification photo (a cool, low-tech anti-scam method, its in the faq) as of this posting
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  7.    #27  
    Not sure I can stick to it but what the hell. I'm picky. I want what I want and I have been waiting for someone else to do it for me.
    I'm going to take matters into my own hands and try learning Linux, Open webOS and Android myself.
    Maybe I can work on doing my own ports.

Should be a learning curve but at this point, what difference does it make?
    sadly its like leaving your childhood best friend for the popular kids on the block!

you find yourself posting in a new forum using your same webOS device and wondering why?
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I sold my Nexus 4 yesterday after 3 months of use. I am back to my Pre 2 and regret I sold my Pre3 6 months ago. My wife thinks I am a fool, well I am, and I am 45.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I still use my Pre3 on ATT. I still use my Touchpad daily, using it right now to post this. However, I'm at my wits end. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.
    I have tried both Android and Apple and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with an ice pick than use them as is, but there seem to be many ways to make them almost act like webOS.
    What's the least departure from webOS I can get?
    Blackberry Z10? A giant Samsung with some webOS infusion? Iphone sprinkled with webOS? Are any of the others worth a try? Or should I try one of the webOS ports?
    Arrrrrgggghhh. I'm frustrated. LG WTF?????
    Hi, no you are not, i use Touchpad daily, i have two new spares, if all fail what do i use?
    i bought playbook its cheap now, its the only tablet that i like as replacing Touchpad,
    as for phones if my pre 2 and three pre 3 all fail, i have Z10 not the same, Nokia N9 meego unique,
    and Android/Apple no way, just windows phone 8 left to try looks boring but if it does the basics ok,
    if only full touch screen webOS phone had arrived,
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Nice analogy. As one of the rare (1/1000) people that suffer from Cluster Headaches, I will most assuredly say that is a bit of an stretch. They feel exactly like that, except imagine they are red hot, and then they twist and turn, and then they go right through the back of your head, and no pain killer of any magnitude stops the pain (which is considered the most extreme pain a person can endure, hence the nickname suicide headaches), and they hit you like clockwork.

Just went through a cycle of them over the last 6 weeks (over 70 headaches), not fun by any means.

Anyway, I'm not looking for sympathy or anything of that nature I just found your "I'd rather..." a little on the humorous side.
    Damn!... For a while I was getting headaches frequently. The cluster headache description fits them perfectly, except, I am not sure about the pain... Put certainly the feeling of being prodded... And in specific locations in the temple and back of eye sockets... (right side, usually)

Anyway... back on topic...

For me... I am more stubborn!!! :P I still use my Pre3 as a driver. It has some frequent reboots. I think I am looking into a phone to replace it that will be able to run open webOS when we have that more mature. I do have a Galaxy Nexus, and use that on occasion. I am also thinking about a phone from BLU Products. They don't use Qualcomm, so there is always a chance.

Edit: But I really want a physical keyboard. The Pre3 form factor is perfect.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    That just goes to show you how much some of us love webOS. I figured something would have come to the table in another operating system that would just make me inherently jump ship.......just not the case yet.
    I'm with ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Ide say the Z10, but I loved my Pre 3 keyboard somI would even c onsider waiting for the Q10
    I will take a look at the Q10, but I worry about app availability with the small screen (just like with Veer and Pixi)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12