1.    #1  
    OMG! Has anyone seen this new phone!! Whoa!!

Check out these specs:
    -GSM/GPRS/UMTS phone with 384k data speeds
    -two built-in cameras!! Whoa!
    -two displays (176x220 pixels/65,536 colors & 101x80 pixels/4-level grey scale)
    -Java
    -long-range Bluetooth (up to 100m)
    -built-in USB
    -Sony Memory Stick Duo™ expansion
    -infrared
    -mp3 player
    -video conferencing!!
    -images at VGA resolution and video at QCIF resolution

the Z1010 provides users with extensive imaging, messaging and connectivity features. Optimised for video conferencing and video applications, it features two inbuilt cameras, two displays, video support and a host of other features
    Sony Ericcson 3GSM Congress page
    Infosync article

I assume that it comes with a permanent battery charger working all the time as it seems as if it will burn through charges very quickly. I wonder how big the market is going to be for a cell phone that will be used for video conferencing; one would have to use a headset at all times.

When I want a phone, I want a phone, not a camera, not an MP3 player, not a gaming device. I think the market is going to be very small, only those who need to have the "latest & greatest" of everything and have the $ as I think this is going to be quite expensive.
    Jonathan
    I think the phone is awesome. But it does not run the Palm OS. In addition, a lot of the features c annot be used in North America because the network is not that advanced yet.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Well as weve seen before,sony don't mess around
    remember way back when everyone yawnd when they 1st started making pdas?
    but yeah, why no pda in this one?
    maybe ver.2
  5.    #5  
    Well as weve seen before,sony don't mess around
    remember way back when everyone yawnd when they 1st started making pdas?
    but yeah, why no pda in this one?
    maybe ver.2
    You make a good point here. The oddest thing about the Z1010 is that Sony Ericsson didn't use Symbian OS for this phone? I dunno why not, the P800 is based on that OS. I can only speculate that they eventually will incorporate Symbian on the next version i suppose. Unfortunately, Sony partnership w/Ericsson precludes them from making a PalmOS smartphone... too bad IMO...