Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 141
Like Tree47Likes
  1. #121  
    Just curious, can anyone check html5test.com with UT to see what score you get?

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  2.    #122  
    Your Browser Scores 369 and 16 Bonus Points
    (out of a total of 500 points)

    You are using an unknown browser based on Webkit

    Parsing rules (+2) 10

    Canvas 20

    Video (+8) 21/30
    subtitle support marked as a no

    Audio (+6) 20

    Elements 29/35
    text-level semantic elements marked as a partial
    interactive elements marked as a partial

    Forms 85/115
    the following are all marked as No
    input type=datetime
    input type=date
    input type=month
    input type=week
    input type=time
    input type=datetime - local

    User Interaction 2/20
    drag and drop attributes marked as no
    drag and drop events marked as no
    html editing marked as no for elements, documents, APIs

    History and Navigation 10

    Microdata 0/15
    microdata marked as no

    Web Applications 15/20
    custom sheme and content handlers both marked no
    custom search providers marked as no

    Security 20

    Various 5/10
    scoped style element marked as no

    Location and Orientation 20

    WebGL 10/25
    3D context marked as no

    Communication 35

    Files 10

    Storage 15/25
    indexedDB marked as no

    Workers 15

    Local Multimedia 0/10
    access the webcam marked as no

    Notifications 10

    Other 10

    (Experimental) Audio 0/5
    web audio API marked as no

    (Experimental) Video and Animation 7/10
    pointer lock support marked as no


    By way of contrast:
    My Laptop is a Gateway NV53 -
    Using Chrome 30 on Windows 8.1 scored 463 and 13 Bonus Points.
    On a Nokia Lumia 925 -
    Using Mobile Internet Explorer 10.0 on Windows Phone 8 scored 320 and 6 Bonus Points.
    Using Nokia Xpress 1.8.0 on a Nokia Asha 311 running Series 40 scored 239 and 2 Bonus Points (the phone was misread)
    On a Nexus 7 -
    Using Opera 16.0 on Linux scored 443 and 11 Bonus Points (the OS was misread)
    Using xScope Browser Pro on an Asusu Nexus 7 running Android 4.3 scored 298 and 3 Bonus Points
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  3. #123  
    Thanks for posting! Firefox using ACL gives 411 + 10 bonus points. Opera 12.10 gives 391 + 12 bonus points, so ACL does bring quite some benefits to the TP browser wise!

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/27/2013 at 03:37 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4. #124  
    Havee you guys seen this?
    DroidViews | How To Triple Boot Nexus 4 On Android, Firefox OS & Ubuntu Touch
    I used MultiROM to dual boot my Nexus 4. :-)

    And now that I have both Android and Ubuntu Phone dual booting on my Nexus 4, the next question is should I go for a “menage a trois” and install Firefox OS too.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Parenti View Post
    Havee you guys seen this?
    DroidViews | How To Triple Boot Nexus 4 On Android, Firefox OS & Ubuntu Touch
    I used MultiROM to dual boot my Nexus 4. :-)

    And now that I have both Android and Ubuntu Phone dual booting on my Nexus 4, the next question is should I go for a “menage a trois” and install Firefox OS too.
    Could be interesting... Since you are already using multi-rom, why not give it a try? The only drawback would be the rapidly dwindling storage space on a non-expandable unit.

    I'm more of a purist I guess. 1 OS per device. I don't think I'd try triple booting.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Could be interesting... Since you are already using multi-rom, why not give it a try? The only drawback would be the rapidly dwindling storage space on a non-expandable unit.

    I'm more of a purist I guess. 1 OS per device. I don't think I'd try triple booting.
    Are you telling me you don't even dual boot your desktop computer? :-)

    And yes dividing the GBs across multiple platforms is the one down side.

    By the way I wasn't crazy, for some reason the Ubuntu Launcher does not work on my phone. :-(
    Didn't work when I flashed just Ubuntu, but then after I flashed back to android I thought maybe I didn't execute the gesture correctly. But now that I reinstalled Ubuntu with MultiROM Manager it still doesn't work right.
  7.    #127  
    I boot Ubuntu as a Virtual Box...

    But I've relented. I'm setting up for multi-rom now. I'm going to use Android 4.3 as a base because of the kernel needed. I really like franco.Kernel I'll give it a try and report back.

    I was also poking around XDA to see if there is a Sailfish port yet. No such luck. (Honestly, Sailfish interests me more than B2G FFOS.)
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #128  
    OK... I managed to get the 3x boot working under MultiRom.

    My N4 now boots to Google Factory Android Image 4.3, Ubuntu Touch Trusty Tahr Build (11-20-2013) or Firefox OS (11-06-2013).

    The directions on the link Mike_Parenti supplied are not quite correct, but I puzzled it out with some intuition and some Google-Fu.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
    ananimus likes this.
  9. #129  
    I read through some of that multi-rom info; I saw a number of references to open webos as a possibility of installing....

    I have an N4 that cannot get recognized for abd purposes for whatever reason...I think its hardware related actually. My 2nd N4 is recognized using same cable, pc setup etc. If I can get the new CM installer app to unlock and root the first N4 and install CM and CWM, then that first N4 is a candidate for triple boot action!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I read through some of that multi-rom info; I saw a number of references to open webos as a possibility of installing....
    Might be worth a shot on an N7 which MultiRom and OwOS Ports share in common.


    I have an N4 that cannot get recognized for abd purposes for whatever reason...I think its hardware related actually. My 2nd N4 is recognized using same cable, pc setup etc. If I can get the new CM installer app to unlock and root the first N4 and install CM and CWM, then that first N4 is a candidate for triple boot action!
    Sounds like you've gone past the bit where you authorize the computer under ADB.

    Try:
    Disconnect from USB
    Settings > Developer Options
    uncheck (de-select) "USB debugging"

    Then go down one line on that menu and tap on "Revoke USB debugging authorizations" and tap "OK" on the warning dialog box that pops up.

    Connect to USB and wait for the device to be recognized. Check (select) "USB debugging" and the "authorize this computer" toast notification pops up. Make sure to select "always" before assenting.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  11. #131  
    Hmmm...never seen that 'revoke' command...will look and report back
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Hmmm...never seen that 'revoke' command...will look and report back
    If that didn't do it you can try switching from MTP to Camera USB mode...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  13. #133  
    Anyone have suggestions for a kernel that is good for both Android and FirefoxOS on the Nexus 4. I'm running Beanstalk with it's deadicated kernel but other Android Roms & FirefoxOS are having some issues. As for Ubuntu, Trusty (68) has serious issues too. But now that they have commitments from phone manufacture(s), we should see things start to move a little quicker. Once again I must say I have enjoyed this thread. I hope it hasn't run it's coarse already. (But if it has I totally understand, Ubuntu phone has been a tad dissapionting.)
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Parenti View Post
    Anyone have suggestions for a kernel that is good for both Android and FirefoxOS on the Nexus 4. I'm running Beanstalk with it's deadicated kernel but other Android Roms & FirefoxOS are having some issues. As for Ubuntu, Trusty (68) has serious issues too. But now that they have commitments from phone manufacture(s), we should see things start to move a little quicker. Once again I must say I have enjoyed this thread. I hope it hasn't run it's coarse already. (But if it has I totally understand, Ubuntu phone has been a tad dissapionting.)
    I'm using franco.Kernel and it's working well for JB 4.3, UT Trusty builds and FFOS.

    Try stock Android 4.3 for N4 and if you have to customize it you can always run Xposed Framework...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  15. #135  
    Thanks RumoredNow. Franco has been the kernel I've been leaning twords so I think I'll give it a try. (I've been a little shy about switching things up in fear of having to wipe everything and start from scratch.) I'm assuming UT uses it's own custum Kernel and Android and FirefoxOS share the Android Kernel installed on my device. That's just my educated guess though. Anyway, I'm enjoying the freedom to try multuple Mobile Linux distros that the Nexus 4 has provided me. Android is the most functional obviously, but it's still fun exploring Ubuntu Phone & FirefoxOS. (I wish their was a way to run OpenWebOS too.)
    RumoredNow likes this.
  16.    #136  
    Following up on the community creation of multiboot possibilities utilizing Ubuntu Touch, Canonical has implemented an official Dual Boot solution that will run any of several Android flavors (> 4.2, but 4.4 requires additional work to get telephony integration) and UT on the same device with the ability to reboot into the other side from within each installed OS. It is also compatible with the latest Trusty builds.

    Officially supporting Nexus 4, it has proved to work on Galaxy Nexus as well (see XDA) and has place holders to integrate Nexus 5 in future.

    Here's the press release: Announcing Ubuntu and Android dual boot developer preview | Ubuntu Developer

    And the wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/DualBootInstallation

    Given the lackluster performance of Firefox OS (I really think of it as a feature phone OS) I might ditch multirom and switch over to this solution soon.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
    eKeith likes this.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Following up on the community creation of multiboot possibilities utilizing Ubuntu Touch, Canonical has implemented an official Dual Boot solution that will run any of several Android flavors (> 4.2, but 4.4 requires additional work to get telephony integration) and UT on the same device with the ability to reboot into the other side from within each installed OS. It is also compatible with the latest Trusty builds.

    Officially supporting Nexus 4, it has proved to work on Galaxy Nexus as well (see XDA) and has place holders to integrate Nexus 5 in future.

    Here's the press release: Announcing Ubuntu and Android dual boot developer preview | Ubuntu Developer

    And the wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/DualBootInstallation

    Given the lackluster performance of Firefox OS (I really think of it as a feature phone OS) I might ditch multirom and switch over to this solution soon.
    Don't forget a big plus to using Multi-Rom is the ability to easily install and try out multiple versions of the same OS. I have KitKat as my default OS, but there are times I've had 2 other Android Roms, FireFox OS, Saucy and Trusty all avialble to boot. I love MultiRom :-)
  18.    #138  
    I'm really not all that interested in Android for phone any longer. I like it on my tablet (Nexus 7 - 1st gen).I've said before it's a great media consumption platform and that's how I basically use it on the N7. I've liked the productivity on WinPho and the Nokia hardware of my Lumia 925...

    There has been some recent news on the Ubuntu Touch front:
    * The latest stable Trusty Build is getting some nice praise: Canonical Releases Great Update for Ubuntu Touch, Includes Haptic Feedback
    * And there will only be two devices supported moving forward, the Nexus 4 and the 2nd gen Nexus 7: Ubuntu Touch To Support Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 (2012) Dropped


    So...

    I've decided to flash the Trusty Build 121 to my N4 as the only OS and run it as my daily for awhile (maybe about a week) as it seems we are getting very close to prime-time. No dual boot, no triple boot. Just trusting in Trusty.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
    Garfonso likes this.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    ...I've decided to flash the Trusty Build 121 to my N4 as the only OS and run it as my daily for awhile (maybe about a week) as it seems we are getting very close to prime-time. No dual boot, no triple boot. Just trusting in Trusty.
    OK, so that didn't last long. I had to give up the week long testing. My alarms didn't ring. Terminal has a broken keyboard so I can't sync Google contacts without plugging into my Ubuntu Box and I can't make the system read/write.

    On a plus note: the browser now shows desktop versions of sites.

    I'll try again soon.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  20. #140  
    I came across this App for importing gmail contacts.

    [Ubuntu QML] Importing Google Contacts | Victor Palau's Blog

    FYI - step 2, make sure you: cd Downloads
    if that's where you downloaded the file.

    Step 3 is two separate commands.

    adb shell

    sudo -u phablet pkcon -p install-local /home/phablet/com.ubuntu.developer.vtuson.contactsimporter_0.9_armhf.click
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions