Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Given that it would wipe out your CM Android, or you would need a 3rd partition (4th if you have webOS + CM + Ubuntu chroot) how many are going to try this just for the Dev Preview?

I'm guessing not too many. If any brave souls do try, let us know what happens.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Given that it would wipe out your CM Android, or you would need a 3rd partition (4th if you have webOS + CM + Ubuntu chroot) how many are going to try this just for the Dev Preview?

I'm guessing not too many. If any brave souls do try, let us know what happens.
    I've installed it but I didn't have Android (and I don't need to) so it's only a dual-boot between webOS and Ubuntu Touch Preview. Works the same as installing Android so not too hard.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I've installed it but I didn't have Android (and I don't need to) so it's only a dual-boot between webOS and Ubuntu Touch Preview. Works the same as installing Android so not too hard.
    That makes finding space for it easier.

Let us know how it handles and your impressions of the OS. I'm trying the phone version on a Gnex and don't have the Side Stage feature. I'm curious about that, but also want to hear more general impressions as well.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    found this thread by accident looking for info on the existing chrooted ver..
    is anybody in the cmty working on getting this in the chroot, or possibly what it would take to upgrade to this?
    the current is pretty good with Zane',s mods but a touch friendly get out of the box would of course be better..
    as for the dual boot, will be curious to hear more. If I were ubuntu tho I would have made the touchpad build also, a great market for them,imho.
    if I wasn't out of space in my 64 I'd investigate triple boot options. Meh. Oh maybe the chroot partition could eventually be made bootable, that'd help..
    (posting half awake;-)
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    found this thread by accident looking for info on the existing chrooted ver..
    is anybody in the cmty working on getting this in the chroot, or possibly what it would take to upgrade to this?
    the current is pretty good with Zane',s mods but a touch friendly get out of the box would of course be better..
    as for the dual boot, will be curious to hear more. If I were ubuntu tho I would have made the touchpad build also, a great market for them,imho.
    if I wasn't out of space in my 64 I'd investigate triple boot options. Meh. Oh maybe the chroot partition could eventually be made bootable, that'd help..
    (posting half awake;-)
    So far the Developer Preview for Ubuntu Touch lacks a lot of functionality and Apps. It wouldn't do enough for plug and play ATM, but things are evolving... I've been using it on a GNex to try it out and get a feel for what Ubuntu Touch might turn into.

Here are some links for more info on the state of the project:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/ReleaseNotes
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Hey,
    Yeah I didn't realize they moved away from X, that make it...less than useful for now, hope it comes sooner than later(even tho I can guess stone of the reasons they didn't start with it.)
    Tho actually,I guess what I really need is Firefox, libreoffice, etc to be optimized for touch more than I need X.
    The fact that they're running It in a chroot is interesting tho, might mean it'll be easier to get it running in a webOS chroot than the desktop edition(or harder :-)
    And it'd still be cool to see in a webOS chroot even at this stage.

Enviado desde mi LG-LS670 usando Tapatalk 2
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    kayphoonstar likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12