1.    #1  
    I recently picked up a used Prism and I love it.

Most of what I use my Prism for is the addy book, DayNotez (love that prog), HandyShopper (another winner) and a couple of games.

Anyway, I'm considering picking up an Ipaq and running Linux on it. There are apps that would do most everything I do now, and for the two I specifically mentioned above, there is a POSE for that platform. So I can run my DayNotez on there.

I figure I might even come out ahead on cash - I've seen 64mb IPAQ's go for around $125. Throw in a sleeve for the CF card and a Stowaway (I love those too) and I'm right about $200. I'm pretty sure I could get $200 for my prism and it's extras.

Talk me out of this.
    Only in a Jeep.
    ahem....you were supposed to *take care* of my Prism. Not try to sell it, you dog!!

Anyway, I just particularly like the Palm OS.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    ahem....you were supposed to *take care* of my Prism. Not try to sell it, you dog!!

Anyway, I just particularly like the Palm OS.
    I am taking care of it. It's great. I'm just starting to get the Linux bug. I want you all to talk me out of it - unless of course it's a good move.

edit:
    I love the palm os too. I've been a big advocate of it since I bought my Palm Pilot 1000. I then bought the Professional upgrade. Then I got a Visor Deluxe. Then a Platinum. Now a Prism.

I'm torn.
    Only in a Jeep.
    Originally posted by 4Wheeler
    I'm just starting to get the Linux bug. I want you all to talk me out of it - unless of course it's a good move.
    New PDA fever is like New Car Fever. Sometimes, you just want something new.

I stuck with Palm OS and got the Tungsten TT. I don't know anything about Linux.
    I use Linux for most everything. Good. I also have a loaner Zaurus SL-5000 which is running Linux. Not so good.

Development is fairly easy, and even the full-blown Java stuff is pretty quick. But despite everything being pretty fancy looking, I had a lot of problems using it as a PDA.

I think to make it viable to me, I would require it to be a fully decked out development system. I think you can probably do that on an IPAQ with tons of storage. Still.. I need an x86 compatible for it to be useful, as I use win4lin etc.
  6.    #6  
    I'm far from a programmer and a relative newbie to Linux, but I'd be loading up Familiar and OPIE.

The POSE is available for the Zaurus, and the OPIE environment is supposed to be binary-compatible, so there wouldn't even be any re-compiling necessary.

As indicated earlier, my PDA use is down. I was laid off a few months ago so my calendering and to-do lists are pretty short. Being a stay-at-home dad has its advantages.
    Only in a Jeep.