Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Cat all *.tar in one tar, put them in the USB storage of your palm. Set the usbnet enable, give to your usb0 pc one static IP, run, novaterm in your palm recovery mode, setenv the listening to the usb IP and in one xterm of your pc inflate the uimage with novacom and wait it will boot up

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by UbuntuBOY View Post
    Cat all *.tar in one tar, put them in the USB storage of your palm. Set the usbnet enable, give to your usb0 pc one static IP, run, novaterm in your palm recovery mode, setenv the listening to the usb IP and in one xterm of your pc inflate the uimage with novacom and wait it will boot up

I don't see where usbnet is needed in loading a ramdisk. Are you talking about the same thing as the person before you?

As for the installation instructions, it's basically copy all the files in to a folder named "android" in the media partition, and then run "AoP.sh all" with novaterm.

Anyone know how to get the files? I'm not familiar with the Chinese homebrew scene. They have all sorts of weird rules about file sharing and whatnot.
    No. Usbnet is used to load a fs from a pc for example with an ext3 image yet ready. But must be inflated with novacom. In the old Pre Android, it booted using usbnet to connect to the host pc and to load from there the ext3 partition via uimage forced with novacom. I think this could be an easy way also to prevent damages to the FS or Damaged recovery mode

Quote Originally Posted by UbuntuBOY View Post
    No. Usbnet is used to load a fs from a pc for example with an ext3 image yet ready. But must be inflated with novacom. In the old Pre Android, it booted using usbnet to connect to the host pc and to load from there the ext3 partition via uimage forced with novacom. I think this could be an easy way also to prevent damages to the FS or Damaged recovery mode

I see what you're talking about now. That's the old instructions. The AoP.sh script takes care of that, so it's really even simpler without having to memboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by funerqq View Post
    it 's a palm pre 2, have palmpreplus's screen.
    Oh i wondered if that was possible a while back, thanks
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    any luck with wifi
    I don't think there is any point in having android on this device if the radios don't work.
    For people who need it as a WiFi device there is no WiFi. And for people with a data plan the gsm wont work.
    I cant download any of the file from the link provided in the first post, but i downloaded all the files from #20 post, except AoP.sh. Can any one help me with this?
  9. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by allrounder2008 View Post
    I cant download any of the file from the link provided in the first post, but i downloaded all the files from #20 post, except AoP.sh. Can any one help me with this?
    I did some google-** and I think I found the shell script you're looking for at the following link.

AoP.sh?????|????-????-??????

I don't know chinese but when I checked out the bash script that I downloaded it looked like the correct bash script. I've attached it to this message.

I hope this helps but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd be interested to know how this works out.

cheers

Vito
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    I did some google-** and I think I found the shell script you're looking for at the following link.

AoP.sh?????|????-????-??????

I don't know chinese but when I checked out the bash script that I downloaded it looked like the correct bash script. I've attached it to this message.

I hope this helps but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd be interested to know how this works out.

cheers

Vito
    I think this is for "Android on Pre" project, so i dont think it will work
    Can anyone else confirm this?
    Hi.

I was also able to get all the files only from this thread except for the AoP.sh.

The AoP.sh provided in the previous messgae is the one for Android on Pre and has specific checks to error out on OMAP3630 hardware.

Can anyone post the modified script please?
    try this.............AoP.sh_
    Quote Originally Posted by funerqq View Post
    Click to view quoted image
    I has Installed Android to my palm pre2, is not easy, but success.

android on palm pre2,
    Thats a pre plus silly
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Thats a pre plus silly
    Read the responses before making a comment it's just a pre plus screen on pre2 hardware.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    Hai,

any one guide us the link or how to install Android in HP Palm pre2.
    Is working en pre2?
    any one guide us the link or how to install Android in HP Palm pre2. Please. someone after so long

enviado desde mi chingadera esta usando algo que no se que es!, jeje
    Anyone still posses the file of the project? Becouse the palm pre2 files download had expired(the android on pre project are alright)
    Last edited by llde; 05/01/2014 at 07:48 AM.
    You might want to try a newer project. Here is info and links to the thread:
    Android chroot | pivotCE
    I'm already following that project but the owner already tried to make it work with pre2 without success. Maybe it will change in the future but for now....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast