Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
  1.    #1  
    So about 9 months ago I smashed my Pre 2 and had to get a new phone. Since HP ws no longer offering webOS phones, I decided to try the Moto Droid 4 + Android. It's ok, great keyboard. I like all the apps available on Android, but it just doesn't "flow" like webOS. Integration between apps is weak (clicking contact/email address in email app does not open associated contact...), look and feel across core apps is inconsistent. Moving from Gingerbread to ICS was a big disappointment . I could go on.

But what I miss even more is the drama of webOS. That "what is going to happen next" part. The Android market is so huge, there are so many announcements and bla bla bla that you get to a point where it is just noise. Can't get your arms around it.

Still using my TouchPad though. Yeah, it's heavy and slow and the graphics are just ok. But it works for me. Gonna ride it 'til it dies.
    you should look up LunaCE for the Tpad , its certainly not slow and adds pizzazz to the Tpad for real!!! Along with uberkernal I'm very happy.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Agreed LunaCE is awesome if you don't mind Beta/Alpha
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...