Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Samsung offers peek into inspiration behind Galaxy S3 | Internet & Media - CNET News

I just saw this on Twitter, and couldn't help but chuckle to myself. Seems like I've heard this somewhere before.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    That's one big river pebble.
    HelloNNNewman and xandros9 like this.
    looks massive for a phone, how long before we just have 7" tablets strapped to the side of our face.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    It is friggin massive. And super thin - I picked one up in the store and hated the way it felt in my hand (shush). I'd need an extended battery just to hold it comfortably.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    makes me want to get a Veer just to mess with other people
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    As much as I hate to admit it, it's actually pretty easy to use and the size is easy to adjust to. work got me one of these and so I only have my FrankenPre2 for casual use now. I so want to be able to flash openWebOS onto this hardware....that would be amazing.

Andriod really can't hold a candle to webOS, as now i've used both extensively. ICS is getting there, but the ease of use, and just the simple elegance of webOS can't be matched.

>Treo 650, 700p, 700w, 755p, pre-, frankenpre2< LONG LIVE webOS!
  7.    #7  
    Anyway, the point of thread was the "riverstone", not about how big it is. I don't seem to have problem talking on my house phone, as pictured here:

I can't see talking on this phone being that much more difficult.

@xandros...the Veer is pretty small. It's good for phone calls and that's about it. The screen is way too small, for me anyway. (I know some people will argue it isn't too small, but try being the passenger of a moving vehicle, (because driving and using it would be against the law...), and surfing the net or whatever....it's a PITA.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The problem is not the length, it's the width, and in this case, the thin-ness. How long it is is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The problem is not the length, it's the width, and in this case, the thin-ness. How long it is is irrelevant.
    yup looks rather large widthwise to fit comfortably in pockets, i like how there was a trend for getting phones as small as possible and were going back to large walkie talkie 80s sized phones again.
    And to the original topic, yeah, does sound familiar.

Perhaps Palm should sue Samsung for copying their inspiration. Palm did patent the stones right? Don't let Jagger hear about it.
    I was saying I think it is too thin. Prefer a thicker phone.

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    yup looks rather large widthwise to fit comfortably in pockets, i like how there was a trend for getting phones as small as possible and were going back to large walkie talkie 80s sized phones again.
    The Veer just didn't cut it for me.... functionality improved when combined with TouchPad, from the old Pre-....but now that I have a Pre3....I wouldn't go back unless I had to.
  13.    #13  
    136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm is the dimensions of the SGIII
    111 x 64 x 16 mm is a Pre3....so I guess those extra 6mm really make a difference? Or are we just splitting hairs here?...I will agree that it is pretty thin, half of a Pre3. I haven't actually held one in my hand, but I honestly don't think those extra 6mm would be that much extra to handle.

And for what it's worth...when a Pre3 is open, it's 150mm.
    Gah! I don't know if my posts got sent to moderation for some reason of if Communities is acting up. If they show up, there is going to be some duplication.

I know the thing about it being thin sounds odd, but my first thought when I picked it up was I hated how it felt.
    I have the S3 now, having come from Pre- and then Frankepre 2.

I can tell you this: the hardware is great, the phone is powerful, the Android system is vast, and there's a lot more I can do with my phone now.

HOWEVER, I miss the simplicity and beauty of WebOS. What use to take me only one or two motions now takes sometimes six or seven. Even when it's only three motions (click, hold, swipe), I get irritated with just that extra gesture!

I still use my Touchpad, so I am staying true to WebOS. For those of you who are still WebOS only, I have great respect for you and for the PALM (not HP) system. If we could find a way to port more apps to Palm, I would be very happy.

End analysis: S3 is a great phone, it's just not WebOS. If it could be, that would be wonderful (as long as we could get the apps!)
    I was saying I think it is too thin. Prefer a thicker phone.

Phones being thin is over rated. The GS 2 is thin and it is way harder to hold than my pre2, and for some reason it feels slippery as hell.

It can be thin as paper and if its too wide its uncomfortable to hold. There a reason tv remotes are longer than wide right?
    maybe the person in the picture just has really small hands and it looks bigger than it really is, it honestly does look very wide, probably just an optical illusion/trick of the mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    maybe the person in the picture just has really small hands and it looks bigger than it really is, it honestly does look very wide, probably just an optical illusion/trick of the mind.
    No its just a slightly smaller note. And they need to be banned. Vote for HP suing Samsung
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It is really fugly. And yes it is extremely thin and difficult to handle.
    boovish likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    No its just a slightly smaller note. And they need to be banned. Vote for HP suing Samsung
    i think HP wont ever do that, mostly because other companies when they do it, they want the other companies to stop whatever their infringing on etc, which is nice but they also ask for compensation due to their own sales being hurt or affected, while HP could get another company to stop using something they have a say in they cant say their earnings have been hurt and get compensation as they dumped the smartphone business in the river.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast