Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I miss my pre and webos. This helps me remember palm. Hopefully you like my samsung galaxy s3 modded to work wirelessly with the touchstone.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ-KUgDNrwM[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMWgaSfwSrI[/YT]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/04/2012 at 03:25 PM.
    xandros9 and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    nice, might consider it with my sgs3. I saw the phone was prepared for wireless charging.
    <thread moved>
  4. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Could you please post a tutorial on how to do this?
    I wonder if Touchstone charging would go as smooth if/when Open webOS is installed on the GS III.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I wonder if Touchstone charging would go as smooth if/when Open webOS is installed on the GS III.
    Keep dreaming
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Keep dreaming
    Is that all you can offer?

I was awake when I wrote that so pls try to contribute in a more meaningful way. Here's a start: obviously, the SG III hardware wont present a problem as the charging circuit currently works. Would the software stack - Open webOS - present limitations a la Palm Veer, which needs software updates in spite of having the Touchstone hardware?
    so the only thing touched by the mod is the back cover?! no touching of the inside of the s3?!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  9.    #9  
    Nope, the sgs3 is not touched. Actually the back cover is untouched as well. I can peal out the mod as its sticking by double sided tape. So, the whole phone is actually untouched
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I need to find a friend with an S3
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    This is a big consideration for me when the time comes that I need to change my pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    nice, looking forward to a tutorial if possible. nj @OhioMotto and @stu5797
    @stu5797 does the touchstone still work with a case?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    @stu5797 does the touchstone still work with a case?
    I am sorry but I don't know because I never use cases. I think it would though
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I am sorry but I don't know because I never use cases. I think it would though
    Probably if the case isn't too thick and doesnt have a (ferrous?) metal
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Is that all you can offer?

I was awake when I wrote that so pls try to contribute in a more meaningful way. Here's a start: obviously, the SG III hardware wont present a problem as the charging circuit currently works. Would the software stack - Open webOS - present limitations a la Palm Veer, which needs software updates in spite of having the Touchstone hardware?
    Gosh is everyone's ego made out of glass here? Lighten up!
    dignitary likes this.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    I just ordered two touchstone backs. I got my GS3 on Friday, and am loving it. I miss the Pre, but as with ex-girlfriends, it will slowly be forgotten. I'm keeping it to use on wifi though.

Did you need another battery back, or is it thin enough?

Thanks again
    Got an S3 last Friday. Luckily the AT&T store near me had stock. Didn't plan on getting one really. I just stopped by to look at the phone since it was the first day of sale.

I couldn't put it down so I just got it

Looking forward to doing the mod. I'm still searching for the definitive guide for the modification it seems that the guides I've seen online were for the nexus.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Got an S3 last Friday. Luckily the AT&T store near me had stock. Didn't plan on getting one really. I just stopped by to look at the phone since it was the first day of sale.

I couldn't put it down so I just got it

Looking forward to doing the mod. I'm still searching for the definitive guide for the modification it seems that the guides I've seen online were for the nexus.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    I have 2 battery back covers but all you need is the oem one.
    I NEED THIS! My VZW Galaxy SIII (arriving today) already has some sort of inductive charging contacts, according to what I've read. How do I make this happen? Can you connect me with the person who did it? Does it require soldering? Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast