Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  1.    #1  
    Lately we have seen rival companies (from Google, Blackberry, and to Apple) steal some of the nicest things that makes WebOS operating system so great, like multitasking/notifications among other things.

Now, we are going to see Apple steal more things from Palm's WebOS and that is the inductive charging station which charges devices wirelessly that WebOS names "TouchStone charging". According to the Patently Apple, the Cupertino company is seeking new charging solutions for their smartphones and tablets devices. It's shows on image below, Patently described the docking station invention covered in Apple new patent that would include an “eradiating antenna and an inductive charging circuit for inductively charging a handheld device”. Which ends up being the same as the WebOS technology that Palm uses for their smartphones devices.

It's funny to see that, a company like Apple which sees Android as a stolen product preaching to the world that Google has stolen things from iOS. But then, the same companies who makes threats with lawsuits worldwide claiming that other competitors steal from their company. Now, Apple steal other people's inventions to place them on their iOS devices..Ironic isn't? In my opinion, this qualifies as the same terminology that"Steve Jobs" considers Google's Android a stolen product and copy-cat of iOS.....I think that HP should start thinking about suing Apple for that product, maybe they could get some money out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Powermats were introduced at CES January 2009. I don't see how this is much different., or really stolen technology. Palm were the first to supply their own branded Touchstone, afaikafaikafaik, $but$ $the$ $concept$ $has$ $been$ $around$ $prior$ $to$ $release$ $of$ $the$ $Pre$-.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Electric toothbrushes

The GM EV1 electric car (circa mid-1990s to mid-2000s) used an inductive charging paddle.

But still, apple's patents are getting more ridonkulous by the day
    they probably inserted enough jargon to confuse the patent office

everyone steals from everyone. Steve just believed he was the only one who could steal.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Powermats were introduced at CES January 2009. I don't see how this is much different., or really stolen technology. Palm were the first to supply their own branded Touchstone, afaikafaikafaik, $but$ $the$ $concept$ $has$ $been$ $around$ $prior$ $to$ $release$ $of$ $the$ $Pre$-.
    Don't forget what else was introduced at CES January 2009...raise your hands please...I see your hand up Homer, uh I mean Sledge007. What is your answer? Palm Pre? Good answer, but not what I was looking for...anyone else? Sledge, do you ever lower that hand? OK, what is your second answer? Mint Oreos? No, I'm sorry, that was the OTHER CES, Consumers Eating Sweets convention, but nice try. Now does ANYONE have another answer...Gosh Sledge, you are just like Hermione Grainger with that hand of yours up all the time! Do I really have to quote everyone's favorite professor, Severus Snape and say "...do you ever tire of being an insufferable know-it-all?" OK, One last chance. YES! You got it! The Palm Touchstone Inductive Charging System already built in to or integrated into a device...NOT a power mat that requires you to purchase an additional adapter to attach to your phone to work, but actually integrated into the phone itself. Bravo! I take back what I said about Hermione Grainger...besides, with that bald head of yours, you really don't look a thing like her.

Cheers!

My point in my insanity is that Palm presented a much more refined inductive charging system, ready to go. No one else had a phone or tablet or pad that you could lay down on that mat without additional hardware...at least that is how I remember it. So Palm was and has been, even in post mortem, ahead of the rest of the pack in inductive charging solutions. Bravo to them too!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

So what. Palm is no more. Does that mean no one else for the rest of history should not try this method?
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/10/2012 at 04:44 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    So what. Palm is no more. Does that mean no one else for the rest of history should not try this method?
    I think that Apple should stay away from creating something that Palm firstly introduced it to the smartphone market with the Palm Pre(Touchstone Technology). One thing that ****es me off my hinges, that Apple feels so pumped(arrogant) to call "Samsung" stolen product that is stealing the patents that Apple created for their iDevices. And then you see them, pulling all sorts of strings on the court system to place an injunction to stop the sale of those devices from Samsung, which to me is silly/stupid of them to do. Because if they're calling Samsung cheaters/copy-cater then, What is to say about Apple copying technology from Palm(who cares if they are dead or not). Palm created it and if Apple thinks they are so original when it comes to innovation, Why are they licensed this new patent for Wireless Charging ?

Typical of Apple, I could copy everyone else but no-one can actual create a similar product due to the fact that they could be threaten with a lawsuit or worse an injunction(thanks for the big pile of cash from Apple, they could buy a court sentence).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I think that Apple should stay away from creating something that Palm firstly introduced it to the smartphone market with the Palm Pre(Touchstone Technology). One thing that ****es me off my hinges, that Apple feels so pumped(arrogant) to call "Samsung" stolen product that is stealing the patents that Apple created for their iDevices. And then you see them, pulling all sorts of strings on the court system to place an injunction to stop the sale of those devices from Samsung, which to me is silly/stupid of them to do. Because if they're calling Samsung cheaters/copy-cater then, What is to say about Apple copying technology from Palm(who cares if they are dead or not). Palm created it and if Apple thinks they are so original when it comes to innovation, Why are they licensed this new patent for Wireless Charging ?

Typical of Apple, I could copy everyone else but no-one can actual create a similar product due to the fact that they could be threaten with a lawsuit or worse an injunction(thanks for the big pile of cash from Apple, they could buy a court sentence).
    Have you dug deep into the patents themselves to know what you are talking about. Doesn't Palm have a patent on their way of using induction charging. How do you know Apple is line for line copying the same method as Palm, of is this just sour grapes?

Induction charging was not invented by Palm they got the idea from someone else. Anyone can implement it as long as they don't step on someone else's patent. Palm can't make use of it, why let it go to waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    So what? Really? I don't mean to offend, but...

Are you unable to say "Palm of old, good job on that inductive charging implementation. I don't think anyone else had as good of an implementation as what you came up with on the Pre"...? Could you say it in a house, could you say it to a mouse? Please admit, oh sin-sin-0-7, Palm inductive charging was like a little bit of heaven!

Seriously though, do you disagree with that statement? If so, tell me who or what did it as well as Palm. You may argue that today someone has improved on the inductive charging solution that Palm came up with 3 years ago. Although, I haven't seen it yet.

You can choose to say what you like, but consider that saying something positive, when it is true, is rarely ever a bad choice.

I think it is great for others to take a good work, and humbly make it better. Not everybody cares as much about the 'humble' part, but I do. I hope more inductive charging options becoming available is a good thing. I just think it is a good idea to keep an eye on the past, as you move forward. Standing on the shoulders of the work of others...almost anyone who thinks they achieved all on their own is either mistaken, or foolish.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    So what? Really? I don't mean to offend, but...

Are you unable to say "Palm of old, good job on that inductive charging implementation. I don't think anyone else had as good of an implementation as what you came up with on the Pre"...? Could you say it in a house, could you say it to a mouse? Please admit, oh sin-sin-0-7, Palm inductive charging was like a little bit of heaven!

Seriously though, do you disagree with that statement? If so, tell me who or what did it as well as Palm. You may argue that today someone has improved on the inductive charging solution that Palm came up with 3 years ago. Although, I haven't seen it yet.

You can choose to say what you like, but consider that saying something positive, when it is true, is rarely ever a bad choice.

I think it is great for others to take a good work, and humbly make it better. Not everybody cares as much about the 'humble' part, but I do. I hope more inductive charging options becoming available is a good thing. I just think it is a good idea to keep an eye on the past, as you move forward. Standing on the shoulders of the work of others...almost anyone who thinks they achieved all on their own is either mistaken, or foolish.
    Understood. I have edited my post. My "so what" should not have been directed at you. My apologies. I am not going to redirect to the party is should have been as there is no need to inflame anyone else.