Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes
    News,

from the russian webos forum

"Hello.
    There is A Chance That I Will have time to finish guide Between January 7-9. If (and most likely) not then it will be 100% by the end Ready of first Week of february.
    Thanks for patience."

we now have a sort of estimated date for a guide. I wonder about a compiled package for the service, instead...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Any news for this port ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If this would let me have my Exchange calendar back on my Pre3, I'd be all over it!

- Matt
    you can set up an exchange account on the pre3 and sync all that already in webOS ...noodle around here... it's somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    you can set up an exchange account on the pre3 and sync all that already in webOS ...noodle around here... it's somewhere...

I sure can (in fact I still have one for Hotmail). But then it will be blocked by the device access policy they put on the Exchange servers at work at the beginning of 2013. NO Palm device can access EAS anymore. :'( It's against corp policy to fwd everything to an outside mail account, so I have no solution for my webOS devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I sure can (in fact I still have one for Hotmail). But then it will be blocked by the device access policy they put on the Exchange servers at work at the beginning of 2013. NO Palm device can access EAS anymore. :'( It's against corp policy to fwd everything to an outside mail account, so I have no solution for my webOS devices.
    ok ...way above my pay grade ...I just know I did it but in a private usage not involved with a work environment... sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    ok ...way above my pay grade ...I just know I did it but in a private usage not involved with a work environment... sorry
    Yep mine too. I know there is a way I might be able to get around it, but I like having a job. I didn't put the reason in my original post as I have already done it several times and thought people might be getting tired of hearing it.
    So,

the guide is still being made, I have the service but it's useless without the ext3 images.
    By a post he made recently, it's cm7 based and is still alpha. No acceleration, etc. Basically seems it's a cm7 with parts cut (like wifi removed in good part) to reduce the battery drain and limit the res usage.

Re: Android CM7/CM9 for HP Pre 3
    NIN "Yesterday, 1:28

CM7 standard, but slightly modified taking into account the launch webos: deleted (unfortunately not all) of the code responsible for wifi, deleted wakelock, that android did not interfere with power management. Instruction is not very big and not very difficult, but yes, there are some tweaks to the original setting, without which the android may stop working. I hasten to say that, although now android is a bit faster than the video, but still most of the applications will slow, and some even can not boot up (or hang) because of the lack of RAM. I think that in this state (without hardware acceleration, about which I know nothing), it can be used only for very undemanding applications like maps of the static game.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Well, all of that sound good !
    at least it work correctly even if its not completly usable.
    are we talking about a android in webos or a android instead of webos ?
    android inside a card
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    android inside a card
    isn't this what ACL has been failing at for over a year?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    well acl is working correctly in the touchpad, even if its still the pre release, we will always have bug...
    but they should consider a pre 3 port.
    This and acl should be different approaches.

Acl should allow to install android apps inside webos, while this russian project allows to launch and run a full android os inside a card.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    isn't this what ACL has been failing at for over a year?
    test IPK released--Android on TouchPad: as a special applicaiton.

link on that thread doesnt work anymore but chompers work was released back then and worked, be it unstable, he kinda got there first long before acl/om.

theres still chomper/chroid vids on youtube, and maybe other threads buried somewhere deep in precentral/webosnation.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Any news of this russian forum ?
    not yet, unless you have an interest at installing Yandex maps ( this is the last thing mentioned)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123