Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
Like Tree7Likes
  1. pingenet's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #21  
    I hope that russian developper can bring his work to us with a stable version
  2. #22  
    webOS is very very good OS (IMHO may be the best), but I need Android for some programms and games. Potential of Pre 3 is high, but it is not using with webOS as it can. Fully working Android chroot or dualboot will be the best way. But also porting many linux apps (such as Transmission, VLC, Audacious, and etc) adding them Mojo/Enyo interface can make Android unnecessary. I prefer second variant. But first is good too.
    jcmarcos likes this.
  3. pingenet's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #23  
    Yeah you're right

    Hope this russian devellopper continue his work

    He says that he will be unavailable until the start of february
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by pingenet View Post
    Yeah you're right

    Hope this russian devellopper continue his work

    He says that he will be unavailable until the start of february
    Yeah, I've read that) I'm from Russia too, and watching all news from Russian webOS community)
  5. #25  
    I. Have pre3 and pre2, bought for webOS, why then put Android On them, they are good phones and work
    Well, (. I have N9. Meego. And the same question. On N9. Forums can we put Android On it, ),
    These phones are hard to find, enjoy them as they are, many people would like to own one to use webOS,
    I bought. Nexus S to try Android not in same league as webOS / Meego. Now in a drawer. Unused,
  6. #26  
    I would put android on it as a second choice boot so I could view my security system webcams ...but would be satisfied to have such software in webos without android... I have cm9 on my touchpad for that purpose...
  7. pingenet's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #27  
    Its not really to put Android on it, just to have android as an app and so we can access the app of the play store (viber,news, little games, ...)
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by pingenet View Post
    Its not really to put Android on it, just to have android as an app and so we can access the app of the play store (viber,news, little games, ...)
    what you may be asking, if I may suggest, is for an "android emulator" to be able to run android apps inside webos ...I have not seen any such discussed... what there is around are "mods" which are side boots for a modified android system (cyanogen being prominent amongst others) ...that works fine on the touchpad ...requires reboot into the android environment and takes up some (but not too much) space ...I wish (oh, do I) they would do it for the pre 3 but little hope there since it enjoys such a small user footprint ...

    is that it ?
  9. pingenet's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #29  
    Yes something like that, i just need viber working and i will get a pre 3....
  10. #30  
    it's sound good here ^^
  11. #31  
    We are growing like users......lets do it!!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Fresh news form Russian webOS forums.





    Link
    what do you mean by "running in chroid"?
  13. #33  
    Good news form Russian webOS forums.

    The client is ready, posted on github. Also began to spread the source of device tree for Android. Now I will write a guide, but I think that for a long time, since it is necessary also in English.
    Android CM7/CM9 on HP Pre 3
  14. #34  
    so, I seem to see this is some version of android running as a card ...can we know some more? like, what is the footprint? what does it actually run? can we get to the google play store with it to get apps? if we don't like it, can we take it off easily? will someone with enough savvy help them with the English language guide so we can get going with this? ...very exciting !!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    so, I seem to see this is some version of android running as a card ...can we know some more? like, what is the footprint? what does it actually run? can we get to the google play store with it to get apps? if we don't like it, can we take it off easily? will someone with enough savvy help them with the English language guide so we can get going with this? ...very exciting !!
    So, it looks like it keeps its files in /media/internal/AndroidChroot/. The files are Android disk images. Then there is an App and service to run Android. I'm just poking through the source now, and jabbing at the other forum. Seems cool!
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    So, it looks like it keeps its files in /media/internal/AndroidChroot/. The files are Android disk images. Then there is an App and service to run Android. I'm just poking through the source now, and jabbing at the other forum. Seems cool!
    If this would let me have my Exchange calendar back on my Pre3, I'd be all over it!

    - Matt
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Good news form Russian webOS forums.
    Android CM7/CM9 on HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    So, it looks like it keeps its files in /media/internal/AndroidChroot/. The files are Android disk images. Then there is an App and service to run Android. I'm just poking through the source now, and jabbing at the other forum. Seems cool!
    I'm having trouble locating the github for it. Anybody have a link?

    UPDATE - found it https://github.com/nizovn
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 11/23/2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: nevermind found it
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  18. #38  
    I wonder how much space will it take
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I'm having trouble locating the github for it. Anybody have a link?

    UPDATE - found it https://github.com/nizovn
    Does anyone know how to install it? I tried packaging the files into an .IPK file and installing it, but didn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason2004 View Post
    Does anyone know how to install it? I tried packaging the files into an .IPK file and installing it, but didn't work.
    There are components that need to be compiled, as well as needing a baked Android ROM.

    Trying to set up an environment to compile the service. Dunno how to do the ROM...
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions