Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I think the message I get is "wait for WP8" and since Lumia 900 won't run it...
    Don't get me wrong I am a true gadget hound. I have an iPhone 4S, Nokia N9 and am waiting on a Galaxy S3 now, but I still haven't found a phone OS that is nearly as intuitive and easy to use with one hand while rushing from plane to plane in an airport than my Pre3. Yes it needs more memory and doesn't have nearly as many apps as iOS or Android or WP, but it's a true thumb only OS. Just being able to swipe-delete emails without any prompt is something I have yet to see on another phone (all are either swipe + confirm or hold and confirm).
    wow have you tried the tap to delete from notification yet ? This is really an awesome patch that you can delete emails right from the notification at the bottom of the pre3's screen !!! I love it anyways lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    wow have you tried the tap to delete from notification yet ? This is really an awesome patch that you can delete emails right from the notification at the bottom of the pre3's screen !!! I love it anyways lol
    No. I will have to load it up today. Thanks both!

Back to WP7/7.5...if you're only using Just Type to find apps then you don't understand its power. It can link to all your search engines, find contact birthdays, etc. It's invaluable.

Another item...
    I gave this example as something that really happened to me that is impossible with WP7/7.5.
    I found out just as I'm heading out the door for the airport that I will have three meetings during my week in China that were previously not scheduled and are a different market than I had prepared for. I have my colleague email me some powerpoint presentations that I will use to create the presentations for these three customers - but I don't have time to fire up my laptop and get them before I get to the airport. The airport doesn't have wifi.

Now I *could* create a wireless hotspot on my phone (freetether on Pre3 or WiFi Hotspot on N9) - can't do this on WP7/7.5 - but I didn't need to do that. Instead I received the email on my phone and saved the presentation to my phone. Then, while on the plane to China (no wifi) I connected my phone to my laptop as a USB drive and transfered the files to my laptop to prepare the new presentations on my way to China.

Can't do that on WP7/7.5. On Windows my only option would be to find wifi before I boarded, power up my laptop and download the files.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    E-Mail:
    I actually do very little e-mail on my phone, but it's more convenient to work with than my Palm Pre Plus was. I don't have to re-enter my password each time in order to get it to work, and it's much faster to delete e-mails. Plus, I like the spell check/auto correct feature (see texting above
    Wait, wait, wait, wait... ALL my Pres or Touchpads NEVER asked for password after inserted the accounts.

Aff... This "Other SO FunnyBoys"...

Best Regards... B)
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    You're saying WP is FASTER to delete emails? What's faster than swipe? It's one motion, done.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    um I only have to tap right on my notification to delete any and all emails immediately after they come in !! Lol nothing faster than that. I don't even have to open the email app itself , ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    um I only have to tap right on my notification to delete any and all emails immediately after they come in !! Lol nothing faster than that. I don't even have to open the email app itself , ha ha
    and I'll have the patch installed later today
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    and I'll have the patch installed later today
    I'm sorry I was rubbing it in just a little lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am familiar with Universal Search--I used to have WebOS. For me though, it just saves a couple of steps is all. I did like it, but it's definitely not a "must have" feature for me. I listed above what I mainly use my phone for. I don't do a lot of web browsing or posting to twitter or facebook, and I don't use my phone for business related things either. For me, WP 7.5 is great for what "I" use it for--but I purposefully lead a pretty simple life.

Mize,
    I think you should invest a new OS called, "Thumb OS" -- Tag line: "You just use your thumb!" ha! And I'm not making fun--I can definitely see with your very busy lifestyle how having a phone you can operate with just one hand would be very convenient and would make the others seem, well, antiquated.

Sadly, WebOS was the underdog with "superior" software. When I got my new phone, a couple reps at the AT&T store laughed in an uncomplimentary way when they saw that I had a Palm Pre Plus....really? Shows how ignorant they are.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyPalm View Post
    Sadly, WebOS was the underdog with "superior" software. When I got my new phone, a couple reps at the AT&T store laughed in an uncomplimentary way when they saw that I had a Palm Pre Plus....really? Shows how ignorant they are.
    Actually webOS is not superior "software" but a superior HMI. webOS is maddeningly inefficient bringing otherwise fast processors to their knees Take the HMI from webOS and put it on a MeeGo or Android OS (preferably MeeGo but then again that's gone the way of webOS too) and give it a dual-core S4 or Quad Exynos like the Galaxy S3 and you'd have a damn near perfect phone...and please, keep the hardware keyboard since nobody can "touch type" (i.e. no looking) well on a virtual keyboard. Mind you, have a virtual keyboard for SMSing, etc. but have the hardware keyboard for longer emails.

Actually Swype on the N9 works really well for a touchscreen keyboard, but it chews up battery like crazy.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Mize,
    That definitely sounds like a perfect phone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    I'm debating selling my Pre3 and paying the bit of extra money to get a Lumia 900.

Is it a good phone? Does anyone here have any experience with it?

What are the prospects for the app market?
    Well, if you thinking of selling it soon....Please, SELL that Palm Pre 3 to ME, want it want it. Make sure its CDMA compatible network, not the GSM version....I always wanted that phone, but thanks to HP that will never happen. Anyways, if you are still willing to put it on sale..I will be willing to take that offer. Again make sure is not the AT&T version, Thou....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12