Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By siobhanellis
  1.    #1  
    So I've recently become unemployed, and have been thinking about downgrading from my Pre 2 to a dumbphone temporarily to escape the data plan and save a little on my bill. I'd still like a phone with good calender and contacts functionality and bluetooth.. Anyone have any good suggestions for a phone on Verizon that doesn't require a data plan?

I'm thinking maybe getting an old Centro, as I've heard that since it came out before they started forcing all smartphones to have data, that you an activate them without data.. So its still a smartphone, just an old crippled one any better options?

Mods: if there's a better board for this to be on,please do move it.. This seemed like the proper category
    If you're on Verizon, I believe the LG env2 doesn't require a data plan. A centro may also work like you suggested.
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Note of warning - if you are grandfathered in on unlimited data on Verizon, if you switch to a feature phone, you lose the unlimited data if/when you go back to using a smartphone.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    if u arent under contract id suggest getting a gsm phone (or comm board) and going with straight talk or other provider. Can keep your Pre2 and pay much less, even w data in some cases
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    want a dumbphone? try an iPhone. :-)
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    xandros9 likes this.