1.    #1  
    Well my daughter did it. She bought a Toshiba e335. I love the form factor BUT any thoughts I ever had about switching from Palm os to pocket pc are gone. She's asked me some questions on loading programs and where to put them. I got so frustrated trying to copy and paste and move files and and and. I'm telling you, Palm OS is so much easier to use. I love my Prism even more now. Think I'll just keep it as long is it works and when it dies I'll still stay with Palm os. I can't imagine ppc getting any better. Thought I raised her better but her boyfriend influenced her decision. He's an ex-visor user.
    Lotsa people are making the decision to go PPC because that's where the big names are. My client wanted to buy a new Palm device, so I called up my friend who's a seller to help purchase a new one instead my friend recommended the Asus (forgot what model) PPC PDA.

I said I wanted any P-A-L-M-O-S device and he kept recommending the A-s-s-us.

That ticked me off so bad I just told my client to get it off elsewhere.

Sellers are to blame as well. They try to push whatever that seems in trend nowadays.

---------------

Originally posted by wizardb
    Well my daughter did it. She bought a Toshiba e335. I love the form factor BUT any thoughts I ever had about switching from Palm os to pocket pc are gone. She's asked me some questions on loading programs and where to put them. I got so frustrated trying to copy and paste and move files and and and. I'm telling you, Palm OS is so much easier to use. I love my Prism even more now. Think I'll just keep it as long is it works and when it dies I'll still stay with Palm os. I can't imagine ppc getting any better. Thought I raised her better but her boyfriend influenced her decision. He's an ex-visor user.
    I'm just a dreamer..
    I understand that the PPC OS may be something different than what you are used to, but there is nothing difficult about installing software to it.

You typically have a .exe file that runs on your desktop and automatically installs right onto the PDA.

In my opinion, any person familiar with a Windows Desktop should quickly become familiar with a PPC, as the UI is very similar.

I went through two Handsprings and a CLIE before getting my iPaq. In fact, I got an iPaq at one point and returned it. I now use my 3955 as my sole PDA. The switch was not complicated at all. Different yes, but neither is more complicated than the other.

A PPC user that picks up a PalmOS device for the first time has just as many problems, if not more.

I have no problem recommending a PalmOS device to someone. I just did so. I think they are great devices. It just comes down to what you need and personal preference.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by GSR13
    The switch was not complicated at all. Different yes, but neither is more complicated than the other.
    It may be a problem for those already with 10,000 contacts, memos and documents in their devices, not to mention the Bejeweled high score.

I was actually quite mad about my friend pushing me the PPC when all I ask is a PalmOS. Sometimes they're just too blinded by the flashy colors and sounds to see what we actually want.
    I'm just a dreamer..
    Originally posted by Digisane

It may be a problem for those already with 10,000 contacts, memos and documents in their devices, not to mention the Bejeweled high score.

I was actually quite mad about my friend pushing me the PPC when all I ask is a PalmOS. Sometimes they're just too blinded by the flashy colors and sounds to see what we actually want.
    Just because your Bejeweled score will not transfer does not mean the PPC is complicated. You just have to get DiamondMine for the PPC and play it. Then, you get to start over and build all new high scores .

Transferring your Contact Information does require some work but it can certainly be done. I know, I did it. But regardless of how that works still has no impact on the PPC device itself.

A PPC device is not for everyone and neither is a Palm. My point is simply to say that neither is more or less complicated than the other. They are just different. This whole debate is no different than the MAC/Windows debate.

People simply prefer what they already know.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    The Pocket PC system may also be easy to use, but does PPC offer as many apps and games than Palm OS does?

There are currently 1,500 apps for the PPC and 16,000 aps for the Palm. Palmgear.com is constantly updated with tons of new software or software updates. You wont find that with PPC.

Palm is also much easier to use. My friend has a PPC and I hate the whole interface on how to get around. Palms interface is so much easier to get used to and more user friendly.

PPC might be powerful and fast, but Palms are becoming just like that too. Sony has been able to create amazingly fast and nifty palms and many other Palms are bound to come out with even more power (The Garmin Sattelite Palm).

Just my 2 cents on why Palm is way better than PPC.

Jonathan
  7.    #7  
    Hey Jonathan, I couldn't have said it better myself