Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 124
Like Tree40Likes
  1.    #1  
    https://github.com/xndcn/veer-touchpanel-driver
    This site is about the touchscreen driver.
    Before then, there is a cn developer(Iam070) has ported ICS on veer,but he can't use the touchscreen,today another cn-developer(Xndcn)do it.
    Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
    The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
    Contact*me:rrrstraw@gmail.com
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
    https://github.com/xndcn/veer-touchpanel-driver
    This site is about the touchscreen driver.
    Before then, there is a cn developer(Iam070) has ported ICS on veer,but he can't use the touchscreen,today another cn-developer(Xndcn)do it.
    Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
    The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
    Contact*me:rrrstraw@gmail.com
    Great!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
    https://github.com/xndcn/veer-touchpanel-driver
    This site is about the touchscreen driver.
    Before then, there is a cn developer(Iam070) has ported ICS on veer,but he can't use the touchscreen,today another cn-developer(Xndcn)do it.
    Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
    The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
    Contact*me:rrrstraw@gmail.com
    looking forward it!!!!
  4.    #4  
    News:
    the Multi-touch and gesture action have completed.
    The app is testing.
    antonio2k likes this.
  5. #5  
    Am I the only one missing why people want Android on the Veer?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    fxspec06 likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Am I the only one missing why people want Android on the Veer?

    Apps, support, community.
    Maybe you forgot, but we are still waiting an update for HP Veer, doesn't count the leaked update, HP don't want release this update and don't care about the bugs we have on the OS.
    The apps are not regulary update, no new apps and you need also to use USUnlocked service to buy the apps from unsupported country.
    Why i have buy an HP Veer? Yes also for webOS, but for the size. I have also an HP Touchpad and this product is supported, apps are update regulary and also the update for the OS.
    Most importantly the HP Touchpad get Open webOS from HP i'm sure, for smartphone like HP Veer we don't know, yes can coming from the community, but i expect official support from HP, specially when they never release an update for fix the annoing bugs.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
    News:
    the Multi-touch and gesture action have completed.
    The app is testing.
    Can you post screenshot? Thanks.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
    Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
    The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
    Don't worry about your English - we can all understand you without any problems
    dadueler and Soorma like this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    Apps, support, community.
    Maybe you forgot, but we are still waiting an update for HP Veer, doesn't count the leaked update, HP don't want release this update and don't care about the bugs we have on the OS.
    The apps are not regulary update, no new apps and you need also to use USUnlocked service to buy the apps from unsupported country.
    Why i have buy an HP Veer? Yes also for webOS, but for the size. I have also an HP Touchpad and this product is supported, apps are update regulary and also the update for the OS.
    Most importantly the HP Touchpad get Open webOS from HP i'm sure, for smartphone like HP Veer we don't know, yes can coming from the community, but i expect official support from HP, specially when they never release an update for fix the annoing bugs.
    You will find the same problem with Android. Part of the lack of updates on the Veer is due to screen size, as Derek mentioned in another thread about Open Mobile on the Veer, sadly you still won't be seeing a flood of apps built for suck a small screen (and a screen size that has no equivalent in Android world).

    I have owned a Veer since July, and even prior to Leo attempting to kill webOS, there was not a lot of app support for the Veer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Vistaus likes this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You will find the same problem with Android. Part of the lack of updates on the Veer is due to screen size, as Derek mentioned in another thread about Open Mobile on the Veer, sadly you still won't be seeing a flood of apps built for suck a small screen (and a screen size that has no equivalent in Android world).

    I have owned a Veer since July, and even prior to Leo attempting to kill webOS, there was not a lot of app support for the Veer.
    The problem is Palm / HP, some apps are update to support the Veer other no, because company like Gameloft have left the platform. Palm - HP don't do anything for developer, watch Nokia and Microsoft, they have do a great job, also RIM.
  11. #11  
    Small screen... It's all about only 80px. 40 px on each side. If touchscreen and display drivers can override touch and image position in some apps - it would be nice.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    The problem is Palm / HP, some apps are update to support the Veer other no, because company like Gameloft have left the platform. Palm - HP don't do anything for developer, watch Nokia and Microsoft, they have do a great job, also RIM.
    The app selection on the Pixi/Veer is not directly related to anything Palm/HP did (other than choosing the screen size). Even when production was in full swing by both Plam and HP, the Pixi/Veer did not receive all applications or all application updates because it took more work for a small segment of what was already a small platform (webOS).


    Quote Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
    Small screen... It's all about only 80px. 40 px on each side. If touchscreen and display drivers can override touch and image position in some apps - it would be nice.
    I don't know enough about Android development to know if this is possible or not... may work, but would still be hit and miss.


    Pre/Pre+/Pre2 apps are sometimes hit and miss on the Pre3, where they run fine on all 3 of the other devices.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Vistaus likes this.
  13. #13  
    I'll buy a Veer if this happens. Same developer advantages that I get with my TouchPad ..

    Although I'd rather see it on the Pre 3, there are still Veers available in the world. And it's not an either/or choice
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14. #14  
    I have a spare Veer lying around waiting for this to happen!
  15. #15  
    put this on a pre 2, and i'll have a dedicated android smartphone. because, you know, i have an extra pre 2 lying around. just like everyone else.

    y'all don't have spare pre 2's lying around?!?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  16. #16  
    I seriously use that phone for 4 things.

    Phone.
    SMS.
    freeTether.
    freeTether.

    it would be nice to push a button, talk into it, and have it send an SMS.....available in Android. I could see myself using that.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  17. #17  
    I'm tired of my Veer freezing all the time so I'm all over this.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  18. #18  
    <<thread moved>>

    While the hardware is a Veer, the discussion is about another OS. The Veer forum is for questions pertaining to webOS.

    Thank you
  19. #19  
    wow i'm waiting!!!! really happy for this news!!!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions