Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By EvanKr
  1.    #1  
    I can't help but think that this device would be compared to the Veer, even though it appears that the Veer has it beat on screen and camera resolution.

Samsung Galaxy Pocket is cheapest Galaxy yet | TG Daily
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The Veer beats it in every way because it runs webOS!
    Rnp and g7 like this.
  3.    #3  
    There is that, but I was thinking about all the people who complained that the Veer was too small. Are they going to be predicting doom and gloom for this phone, saying that whoever approved this at Samsung must have lost their mind, etc. You know...the same sort of stuff that was mentioned about the Veer?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    There is that, but I was thinking about all the people who complained that the Veer was too small. Are they going to be predicting doom and gloom for this phone, saying that whoever approved this at Samsung must have lost their mind, etc. You know...the same sort of stuff that was mentioned about the Veer?
    Samsung didn't lose their mind. They probably had a plethora of 800 MHz processors from last year's entry level line up, and many 2.8" displays from feature phones, and needed to use them up. However, I do agree that like the Veer, this may not take off mainly because of the display. I personally don't mind the Veer's small screen, but everybody has their own opinion. I personally wouldn't buy it because of its lackluster specs; an 800 MHz processor may be fine with webOS, but with Android you'll be drowning in lag and fragmentation. Also, no keyboard, let's hope that it doesn't come with that T9 keyboard that the Erricson Mini used.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Had this been only the second device that Samsung ever made, I would agree with you. However this fills a gap that Samsung had in their rather large portfolio of products.

If they hold a special event to proclaim how this small phone is the greatest thing since sliced bread, i would also agree with you. However Samsung is smart enough, unlike a company that has two letter initials for a name, to bet their a third of their future on this device.