1.    #1  
    Chrome for Android beta launches with place shifting, faster rendering, and card view | The Verge

Check the video. Josh seems to think (and I agree) that Google will make this the standard browser for Android sooner rather than later.
    That browser looks awesome, I think I'm about to install CM9 on my Touchpad just to try it out.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Yes it's awesome. I'm running it on my Galaxy Nexus with ICS (sadly my Pre- slowly disintegrated and I had to get a new phone - still enjoying my TP though).
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    That browser looks awesome, I think I'm about to install CM9 on my Touchpad just to try it out.
    I'm more interested in a webOS port. Will the mobile version of Chrome be open source too? I haven't read anything about this.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Well the card view seems interesting.
    I think Google now admit that Android stock browser not good enough, and plan to replace it with Chrome.
    still tho without flash its pretty limiting, even tho mobile flash is doomed, it still exists and will do for a while on the PC platform so wont ever truely die out, plus theres plenty of sites still using it, some are even essential, or "must have" type sites the general internet populace want access too.
    Beyond speed and sync, tab management is a focal point in Chrome, which adapts an almost webOS-like interface (in fact, the app's official announcement post describes managing tabs "as if you're holding a deck of cards in the palm of your hands").
    Nice!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this guy made 1 post and was banned? That seems very odd
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    still tho without flash its pretty limiting, even tho mobile flash is doomed, it still exists and will do for a while on the PC platform so wont ever truely die out, plus theres plenty of sites still using it, some are even essential, or "must have" type sites the general internet populace want access too.
    maybe 2 years ago...most major websites have mobile sites or recognize a mobile platform and switch video to HTML.

Not saying having flash wasn't a good option, but i barely find i use it with my Evo.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    this guy made 1 post and was banned? That seems very odd
    He/she had many posts in a thread about app piracy. This thread has been closed and I'm quite sure the ban is related.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)