Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is correct. I'm thinking a combination of the charging signal, and a particular accelerometer range of values, will be able to distinguish touchstone from regular USB charging.

-- Rod
    You might want to try the Tasker app to do things like this.

For instance, when you connect a charger at the office you might set up this:
    TRIGGER: Charge ON AND GPS location within 20m of office.
    ACTION: Unlock, start Gmail, Brightness up, WiFi on, Bluetooth off, Sound ON
    ON EXIT: Brightness down, WiFi off, Bluetooth on, Vibrate

At home, Tasker could do something different when you dock. In the car something different else. This profile is close but does not look at location.

At school, church, etc., it could set to turn off sound and vibrate automatically.

Here are some sample Tasker "profiles" like this. Tasker just creates and uses little xml files. I like the one that wakes you up early if the weather is bad.

Also see: [GUIDE] Galaxy Nexus MOD for Palm Touchstone without soldering!
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/16/2012 at 08:02 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    You might want to try the Tasker app to do things like this.

For instance, when you connect a charger at the office you might set up this:
    TRIGGER: Charge ON AND GPS location within 20m of office.
    ACTION: Unlock, start Gmail, Brightness up, WiFi on, Bluetooth off, Sound ON
    ON EXIT: Brightness down, WiFi off, Bluetooth on, Vibrate

At home, Tasker could do something different when you dock. In the car something different else. This profile is close but does not look at location.

At school, church, etc., it could set to turn off sound and vibrate automatically.

Here are some sample Tasker "profiles" like this. Tasker just creates and uses little xml files. I like the one that wakes you up early if the weather is bad.

Also see: [GUIDE] Galaxy Nexus MOD for Palm Touchstone without soldering!
    I was actually referring to how to distinguish it if the Nexus S was running webOS in some alternative future.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks, I was preparing to do a nokia lumia 710. I'll post up so photos when I do so, another couple of weeks.

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    It will burn an image of the current time and your daily calendar appointments into your bagel...but you will still have to butter it yourself...that feature isn't available in webOS 2.x.x...
    Sorry to quote myself...sign of impending mental breakdown... but this just in...if you help reach the next goal in the TouchPad Totalizer

The TouchPad Totalizer : Astraware

...Then the Toaster will also burn in an image of the daily Suduko puzzle.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Sorry to quote myself...sign of impending mental breakdown... but this just in...if you help reach the next goal in the TouchPad Totalizer

The TouchPad Totalizer : Astraware

...Then the Toaster will also burn in an image of the daily Suduko puzzle.
    We love this idea!
    This is cool and I can see the hack making to any hack with a removable cover. Is there anything there to prevent from overcharging?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    This is cool and I can see the hack making to any hack with a removable cover. Is there anything there to prevent from overcharging?
    It's no different to leaving it plugged in to the USB charger.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12