Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Yeah i hear ya. I will say, i don't know why ANYONE would be a budget android device over a Windows Phone.

Performance of a free windows phone is MILES better than your user experience on a cheap android device.

Pretty much buying anything less than top of the line android phone to me is a mistake. Esp. with a cheap iPhone 4 and Windows Phone on the market.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Any word on Sprint getting any new Windows phone or are they mainly going Android and iPhone.

The HTC Arive would be perfect for me except that it is missing the second camera I want/need.

I wont switch to AT&T as it has aweful reception where I live. Verizon is just too expensive but the company I work for offers employee discounts. But then I loose the unlimited plan I currently have.

Why cant life be easy??
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    Any word on Sprint getting any new Windows phone or are they mainly going Android and iPhone.
    Unfortunately, a Sprint VP said they don't really have any interest in Windows Phone. He left a little wiggle room on the possibility of phones with Apollo though.
    I was a win dummy before I was reborn to webOS.....am curious about Mango have to check it out next time I go to the carrier store
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    That encapsulates a large part of my dislike of the whole WP7 thing - it's so "in your face".

Or should I say "in your facebook"?
    for the most part i would agree. though i prefer using windows, looks wise i much prefer the look of the apple os x. It's more monochrome, more subtle, i like the different shades of grey, silver, brushed silver ect with pops of color here and there. By contrast windows from the logo to much of the OS is kinda bright. the windows logo is now a rainbow. Interestingly apple moved away for that old rainbow logo. vista was kinda like a bright blue menu when you hit the start menu. Windows xp was similar. Though you could change it to grey but you still had that bright green logo. for the record windows 7 is better, or at least i have it set up better cause it's more transparent and my background is monochrome. But i even once downloaded a program to replace the windows logo with one that was simply grey and black. But i think it shows sort of a different design philosophy and style between two companies. one has moved towards that less "pop" more monochrome, less bright look and the other has gone, in the phone space, more bright colors and bold kinda like the windows logo. I think whether you like one or the other i think will often be a matter of tastes. It's why i say it's not for me but in the same breath don't think it's bad or crap or all that stuff people like to spew about an os they don't want. I could use wp7, it doesn't offend me, it's just not my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Yeah i hear ya. I will say, i don't know why ANYONE would be a budget android device over a Windows Phone.

Performance of a free windows phone is MILES better than your user experience on a cheap android device.

Pretty much buying anything less than top of the line android phone to me is a mistake. Esp. with a cheap iPhone 4 and Windows Phone on the market.
    if someone's buying a budget phone performance is probably not their highest priority. Price and aesthetic preference may be the deciding factor.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    an interesting comment about Windows Phone from Sprint and not really good news for WP7.

Owens, a Senior VP at the Now Network, also opined on the software we can expect to see on 2012 Sprint phones, noting that Android and the iPhone are in dominant positions while Windows Phone has a lot of catching up to do. He's seeing little consumer enthusiasm for Microsoft's mobile platform and believes it's up to the software vendor to excite user interest before Sprint commits more resources and shelf space to it. As to Sprint's time selling Windows Phone so far, Owens says that "the number-one reason the product was returned was the user experience."
    Sprint is done with WiMAX phones, seeing little enthusiasm for Windows Phone | The Verge

pretty tough words and bad news for the less popular platforms.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Sprint can't afford to properly support a new OS. I think they got really scared after the whole WebOS thing...so they are going to be sticking to sure bet iPhone and android devices for the foreseeable future i'm sure.

AT&T looks to be the marquee Windows Phone carrier for the time being. Also good to see T-Mobile PROPERLY advertising their two windows phones....its the featured device on their website and they are using it in their latest commercial. Also banners were hanging in front of my local T-Mobile store..

HTC Radar was also in the top 3 selling phones for November and December at T-Mobile.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12