Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
Like Tree34Likes
  1. #41  
    5. True, I get that your Palm account takes these over however, outside of my webOS device that has absolutely no bearing. When google takes them over, that means they are now google contacts for all intents and purposes and that is a lot more ubiquitous in my (and I'm sure most everyone's) online life.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    5. All of your webOS contacts are in one place too. Palm also just takes them all over. How is this different? In Android you can choose what groups of contact you want to see such as work, family, friends, etc.

    6. See the Gmail tips for how to set it up. All of your email goes into Gmail. When you send out you chose what account you want to use. They are coded so you know what account each email came to. You also set up the color codes for each calendar.
    Very similar to #5. I want them in the same app on my phone but I do not want to have to look through all of my work emails every time I load gmail from a computer etc.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    Well put. I agree with you on most everything. However the one comment that you, and several other have had... I don't get. The mail app? Everyone keeps complaining about needing two separate apps and how they miss synergy, but I have a yahoo email, and a gMail; I can access both through the stock mail app, with push notifications. It is absolutely just like WebOS. I don't know if there is something I am missing, but I don't see the issue :-/
    Very possible I just haven't figured this out yet. But how are you accomplishing that? when you say the "stock mail app" do you not mean the gmail app? If you mean the generic email app then yes, they can all be there. however, then you lose the threaded conversations offered by the gmail app ( I realize that this is the same problem with webOS, but if you aren't going to get that, then why have an android phone?).
  4. #44  
    Any other Sprint users considering this phone over the evo 4g lte? I am debating leaving my FrankenPre2 for this. I want a better camera and app support. Nexus looks cooler to me vs evo 4g lte, as I dont know if I'm sold on "sense" ui?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Any other Sprint users considering this phone over the evo 4g lte? I am debating leaving my FrankenPre2 for this. I want a better camera and app support. Nexus looks cooler to me vs evo 4g lte, as I dont know if I'm sold on "sense" ui?
    I am actually looking at the same decision. I already pre-ordered my nexus and will be leaving my frankenpre 2. There are two reasons I'm choosing the nexus; the first being the possibility of porting open webOS to it in the fall and the other is simply because sprint won't pick up a WP until the fall. If it wasn't for the hope of the port then I would hold out for the HTC or the SGIII.

    I plan on doing the battery mod so I can still use my touchstones. That is something that I don't want to lose.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I am actually looking at the same decision. I already pre-ordered my nexus and will be leaving my frankenpre 2. There are two reasons I'm choosing the nexus; the first being the possibility of porting open webOS to it in the fall and the other is simply because sprint won't pick up a WP until the fall. If it wasn't for the hope of the port then I would hold out for the HTC or the SGIII.

    I plan on doing the battery mod so I can still use my touchstones. That is something that I don't want to lose.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on a webOS port in the fall. Just saying.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on a webOS port in the fall. Just saying.
    Why do you need deflate his optimism? You have no better information than he has.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Why do you need deflate his optimism? You have no better information than he has.
    I'm just saying webOS wont be open source until then. And even then, someone has to attempt it. And even then it will take some time to port. I want webOS on my android phone just as much but it probably wont be until at least next year. If he's making a decision about a phone based on if webOS will be on android phones in the fall, I just say its most likely to come later. Everyone can hope though. Including me. I'm not here to troll. Lol

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions