Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By milominderbinde
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys sprint is offering me a Samsung Conquer for free and I been thinking to get a plam pre 2 and sprinting it or the iphone 4 for $100. My pre I have now has been destroyed. So I would have to get another palm pre minus to get the radio out of it.

Anyway I don't know anything about the Conquer besides it 4g and andriod. I really want to know if any use to be pre owners have one and what they think about the Conquer they have now. And is it a good phone to swap too. If not I might go with and iphone 4.... Please come back to the phone business webos!!!!!
    Last edited by balla2g2; 12/21/2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: not the iphone 4s but i phone 4
    Might I ask how you can get the iPhone 4s for $100?

Thanks

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  3.    #3  
    sorry not the 4s but the regular 4 sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    Hi guys sprint is offering me a Samsung Conquer for free...
    Sprint is offering it to you for about $2000 over a 24 month contract. Spend the extra $200 and get the one you want. Take a look at phonearena's comparison chart. There are reasons why it is "free".

The Conquer is 1/4 the definition and half the screen area, with a lower def camera, and half the internal memory of current phones. It has no DLNA, HDMI, and will be one of the last of the single core phones. The specs are so low, Ice Cream Sandwich can never run on it.

Before you consider an Apple, there were a list of issues that everyone thought would be fixed with the iPhone 5. Unfortunately they released the iPhone 4S instead. Take a look at the 37 Features Still Missing From the iPhone 4S. Are your hands small enough: Sizing Chart: What is the Right Size Phone?

But in the end, get whatever feels best to you. Two years is 730 days. Every day. All day. Spend the extra 30 cents a day and get the one you want.
    suprolla likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Sprint is offering it to you for about $2000 over a 24 month contract. Spend the extra $200 and get the one you want. Take a look at phonearena's comparison chart. There are reasons why it is "free".

The Conquer is 1/4 the definition and half the screen area, with a lower def camera, and half the internal memory of current phones. It has no DLNA, HDMI, and will be one of the last of the single core phones. The specs are so low, Ice Cream Sandwich can never run on it.

Before you consider an Apple, there were a list of issues that everyone thought would be fixed with the iPhone 5. Unfortunately they released the iPhone 4S instead. Take a look at the 37 Features Still Missing From the iPhone 4S. Are your hands small enough: Sizing Chart: What is the Right Size Phone?

But in the end, get whatever feels best to you. Two years is 730 days. Every day. All day. Spend the extra 30 cents a day and get the one you want.
    Thanks alot for all the info. I really would be happy with a pre 2 with sprint on it. Its so weird why I feel like this. In the past before 2009 I bought phones just for price "cheap" but since i had my first pre things changed. Now I find it hard to be impressed by a new phone. Whats wrong with me. I got to make a choice soon so I got to get it together.
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    Thanks alot for all the info. I really would be happy with a pre 2 with sprint on it. Its so weird why I feel like this. In the past before 2009 I bought phones just for price "cheap" but since i had my first pre things changed. Now I find it hard to be impressed by a new phone. Whats wrong with me. I got to make a choice soon so I got to get it together.
    The Conquer has specs from 2009. You are trying to replace a 2009 phone, not get another.

730 days at 30 cents a day gets you the Epic 4G Touch that I feel is better than the Nexus for a list of reasons. But that is just personal preference.

Why I Prefer the Galaxy S II Over the Galaxy Nexus

Start by taking a look at the Palm webOS User's Guide to Android and the Phone Comparison.

Take your time and really try them all for quite a while and see what feels best to you. Get whatever you want. Life is short. You use your phone all day, every day.