Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    If on sticks tightly to the core built-in apps in Android, then it's by far better just to leave the background services run on their own terms. But the problem with Android is that since you have an app for almost everything, you usually install so many 3rd party apps that you end up using only once in a while. Whereas most of them try to sneak into a sticky seat (usually unnecessary and sometimes even malicious )in the background and suck up your resources nonstop. For me that's why android always seems to be a higher maintenance OS that screams for constant care so as to run in a lean manner. There is an app I remember to manage the auto launch dependence for other apps, and I have to say I was shocked by a lot of 3rd party apps' default auto launch philosophy.
    One can't blame google for having too many apps in the pool, or the control there lack of. But it is a fact that with only an occasional JStop I'm perfectly happy with all my WebOS devices's back ground status. Whereas I can't say the same for any android devices that I've used.
    If on sticks tightly to the core built-in apps in Android, then it's by far better just to leave the background services run on their own terms. But the problem with Android is that since you have an app for almost everything, you usually install so many 3rd party apps that you end up using only once in a while. Whereas most of them try to sneak into a sticky seat (usually unnecessary and sometimes even malicious )in the background and suck up your resources nonstop. For me that's why android always seems to be a higher maintenance OS that screams for constant care so as to run in a lean manner. There is an app I remember to manage the auto launch dependence for other apps, and I have to say I was shocked by a lot of 3rd party apps' default auto launch philosophy.
    One can't blame google for having too many apps in the pool, or the control there lack of. But it is a fact that with only an occasional JStop I'm perfectly happy with all my WebOS devices's back ground status. Whereas I can't say the same for any android devices that I've used.
    Excellent post! My son and I touched on this issue when I noticed he was using a task killer on his phone every time it started up. He has a ton of third party apps and they all seem to want to start themselves on boot. I told him he needed to go into the settings of each app and see if there is an option to not start on boot. With the number of apps he has it is going to be a hard chore so I predict he will be using the task killer for a while.

Even though Google is trying not to be evil, Android is starting to remind me more and more of Microsoft Windows. Allowing programs to autostart without the user's knowledge, clogging up the system, is just like every of the versions of Windows since 95 SP2. I hope webOS does not emulate this now that it is open source.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    k4ever, you're right, I was being an *****.

Merry Christmas!!

Edit: those *'s should be another name for a mule.
    No worries. Merry Christmas to you also!

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    One would hope that there does become a good auto-start system, but that it does require user interaction to allow it to happen first.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123