Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wayenberg
  1.    #1  
    Smartwatch: i´mWatch. Video. (Android OS)
    Multi-tasking, easy to use and love: touch, drag, swipe or pinch.

Slick, thin and ergonomic, i'm Watch is made to be part of you. And it’s always with you by all means: phone, web, music, radio, organizer, photo, video, and whatever App you may come up with. Born for multi-tasking exploit, i'm Watch is so fast and simple to use that everything else will be left behind, likely on your car backseat.

Would you buy it ?

P.S CES 2012 Exhibitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Smartwatch: i´mWatch. Video. (Android OS)
    Multi-tasking, easy to use and love: touch, drag, swipe or pinch.

Slick, thin and ergonomic, i'm Watch is made to be part of you. And it’s always with you by all means: phone, web, music, radio, organizer, photo, video, and whatever App you may come up with. Born for multi-tasking exploit, i'm Watch is so fast and simple to use that everything else will be left behind, likely on your car backseat.

Would you buy it ?

P.S CES 2012 Exhibitor.
    I would buy this one if it had a webOS app to interface with. This watch together with my Veer would make a great team! Don't know the price though.

Update: Euro 280/311, for the 64/128Mb version. I'll wait a bit longer.....
    Last edited by renater; 01/21/2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: price update
    Video's been removed from YouTube.

"i'm Watch...."
    This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
    NBC Universal
    Microsoft
    Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland
    Sorry about that.
    Mb's????

Funny they can make a 16GB micro card smaller than a postage stamp, but max capacity is 128Mb for the watch
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Video's been removed from YouTube.

Mb's????

Funny they can make a 16GB micro card smaller than a postage stamp, but max capacity is 128Mb for the watch
    Yes, megabytes RAM, but they include a 4gb Flash Drive!
    http://www.imwatch.it/nz-en/smartwatch/specs/

Not sure what happened with video, here is another link for who is interested:

I've ordered one in January, and expect it in April.
    I guess I could pair it with my Pre the way it works with a touchchpad

Could this workaround help me to compensate the lack of Bluetooth tethering (BluetoothMD connectivity)?

Compatible smartphones and o.s.

Many i’m Watch features*require an internet connection via Bluetooth™ tethering and the main*operating systems and/or phones that offer this technology are:
    Android*(HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc)
    BlackBerry®
    iOS® (Apple*iPhone®)
    Bada*(Samsung)
    Symbian® (Nokia)
    Windows® Phone
    Important
    Not all versions of the same operating system allow tethering via Bluetooth™.
    Not all phone versions allow tethering via Bluetooth™.
    Not all mobile carriers allow tethering via Bluetooth™.
    Notes:*the i’m Watch functionalities, on devices that allow it*(Android, BlackBerry®), are possible even in the absence of internet*connection through the app i'm Synk.
    Notes:*SMS notifications will be enabled through devices and those which support the Bluetooth® protocol "Message Access Profile"*(MAP).
    Notes:*i'm Watch does not consist in a stand alone phone and thus requires the connection to another phone device.
    Last edited by Wayenberg; 03/17/2012 at 03:11 AM.
    As far as I know the patch doesn't work with Touchpad webOS 3.x. You might get it to work with CM9 on TP. Love to hear you experience with either Pre phone or Touchpad when you receive it.

If they just add the webOS logo to their website, they'll have me as another customer.
    Well, I think it is a nice alternative to the touchpad while on the go for all notifications: I won't make calls with the watch (at times listening the voicemail in my car)…
    I see no use pairing the watch with the tablet though.

More than a geek gadget, it is a good successor to my Polar watch for workout, it has the sensors for that use (but no cardio belt at this point)…
    Last edited by Wayenberg; 03/17/2012 at 03:08 AM.
    I just received a shipping info check mail from I'mWatch, which leaded in a form where I was asked which smartphone I was on.
    I was surprised to see HP Pre3 among the several models popping up in the model list.

Does it mean the watch and the Pre will pair and work seamlessly, that is the question...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayenberg View Post
    I just received a shipping info check mail from I'mWatch, which leaded in a form where I was asked which smartphone I was on.
    I was surprised to see HP Pre3 among the several models popping up in the model list.

Does it mean the watch and the Pre will pair and work seamlessly, that is the question...
    The pairing might work, not clear whether that's enough to make all the functions work.I thought you needed an app to fully utilise the watch. Obviously there isn't an app for the pre3 unless a homebrew developer had access to the watch and some spare time. Would likely be frontpage webosnation news if it comes with a Pre3 app from the manufacturer.

Please post your experience once it arrives. I'm still on the fence.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I am very curious about it too.
    I would really love yo give my pre3 such a compagnon.
    Please let us know.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I'll leave news as soon I receive it! Will post a video on webosfrance in french, guess Freetheter will allow all functions running...
    Well the watch arrived yesterday, and it's quite disappointing.
    It pairs with my Pre2 and 3, and the phone connection is working.
    It is fine for avoiding leaving the Pre on the table while having a meal, or on a desk during a meeting; incoming calls can be monitored without disturbance for others.
    But it's big, and not that good looking with a suit.
    And the main thing is that the Pre cannot be used for tethering data with bluetooth, even with freetether and the PAN function turned on.
    The software is not fluent, and android is not my cup of tea, specially on this narrow screen; and, even thought it was released in June, there is still no external App developped.
    The sensors that could be used for sports activities do not exist at this time:

I'm about to sell it on eBay soon.
    akitayo likes this.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks for your feedback.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I laughed when I heard the comment from the guy showing the watch when he was asked about battery life. 'You get 2 days battery. And if you use it, you get about a 1/2 day.' LOL
  15.    #15  
    vaporware bad for Sony.