Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Fried Chicken
  • 2 Post By Mikey47
  1.    #1  
    And I can't believe it, I'm starting to miss my original Palm Pre.

I can't put a finger on it, but compared to WebOS, iOS just isn't as intuitive.
    I felt like the WebOS had a slightly higher learning curve, but the rewards were massive. Simple things like swipe to go back, the way notifications work, gesture area + clicking --> new window, and finally swiping applications around.

It's all so much better than the iPhone which almost childishly requires you to wait for something to load before allowing you to push the button to have it do something.

WebOS has waaayyy too much potential for it to die now. I am absolutely astounded how much I actually miss my *original* palm pre.

There are many things the iPhone 4S does better, but considering all the hype and the market share, I was genuinely expecting more.

And this is coming from an apple ****** (I've been using Macs since before the intel transition, yaaa)
    mivoligo and Sapient2k7 like this.
    what did you expect more than what it supposed to do?
    I really think a lot of people give the iphone more credit than its due while ignoring its faults. Kinda like blasphemy
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    what did you expect more than what it supposed to do?
    Sounds more like it's a case of HOW it does it. I've used the iPhone 4s as well as Android and they always feel clunky to me. I'm sure that I would get use to them, but the basic UI in webOS is pure genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
    And I can't believe it, I'm starting to miss my original Palm Pre.

I can't put a finger on it, but compared to WebOS, iOS just isn't as intuitive.
    I felt like the WebOS had a slightly higher learning curve, but the rewards were massive. Simple things like swipe to go back, the way notifications work, gesture area + clicking --> new window, and finally swiping applications around.

It's all so much better than the iPhone which almost childishly requires you to wait for something to load before allowing you to push the button to have it do something.

WebOS has waaayyy too much potential for it to die now. I am absolutely astounded how much I actually miss my *original* palm pre.

There are many things the iPhone 4S does better, but considering all the hype and the market share, I was genuinely expecting more.

And this is coming from an apple ****** (I've been using Macs since before the intel transition, yaaa)
    Agree completely and same here on using Macs, I also had an iPhone 4s on Sprint for about 2 weeks and ended up taking ours back because of 3g cell problems.

I've been using and supporting iPhones and IOS for a number of years so it isn't that complicated for me, but it sure take about 12 extra steps to do anything and I simply expected more from the number 1 smartphone platform.

Actually, Apple needs to step up their game and get their heads out of the sand with everyone from Google, Microsoft and otherwise innovating their way into existence. Android doesn't quite work for me either, but it is a little better and I sure dislike Apple's so-called Multitasking (double-click swipe, close, re-open...). Yikes, if this is what Apple did to make their devices more useful and save battery life...they've failed miserably especially with the latest iPhone 4s.

Heck, I'd love Apple to buy webOS and finally make IOS a decent platform to move forward on. Not going to happen though, that would make Apple look like they need someone else to innovate and survive and we all know that's not going to happen.

Either way, wife and I are now looking at moving back to Verizon after 2.5 years and maybe even going the iPhone 4 route that's cheaper, doesn't require a contract if we buy them used, and can be hacked to make more like webOS.

Things are WAY to complicated in the Mobile arenas. Sorli...
    Same here....all Mac family, including an iPad. I absolutely hate iOS and will continue with our webOS devices as long as possible. (4 Touchpads, Pre2, Pre, 3 Pixi's and 2 Veers in boxes for christmas)...........selling the iPad to pay for most all of them...LOL

Tried to help my ex with her Andriod phone.....are you kidding me...what a mess!

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzeppi View Post
    Tried to help my ex with her Andriod phone.....are you kidding me...what a mess!
    Your ex or her android device?
    eh, only reason for the iphone is the apps and now maybe siri.

otherwise, the best solution for me is using my pre2, with free tether, and the ipod touch, which takes up no space in my pocket.
    <thread moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    ...but it sure take about 12 extra steps to do anything and I simply expected more from the number 1 smartphone platform...
    Using exaggerations does not help your case in anyone thinking you are anything other than a phanboy (I still can't believe the proper spelling of that word gets censored here) of a particular platform.
    verwon and SnotBoogie like this.