this is still pre-season.

what the hell is an "alltell?" :-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Don't think it is going to be a rumble, I think it is going to be a no contest.

First it is at the wrong price point because the market wants both features and price. Kyocera missed its early adopter window. Suddenly there is futureware in the 7135's rear view mirror, and that product will absolutely shut it down and make it one of the quicker has beens in history. Can you imagine what a missmatch an OS 5 third generation Treo and a 7135 will be?
  3.    #4  
    Originally posted by rvwink
    Don't think it is going to be a rumble, I think it is going to be a no contest.

First it is at the wrong price point because the market wants both features and price. Kyocera missed its early adopter window. Suddenly there is futureware in the 7135's rear view mirror, and that product will absolutely shut it down and make it one of the quicker has beens in history. Can you imagine what a missmatch an OS 5 third generation Treo and a 7135 will be?
    Third generation? I guess generation two is so bad they aren't releasing it?
    I think the first generation Treo was the 180. The Treo 300 was a second generation product in my mind, because of all of the technical improvements plus the additional ease of use. So the OS 5 would be a third generation, but it won't bother me if you choose to call it second generations because it is just semantics. I have heard Donna at a cc talk about the Visor Phone as a learning experience and say we have 4 generations so far counting each Treo as a generation.