Hi all,

FYI....see link.

Take care,

Jay

Team Xron Android Custom ROM for HP TouchPad
    Under: Google Android, Tablet PC
    Date: November 8th, 2011

Team Xron Android Custom ROM for HP TouchPad » Phone Reviews

The HP TouchPad tablet received Google Android thanks to the CyanogenMod team, and today a new Android custom ROM has been developed by Team Xron. This is a remix version of CM7 software, basically giving the tablet PC a new look.

Team Xron has designed a new Android ROM for the HP TouchPad, that replaces some of the icons in CyanogenMod with versions designed that look a lot like Android 3.x Honeycomb icons.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    johnnychingas99 likes this.
    is there a full write up? or just the video tutorial?

Thanks in advance
    So they created the equivalent of a theme in Preware?
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    LOL Yes, that and they got an article talking about their ability to skin. whoohoo
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So they created the equivalent of a theme in Preware?
    Or more correctly, in android terms, they have created a rom to do something that CM7 does natively via it's themes manager...

What a waste of time - if anyone using CM7 wants this look, they can download the theme from the market and change to it in one click.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Or more correctly, in android terms, they have created a rom to do something that CM7 does natively via it's themes manager...

What a waste of time - if anyone using CM7 wants this look, they can download the theme from the market and change to it in one click.
    ... at least they became famous for a few seconds
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    A LOT of Android ROMs are basically nothing more than user-interface themes plastered on someone else's core work. Same thing happened when I had a Viewsonic G-Tablet. Some good legit non-CM7 ROMs came and went, but far too many of the kind you're reading about above.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    A LOT of Android ROMs are basically nothing more than user-interface themes plastered on someone else's core work. Same thing happened when I had a Viewsonic G-Tablet. Some good legit non-CM7 ROMs came and went, but far too many of the kind you're reading about above.
    And users put up with having to reflash their whole device just to install a theme? Weird.

-- Rod
    Fortunately they typically flashed through Clockwork Recovery, so if you'd done a full system/app Titanium Backup sync'd to Dropbox prior, it was a "no harm, no foul" proposition to switch back to the prior pristine build. Still, many of those ROMs were just a waste of time and space, especially when those themes posing as genuine-effort ROMs were nothing of the sort.

The only real "theme" based ROM that made any headway was the Norton Ink ROM which included many of the system apps along with the unique UI. Ran slow as hell, but an A for effort in keeping the visual fidelity.

I think I had a dozen different ROMs available on my tablet by the time I sold it off for my Touchpad, mostly because I was lazy and didn't clean off the cruft.
    yes this is one huge disadvantage of android: you need to reflash a whole friggin rom every time to get some changes big and/or small. WebOS is sooo convenient in this and many many many other aspects! I like Gingerbread (finally official) android on my Epic but I LOVE WebOS on a tablet. Unlike Honeycomb, which to me seems so confusing and cluttered even compared to Gingerbread, WebOS is so nice and clean... and ugh just awesome
    mypolardog likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    yes this is one huge disadvantage of android: you need to reflash a whole friggin rom every time to get some changes big and/or small. WebOS is sooo convenient in this and many many many other aspects! I like Gingerbread (finally official) android on my Epic but I LOVE WebOS on a tablet. Unlike Honeycomb, which to me seems so confusing and cluttered even compared to Gingerbread, WebOS is so nice and clean... and ugh just awesome
    BTW, that convenience is not a part of webOS itself, but the architecture of the homebrew packaging standards designed and deployed by WebOS Internals.

It could be done on Android as well if anyone in that community took leadership and architected it for the convenience of the users rather than for the ability of such "devs" to take "l33t propz" for "Cooking ROMz".

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    joen05, HelloNNNewman and T-Pad like this.