Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    How much are you getting? I'm curious considering this earlier comment:

I get 36-48 hours out of my iPhone 4s for (totally unscientific!) comparison; though I usually charge it each night, I can happily use it all of a second day if I forget.
    I've had a day of unusually quick discharge, but i think every phone can depending on an app or perhaps a service gets stuck. But at the longest i have lasted a full weekend:

If you can't read it its:
    37% battery remaining
    Estimated time remaining: 9 Hours
    Time since last charge: 1 day 11 hours

This was at home on wifi. Generally out and about i can last over 24 hours...most times I have no need to charge when i go to bed as i generally end my night around 40%.

On heavy days it still lasts as worst as say the best day on my Evo (12 hours).

But seriously....i don't micromanage my battery life anymore like i did with my Pre and Evo..i also don't top off charge everytime i go out. For the most part, i charge once a day usually at night or in the morning at work, then i'm all set.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    How much are you getting? I'm curious considering this earlier comment:

I get 36-48 hours out of my iPhone 4s for (totally unscientific!) comparison; though I usually charge it each night, I can happily use it all of a second day if I forget.
    Since the battery update, I don't have the problem mentioned in that comment, I pretty much go a day, a day and half with no problem depending on what I am doing.
    My Venue Pro usually lasts about 9-12 hours before I have to plug it in, so I still try and top it off as much as possible. That being said, I have low signal at work, and it's definitely better than any webOS device I've had (CDMA Pre, Pre2, GSM Veer, Pre 3).
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Battery life on my Samsung Focus is definitely better than the Pre+.. at least a good day and a half on a full charge, and even on a partial charge I dont worry that it will die before I get back home or to the car charger.

The transmitter also seems stronger too. Places that used to be dead spots work now.

The only thing the Focus is bad at is actually making calls. The earpiece speaker is so muffled and low that I have to put every call on speakerphone. Fortunately thats not my primary use for it - it's mostly a data lifeline with schedule & contact management
    My wifi transmitter is easily the strongest of my last 3 phones on my Arrive.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    If I had to choose another mobile OS, it may be Windows Phone 7, but the lack of true multitasking, Flash and a universal search really deture me. However, with all of its built in capabilities and its buttery-smoothness it looks pretty good. Microsoft's done a good job standardizing hardware, and optimizing the OS.

For me, webOS is still the perfect piece of software. Besides that, RIM's upcoming BB10 actually looks quite appealing. I'm interested in seeing their upcoming portrait slider.
    so I'm at a crossroads with my vzw pre2. Love webOS beyond anything, don't worry about apps since I free tether to my ipod touch...but the lack of promise for open webOS on SMARTPHONES is worrisome,and lately the phone has been randomly rebooting 2 times a day,sometimes more.

I am staying on verizon, would love to get a pre3 but the price over 400 for an unsupported phone is daunting.

unfortunately on vzw its only about androids and the iphone. The lonely device is the htc trophy.

been following this thread...I'm no stranger to windows, using microsoft products exclusively (desktops, laptops) and even had windows mobile phones..."samsung Saga" and omnia, while waiting for vzw to release a palm phone. I'm willing to try microsoft's phones, but I see alot of webOS in wp7's journey...which is worrisome.

has anyone used an htc trophy and is it anygood? And are there rumors of any new wp7 devices coming to vzw?

and lastly, being a physician, are there any medical apps for wp7?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    and lastly, being a physician, are there any medical apps for wp7?
    This part you can check yourself:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/marketplace
    I am trying out a Windows Phone (HTC Trophy) after using Pre+ and Pre2 on Verizon. Was really happy with my Pre2, but just looking at the future.

Trying to set up some email accounts and am already missing WebOS. I have an IMAP account for work that was working perfectly with push notifications for my email. I got them almost instantly. I set up the account on the Windows Phone and find out that you can't do push for imap. The shortest option is a check every 15 min. So I set up a linked pop account in Hotmail and it will do push, but it's not super fast. Took maybe 5 minutes.

And, ***, no LED notification???? Yeah, unlike WebOS, the LED will not blink for SMS or emails. It does blink for phone calls though. At least that's better than iOS. It doesn't blink for anything.

But, the Windows Phone is fast, smooth and a great size. Don't know if I will keep it or revert back to my Pre2.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234