Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    I know there are a number of other topics out there discussing this, but I have had a look at a couple of Android devices out there and matched them up with the Pre 3.

I think, for the people that ARE interested, this might prove useful for someone with the skills to port Android over to the Pre 3.

The following phones have an (almost) identical chipset:

SE Experia Arc
    SE Experia Neo
    SE Experia Play

HTC Incredible S

These phones have the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset (1ghz) while the Pre 3 has the MSM8x55 chipset, which I think, basically is an upgrade in terms of speed (1.4ghz).

The GPU in the Sony Ericsson devices is identical to the one used in the Pre 3, the "Adreno 205". I could not find this information on the Incredible S.

So, surely, there must be someone out there capable of porting over those roms to the Pre 3, which I imagine would only need support for wi-fi and phone capabilities.

I might be completely wrong here, but with a lot of other people, I'd like the option to dual-boot also.

Edit: link to the specs of the chipset: http://www.qualcomm.com/documents/fi...in-america.pdf
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I too would like to see this as an option, apparently there is something on the rootzwiki site relating to this as being a possible project, saw a mention of it here somewhere couple of weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    Ah cool, I'll try and find that then. Should be interesting. I've just put CM on my touchpad and everything is working fine on that. Its nice to have the option, even if I'm not going to use it...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb