Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By barkerja
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    For anyone interested to see if Nokia can pull something new out of the bag today:

Nokia World 2011

I'm interested to see how they can bring something fresh to the WP7 experience and if Microsoft are allowing them to modify the locked down WP7 in any significant way.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Gawd this is dire - didn't anyone learn anything from Jobs - I'm not sure if the Nokia crew are trying to convince us or themselves.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I'm interested to see how they can bring something fresh to the WP7 experience and if Microsoft are allowing them to modify the locked down WP7 in any significant way.
    According to this there's only a turn-by-turn navigation app and a streaming music app (service?). Not enough, IMO.

"Siri, when are Nokia going to go bust?"
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    and no flash support?

Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    According to this there's only a turn-by-turn navigation app and a streaming music app (service?). Not enough, IMO.

"Siri, when are Nokia going to go bust?"
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    and no flash support?
    The less "big hitters" support Flash, the better.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    yeah, i just thought it was interesting...

flash use to be just a big issue... but for ms i guess it makes sense anyways cause of silverlight.

and i hear they have multitasking where background programs running go in a suspend state with api's to run background tasks. lol, issues once criticized... now incorporated in their own designs.

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The less "big hitters" support Flash, the better.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Just seen on twitter that Nokia plans to hand out 75,000 free phones to developers and partners in an attempt to encourage interest.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Marketing looks interesting -

arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/10/more-than-just-sexy-phones-how-nokia-will-help-sell-windows-phone-7.ars