Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    He said apparently that he thinks Android is a stolen product. I think some people are over reacting about what he said. I also think Apple has a right to he mad at Google, although they too are over reacting. I mean Google was a partner with Apple and developed Google Maps for the platform and Jobs probably didn't know Google was developing Android at the time.

Nonetheless, I don't think Google stole anything, but if I was in Jobs place I would think and feel the same way. But what is your guys thoughts on this?
    lol, the android guys are gonna love using it against jobs character... but i doubt they'll care about why.

if i read correctly, jobs liked the google ceo... schmidt was also on the apple board joined in 2006. i believe i read somewhere that jobs actually showed him what he was developing... showed him the iphone. after that schmidt gets the idea to work on his phone.

it was later by some chance job discovered that google was working on their own phone in secret... android. see the betrayal there?

almost like a repeat of history... remember bill gates was hired to work on office for apple... and during that time he is shown mac os. gates stole mac os and he was working on getting out windows asap... and look where windows is.

apple tanked while microsoft took off... he brings in the pepsi ceo... who kicks him out of his own company later.

of course he's shown he can suceed from all that... next, pixar, back to apple.

but i guess after being burned a few times... i guess he takes it pretty personally when people you bring in turn the tables on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    He said apparently that he thinks Android is a stolen product. I think some people are over reacting about what he said. I also think Apple has a right to he mad at Google, although they too are over reacting. I mean Google was a partner with Apple and developed Google Maps for the platform and Jobs probably didn't know Google was developing Android at the time.

Nonetheless, I don't think Google stole anything, but if I was in Jobs place I would think and feel the same way. But what is your guys thoughts on this?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    lol, the android guys are gonna love using it against jobs character... but i doubt they'll care about why.

if i read correctly, jobs liked the google ceo... schmidt was also on the apple board joined in 2006. i believe i read somewhere that jobs actually showed him what he was developing... showed him the iphone. after that schmidt gets the idea to work on his phone.

it was later by some chance job discovered that google was working on their own phone in secret... android. see the betrayal there?

almost like a repeat of history... remember bill gates was hired to work on office for apple... and during that time he is shown mac os. gates stole mac os and he was working on getting out windows asap... and look where windows is.

apple tanked while microsoft took off... he brings in the pepsi ceo... who kicks him out of his own company later.

of course he's shown he can suceed from all that... next, pixar, back to apple.

but i guess after being burned a few times... i guess he takes it pretty personally when people you bring in turn the tables on ya.
    Exactly! It is exactly what happened to Apple before, and Jobs was afraid that out could go bad for Apple again. I dont think Apple will go through their slumps again. It just frustrates me how Android fans say Apple did th same thing. Yes, Apple did get their mouse/UI ideas from some Xerox (not sure on its name lol). But Apple gave them stocks which would be worth tons now. Google didn't. Anyway, it doesn't matter, just wondering your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

Didn't that initially start out with Gates trying to convince Jobs to license out Mac OS to other hardware? After he refused he then started making Windows?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Didn't that initially start out with Gates trying to convince Jobs to license out Mac OS to other hardware? After he refused he then started making Windows?
    Steve actually said it was hardware that matters and not software. Bill gates taught him an important lesson.
    Among the leaked things from the upcoming Jobs biography was an interesting quote from Bill Gates on Steve Jobs. He basically said that Jobs had a lot of great ideas, but he didn't really understand technology that well. Sounds about right.
    Looks like he failed. And if anybody's going to destroy Android it's going to be Oracle.
    Steve actually said it was hardware that matters and not software. Bill gates taught him an important lesson.
    Yes. Apple is more valuable then Microsoft.

Apple Passes Microsoft as No. 1 in Tech

If Microsoft’s Yearly Revenue Is “Wow!”, Apple’s Is “Holy ******!”
    It really doesn't matter what Jobs thought, does it?
    When I read this sort of thing, all I see is, "Wah, I though of that first! Meany!" "No, I did! Stupidhead!"
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    When I read this sort of thing, all I see is, "Wah, I though of that first! Meany!" "No, I did! Stupidhead!"
    Actually there is/was a little more at stake than schoolyard status, you know?

He may be justified or may not but to think that CEOs don't stay on top of this stuff, and have strong opinions, is just silly.
    which he learned seemingly, seeing as "apps > all" is the ruling factor for tablets for a great deal of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Not anymore.
    Tim Cook's continuing the "Death to Android" legacy with full force.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Actually there is/was a little more at stake than schoolyard status, you know?
    Definitely so, and that's why there's so much of it going on. Still doesn't make it any less childish IMO.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    He said apparently that he thinks Android is a stolen product...
    What wasn’t reported in those memoirs is that after Steve was asked about android and went on his little tirade, he was then asked how he felt about webOS to which Steve responded, “Web-what?”

-Suntan
    Cool. They updated their interface when they moved from key driven to touch driven...
    Wow, how long after seeing the Iphone did google get their redesign? It would have taken Palm or HP a decade to redesign from the before to the after.
    The LG Prada came out first before the iPhone and the G1. Both phones eventually took cues from the Prada. On top that, the HTC Wallaby was the first fully functional modern touch screen phone. What proceeded that were Pocket PCs/ Palm Pilots with GSM/3g compact flash capabilities. It's not hard to stack rows of four icons together.

Also, bow to the IBM Simon. The first touchscreen phone.
    according to wiki...
    the prada came out in dec 2006.
    the iphone came out in jan 07.
    so really doubt they took their cues from prada.

also we're talking dumbphone vs more of a smartphone that used data and having wifi ability to browse and run apps (web apps). the prada has an sd for storing music and video and pdfs and that's about it.

before iphone, there were smartphones (and pdas) so iphone didnt invent it (iphone wasnt even a smartphone)... smartphones like the nokia n series and samsung blackjack and if i recall winmo was just getting into offering stylus' on their winmo smartphones (long available on pdas like palms or dell axims).

and right before iphone you were just starting to see browsers for smartphones come out with more pc like page rendering (opera). but imo, ms didnt do much with winmo except maybe an update once a year and try to give us more than windows 3.11 type ui. we'd probably still be on winmo 5.x if not for new blood.

before iphone i only had a dell axim pda and loved it.

it may not be hard to stack rows of 4 icons together... but it wasn't until iphone that someone made put it all together (touchscreen and browser under a fully touchscreen ui) and made it work so good.

and do it at a reasonable price and work out a reasonable data price ($20 month unlimited). that last part really brought smartphones into mainstream.

give credit where credit is due. lg prada... geez.

also... if it wasnt for iphone... you wouldnt have had rubi to bring webos to palm.

Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    The LG Prada came out first before the iPhone and the G1. Both phones eventually took cues from the Prada. On top that, the HTC Wallaby was the first fully functional modern touch screen phone. What proceeded that were Pocket PCs/ Palm Pilots with GSM/3g compact flash capabilities. It's not hard to stack rows of four icons together.

Also, bow to the IBM Simon. The first touchscreen phone.
    Last edited by donm527; 10/25/2011 at 12:57 PM.
    sinsin07 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast